NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Can't say Nuts & Bolts is better than the previous games to be honest, but it still does have the same flavout to it, and I'm certainly enjoying it a lot more than the likes of Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3.

Banjo > Nuts & Bolts > Tooie > DK64 > SM64 > Sunshine

Note: I love SM64. However, there's a massive gap between SM64 and Sunshine. As in I would probably even put Ninjabread Man ahead of Sunshine.

WTF! DK64 was the worse game on N64.

Banjo > SMS > SM64 > Tooie >>> DK64

Well, in all honesty...

BK > SM64 > BT = Sunshine > DK64 = BK: N&B

Note: I didn't like DK64. :p

Banjo Kazooie is easily the cream of the crop, and one of the best games ever created. Mario Galaxy tops either Mario game probably, but for the purpose of this list I'd say Mario 64 is better than Tooie (Tooie was quite tedious at times). Sunshine was dumbed down a bit due to the ease of having a backpack to correct platforming mistakes - but then the backpackless levels made up for this a bit. I'd say I got similar levels of enjoyment from Tooie and Sunshine.

DK64 is easily one of the most tedious games I've ever played. The fact that different coloured items would be spaced around a level and mixed with other coloured ones meant there was so much switching in DK barrels and returning to spots. Backtracking and just a general lack of magic usually present in Rare games made me dislike this quite a bit.

Equally unliked would have to be BK:N&B. I've gone through all the reasons in this topic plenty, but put simply it is repetetive and broken (in particular weight problematic vehicles). That, and it (for me) just isn't that fun to play. Not anywhere near the original platformer, anyway. I loved the feeling of my character having abilities, rather than having to use vehicles for abilities.

In non-comparison news. I hit 71 jiggies last night. God I hate Terranium of Terror.

Its just... so bland feeling in comparison to the Jiggolympics. Ah well, Spiral Mountain next. I doubt I'll be finishing it tonight though, off out :(

Terranium of Terror is also a bitch to get around :/

There's essentially 4 rooms. The main room, the room at the top and one at each side. The top/side rooms are easily accessible from the middle room.

Bought this on sunday. £20 in gamestation, i couldn't say no. Don't know when i'm going to give it a go yet though, already got a load of games on the go!

1000/1000 GET!

After playing Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem on the Wii loads I decided I needed a break so I went back and started to get all the TT Trophies and the final Jiggies. It took me a couple of days but its finally finished :)

As much as I didn't like the demo for this, I must say it's brilliant for a mess about. So much fun can be had. The vehicle controls aren't exactly stellar but it's still masses of fun. I've built some monsters of vehicles so far. In the Nutty Acres area for the jinjo token where you have to push the other thing out of the ring I made a huge crab like vehicle with a huge V shaped pincher area. L'il ball thing didn't stand a chance. :heh: Not done too much of it. Got 6 Jiggies and got all of the TT trophies on all of the missions I've done so far and have unlocked Logbox 720 and Banjoland already. Trying to juggle this with CoD:W@W and Dead Space so I'm taking it slowly.

did you not get the update notification when you started it up?

Well. It's the first game I've played on my first Xbox 360. It "updated" itself before it started but it only lead to this.

Do I have to do this Xbox Live bullshit for it to actually work?

I think you may need to have at least a Silver account. The text size option should be in the options if you need it (it was fine on my 19" HDTV).

Well. It's the first game I've played on my first Xbox 360. It "updated" itself before it started but it only lead to this.

Do I have to do this Xbox Live bullshit for it to actually work?

As stated above , you should be able to get the update from a Silver XBL account.

I could only play this for a short spell at a time because of the SDTV text issues but the recent update has really done the job and I didn't need to adjust any options , so I just need to find the time to get back into this.

I've managed to pimpsmack the text issue, but something else bothers me. When characters are talking and what they're saying is longer than the speech box, is there a way to get it to move quicker? The normal holding/pressing A does nothing except move along.

What do the numbers above the Mumbo crates signify? Never quite worked it out yet.

What do the numbers above the Mumbo crates signify? Never quite worked it out yet.

It signifies what number crate it is. Nothing useful.

My mission on this today was to make a workable subcarine (a car and a submarine combined) after getting a few more Jiggies. So made one and it works great on land but take it in the water and it sort of sits with the back end under water and the front end poking out. Need a few more propellers to keep it floating while underwater. But apart from that little set back, it works well. :heh: Having a lot of fun with the Vehicle builder. Lots of variety. But for the life of me, I can't see where I'm supposed to put one of the floaters in the Test-O-Track area for the respective achievement. It says a pipe but the only pipes are covered. There a tunnel that goes through the main block of ramps and stuff so is it there that you put it?

Yes, it's the tunnel through the main blocks. Remember that it has to be the ball hovering in mid-air.

ok, thanks. Will pick that one up later. Will also get the ones for the 5 piece vehicle and 200 piece on. Don't know what speed you need to hit with both as there is no speed bar in the test area but I'll just keep trying until I get it.

I'm not far into it (collected maybe 20 jiggies) but the thing I'm loving about the game so far, other than the obvious musical / character stuff, is the way you can complete a task in so many different ways. The example I'm thinking of is that Clanker protection level from the demo; in the demo, I tried just barging the guys and failed, and didn't bother. Knowing I needed to do it this time, I went at first for an egg shooter, but couldn't aim it effectively enough with my limited pieces. So my next idea was a pair of "glasses", a massive vehicle to cover his eyes while I whack the bots to death. Of course, I couldn't make one wide enough to cover both eyes, so instead I made one and concentrated on protecting the other manually. I didn't get the TT trophy, though, and so when I get more pieces I'm gonna come back to it and take another approach, possibly completely caging one eye while shooting from the vehicle, or something totally new.

The biggest disappointment for me so far is that there are no jiggies just laying around that you have to solve a puzzle to grab. Find a way to it, complete a certain task (that isn't explained by an NPC) etc. Example; the Tower of Strength in Banjoland. I divebombed on it in my plane, just for the hell of it, and got an achievement for ringing the bell. Surely they could have had some sort of ingame reward for that? Having everything clearly signposted - an NPC location pointed to on the map, a whole speech explaining what you need to do and why, and then get an arbitrary reward. But why does Mumbo have a jiggy for me if I can do xyz, when he's supposed to be Banjo's friend? Why can't he just give him it to prevent Grunty winning?