Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Aussie

Indeed, I have all the jiggies. But the completionist in me wants to do it anyway at some stage.

I know what you mean. That TT was a right pain to get. It was especially annoying when I was one point below the required score. I got it after a few more goes. The only tip is to try and remember where it all is.

• 3 weeks later...

I re-bought banjo-kazooie on xbox live arcade just to complete nuts and bolts fully :( even though I still have the original.

The game was just too good and I really wanted to finish EVERYTHING. I was skeptical at first but I was hooked from an hour in to it. The classic Rare humour is still there and the gameplay is reminiscent of all the N64 favourites.

I have to say that I thought some of the challenges were quite hard but it never really took me more than 5 goes I think (and that was the target shooting with Boggy in the Terrarium of Terror) to get the TT Trophies. I should really try out the multiplayer but I'm just not motivated enough to do it.

Looks like DLC is on the way. Awesome!

Rare is teasing with some new content for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and it promises to reveal further details this week. The British studio said:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts – it's not over yet. We can't offer any specifics, but it wouldn't do to let your N&B disc gather dust. To whet your appetite for what's coming, a few words from L.O.G. himself...

And here are the words from Lord of Games"

"Am I addressing the fine minority of gamesplayers with taste, those who are still neck-deep in the customisable wonders of my latest title to feature that drooling bear and the shrieking hag I wish I'd never invented? And Gruntilda too, of course. Ah, the humorous bait-and-switch.

"As I put so much effort into hammering and sticky-taping together all those new worlds for Nuts & Bolts, I thought I'd reward the loyalty of its cadre of ardent players with a brief hint. So prick up your ears, soldiers: consider this an early warning that news on potential lifespan-lengthening activities will be incoming very soon. The game's lifespan, I mean, not your own. I may be a deity, but that's just unrealistic.

"If all goes well, you'll soon be able to experience a little something that I devised during a spare moment in exile from the Palace lounge as the Lady of Games watched some kind of dreadful house renovation show marathon. I have to say I'm quite pleased with the end result, apart from the section that Klungo insisted on contributing due to what he claimed was 'popular demand'. Well, that remains to be seen. I've even topped it off with a promotional logo to keep you interested, as I'm told it's all about the logos and PR and vertical marketing these days.

"That's all for now. Until the next time I randomly and irresponsibly decide to break the fourth wall, enjoy."

I'm not expecting anything more than some new challenges and a Klungo Saves The World level. Hopefully the challenges are unique (and new parts would be nice).

I wonder if they'll make new acts for the challenges.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the achievements for the DLC

Crowd Pleaser

Knock down all of the supporting cast in Ben Hurdle

Wheels on Fire

Burn an opponent's vehicle until it falls apart at the seams

Halfway Home

Complete all of L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges once

Ultimate - Played The Game

Show Sssuper Klungo the real meaning of sssuper

Paint the Town Gold

Complete all of L.O.G.'s lost challenges to TT standard

Sssave The Universsse!

Complete all Lost Challenges in L.O.G.'s Choice and Player's Choice vehicles

Pointless Achievement

Find the door to L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges

Old Ssskool Ssseekrit Area

Klungo not ssstupid, ussse old fake wall trick to hide Klungo goodnesss

L.O.G. Ranked Apprentice

Win one of the new DLC multiplayer games in a ranked match

L.O.G. Master

Win all of the new DLC multiplayer games

DLC is out! Had a quick go on it earlier. Somewhat disappointing: The "12 new challenges" are in fact 6 new challenges, each of which has a Log's Choice and a Player's Choice version. Haven't really done much other than the first couple of challenges, but from what I see so far it's ok, but hardly groundbreaking.

Just completed everything - TT Trophies, Klungo's Arcade and Achievements.

Mumbo's challenge - I hated this one, mainly due to the vehicle and how it stuck to the other vehicles. Plus it sometimes randomly span out of control when landing a jump. It was no problem with player's choice.

