NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Who's importing their Wii?

Japanese Wii for £115, Wii sports for £10.

its a no brainer!!

Don't get me wrong, the price thing is one of the major reasons to import, you'll be saving loads.

BUT what about the language? I have a JAP GC and had to be really careful what games i imported for it. I probably didn't get everything out of the game either as i didn't know what was being said. :D

A USA one is really tempting. Maybe after seeing how the release dates are going for a few months i may import a USA Wii next year or something.

Don't get me wrong, the price thing is one of the major reasons to import, you'll be saving loads.

BUT what about the language? I have a JAP GC and had to be really careful what games i imported for it. I probably didn't get everything out of the game either as i didn't know what was being said. :D

A USA one is really tempting. Maybe after seeing how the release dates are going for a few months i may import a USA Wii next year or something.

I have JPN GC/PS2/DC and apart from RPG's and few other games the language is not a problem. playing mario in Japanese for example is not a problem.

anyway i hve faith just like the NTSC GC that the NTSC Wii will be be chipped so american and Japanese games can be played on both systems.

I imported the Gamecube, but I'm not importing Wii.

The main issue was games. Sure, you can order games online and they can be cheaper. But you can't just pop into your local game shop and buy second-hand games. Or take advantage of their special offers - import websites rarely have special offers, if any!

The Wii's online service would add possible complications, namely things like registering your account (especially if it asks for a real US address) and paying online. Imagine playing online, instead of connecting to a nice fast server that's in your country, you have to connect to a server thousands of miles away, which means more lag.

Since the Nintendo teams are going to go over the code of each old game to make it work on the VC and look good on Wii, there is always the chance that they'll take the time to convert games that were never released in PAL. Just slap on a 60Hz requirement, do the necessary localisation, and there you go.

Sure, it's a shame that there is region lock. But I'm not crying "nintendo r d00m3d!!111". :p

Sign in to follow this