Paint Challenge - A nice array of obstacles. Although for some reason half the time I would pick up the truck and not the paint. I like how you added an extra person in the Player's Choice. Completely threw me off first time.

Parade - A lot of fun and good practise for the related multiplater modes. I think the TT trophy difficulty was spot-on for this one.

Hurdles - I love the LOG's choice vehicle for this one. Probably my favourite DLC challenge. It was a bit easy when you could build a plane and soar through it.

Arena Fight - Extremely easy. I even used the LOG's choice one for the Player's Choice. Not that the vehicle mattered as I wasn't in it most of the time.

Basketball Hoops - It was awesome. The ball was no problem (just edit the vehicle one it's in the tray to keep it there). Different points for different gates is a great idea.

Klungo SSavesss the Universsse - Harder than the normal one. The addition of the gun actually allowes for a lot more cool features, and the gravity stuff is also sweet. A good length and a really good challenge.

Multiplayer - I've only had a quick go on all of them. I'm glad that the ToT finally has a good race (I absolutely hated the low-gravity one).

Overall, it's a really good price (if you enjoyed the game), even if it's only 6 challenges instead of 12.

Basketball Hoops - It was awesome. The ball was no problem (just edit the vehicle one it's in the tray to keep it there). Different points for different gates is a great idea.

Easiest way to complete this is to sit at the edge and spring over him when he rams at you. I completed it in about 7 seconds with this method. At the time that put me at Rank 4 on the Worldwide leaderboard :awesome:

I just finished getting all the achieveys from the DLC this morning, really enjoyed it and well worth 400 points. I was quite surprised that I managed to get the ranked achievement, I spent nearly an hour yesterday trying to get a ranked match and then I tried this morning at 8am and found one straight away! :)

Also the Banjo-Tooie trailer is up on the marketplace now.

Havn't given the DLC a shot yet, got too many other games to beat before. Including N+B, which last check was on 40 odd jiggies. Still, Tooie coming soon and i am determined to beat that game.

I never did beat it on the N64

*hangs head in shame*

Tooie coming soon and i am determined to beat that game.

I never did beat it on the N64

*hangs head in shame*

Neither did I...

*joins in with the hanging of heads in shame*

Although tbh I'm not that ashamed because it was Rare's fault for releasing both Banjo-Tooie AND Conkers Bad Fur Day within days of each other, I ended up getting Conker - for an excellent price of £27 on launch with various discounts, very good when you consider it was £59.99 rrp! - and my younger brother ended up getting Tooie and so as a result I never really played it properly back in the day, Banjo Kazooie was better anyway, but despite its faults I still really wan to play Banjo-Tooie because it will be almost as new gaming experience for me. :)

Neither did I...

Although tbh I'm not that ashamed because it was Rare's fault for releasing both Banjo-Tooie AND Conkers Bad Fur Day within days of each other, I ended up getting Conker - for an excellent price of £27 on launch with various discounts, very good when you consider it was £59.99 rrp! - and my younger brother ended up getting Tooie and so as a result I never really played it properly back in the day, Banjo Kazooie was better anyway, but despite its faults I still really wan to play Banjo-Tooie because it will be almost as new gaming experience for me. :)

It is a great game, i think i only ever made it to level 2 before Conker came out and i never as such picked up Tooie after beating Conker. Still, no excuse this time around.

Don't think I ever 100%'d Tooie, actually. Completed it a couple of times, but unlike Kazooie (which I must have beat 5+ times, at least 3 of which were 100%) I never did get a huge compulsion to come back to it time after time. I fully intend on doing so this time around.

Neither did I...

Well, if you clear this one in a few games I'll know you're using a guide. :p

I did 100% on this game, not too long ago in fact. I completed it way back when I got it but I had relatively few of the jiggies and I could barely remember a lot of the game when I came to it this time. I will say; it's very tedious. All the backtracking and switching back and forth between various characters and transformations makes the game far less enjoyable. The level design is much worse, and particularly the music too.