NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

So using your logic, they should expect people to go in to say Mario Kart expecting a platformer just because it has the Mario brand?

This is a good game, its very fun. It's not perfect but its still good. That is my opinion.

I'm having a bit of a problem if anyone can help me out here.

i've got 3 jiggies in banjoland's jig-o-vend but i can't figure out how to get my trolly to the vender without it sinking in the water and i can't find a way round to it.

What i'm doing is i'm leaving the trolly at trophy thomas' hut and swimming across to the jig-o-vend and bringing the jiggies across the water individually but its getting a bit tedious.

So is there a way to get the trolly around to the banjoland jig-o-vend?

So using your logic, they should expect people to go in to say Mario Kart expecting a platformer just because it has the Mario brand?

That's not my logic, that's some daft logic you made up. Everyone knows Mario Kart involves racing around a track, so to alter your example it would be tantamount to the next Mario Kart being a platformer game.

Also, you are forgetting that BK aren't a mass whored out symbol like Mario is, and have had two successful games that were both platformers, so they don't lend their faces to every genre going. The creation of BK/BT spawned fans of those games, who were fans of the series because of the games they were. Those fans are the ones who care the most about a new BK game coming out a full 8 years later, while many newer gamers don't know who BK are and are much less likely to appreciate or buy into a new BK game.

Put simply, this game goes against what most Banjo fans want, and for many isn't really that fun, and as a result the majority seem to dislike it.

i've got 3 jiggies in banjoland's jig-o-vend but i can't figure out how to get my trolly to the vender without it sinking in the water and i can't find a way round to it.

What i'm doing is i'm leaving the trolly at trophy thomas' hut and swimming across to the jig-o-vend and bringing the jiggies across the water individually but its getting a bit tedious.

That's what I found, and made me question what the game was playing at. I honestly couldn't find a way round, and as a result dragged them individually. I don't see why they make you transport your jiggies after getting them.

When you get further into the game, should be before you get to Banjo Land tbh, think it was after the second gruntilda confrontation, you get an upgrade to your trolley that lets it float

When you get further into the game, should be before you get to Banjo Land tbh, think it was after the second gruntilda confrontation, you get an upgrade to your trolley that lets it float

I kept getting the jiggies from all the acts I could in nutty acres, then logbox opened up, did jiggies in that until banjo land opened up, then did some jiggies in that. Got quite a few more jiggies and still haven't reached the second grunty fight, so still pretty much float-less.

I kept getting the jiggies from all the acts I could in nutty acres, then logbox opened up, did jiggies in that until banjo land opened up, then did some jiggies in that. Got quite a few more jiggies and still haven't reached the second grunty fight, so still pretty much float-less.

The Grunty fight is in door 3 or 4 of Logbox. You're skipping things. No wonder you're having bad experiences...you're missing all the upgrades that make life easier

Just defeated Grunty!

The 6-in-one challenge was awesome and a lot of fun. Took a few tries to get the TT, but I just about managed it. I was pleasantly surprised by the quiz.

The Grunty battle was ace, too. Took a few tries to find the right vehicle, but I managed it:

DSC00060-1.jpg

The final version I used was that with two torpediles and some more ammo (oh, and those rockets were folded down for all but the final phase).

The end cutscene was short but sweet.

Hopefully Rare update their site so we can view our uploaded photos soon.

I've still got a lot to do, and I still love this game to bits.

Some challenges do require me to think unconventionally

Like the one where the statue was under attack...tried oit a few times normally and was struggling, so I made a big ass plane, flew quickly to the statue, hijacked it, flew up high and waited it out :p

Like the one where the statue was under attack...tried oit a few times normally and was struggling, so I made a big ass plane, flew quickly to the statue, hijacked it, flew up high and waited it out :p

Hehe. I did exactly the same thing.

There are so many permutations to doing each challenge, I guess if you only go for the basics they may seem the same, but if you go about having fun, its awesome...like a Polo one I just did...was struggling with the angles so turned my boat into a massive plow and won

Some challenges do require me to think unconventionally

I just grabbed it with my wrench and ran for cover in the little log bridge, you could hear the Grunty Bots crashing into the bridge while I was all cosy inside :)

The Grunty fight is in door 3 or 4 of Logbox. You're skipping things. No wonder you're having bad experiences...you're missing all the upgrades that make life easier

Skipping things? Hardly. Door 3 or 4 of it didn't load up. How is it skipping things, anyway? If I'm told that a new game orb thingy appears and it practically wants me to place it in the next world opener, it's madness not to do it. Considering the challenges are pretty much all the same it only makes sense to want to at least see the next level; something fresh.

How would not going onto the next level 'early' somehow erase the bad driving mechanics/mundane and repetitive challenge experiences? It's getting mediocre ratings for a reason, ya know.

heh maxconsoles and Kotaku got japed :D

360bank.jpg

Main Entry: 1jape

Pronunciation: \ˈjāp\

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): japed; jap·ing

Etymology: Middle English

Date: 14th century

intransitive verb : to say or do something jokingly or mockingly transitive verb : to make mocking fun of

Skipping things? Hardly. Door 3 or 4 of it didn't load up. How is it skipping things, anyway? If I'm told that a new game orb thingy appears and it practically wants me to place it in the next world opener, it's madness not to do it. Considering the challenges are pretty much all the same it only makes sense to want to at least see the next level; something fresh.

How would not going onto the next level 'early' somehow erase the bad driving mechanics/mundane and repetitive challenge experiences? It's getting mediocre ratings for a reason, ya know.

Can't you just let people enjoy the game? It's getting no more "mediocre" ratings than most Wii games do. You not liking the game doesn't mean it's a bad game, clearly some people like it.

Can't you just let people enjoy the game? It's getting no more "mediocre" ratings than most Wii games do. You not liking the game doesn't mean it's a bad game, clearly some people like it.

I don't recall standing in the way of people's 360s with outstretched arms, preventing their play. People are free to enjoy it, and people are free to not enjoy it (having paid a whopping £40) and then post whatever their view is. Hey, that's a forum.

Really, every so often a game comes along that is such a turd compared to what it should have been that everyone is allowed one game that they can rip to utter shreds. Not only is this game, in my opinion, quite poor, it drags the Banjo series with it. I don't think you quite understand my position: I love the previous Banjo games, possibly more than humanly possible, and therefore it's a huge annoyance and a screw up when a game I've been eagerly awaiting, in my eyes, has fallen flat on its arse.

Oh and btw, I don't see how comparing it to mediocre Wii games is saving it. XD Most Wii games deserve to be flamed to hell and back, and are far worse than mediocre. Also, me not liking the game neither means it's a good game nor a bad game, as 'bad game' is entirely opinion, just one that seems rather popular for this title.

Apart from a few levels, the multiplayer is a lot of fun. In a crazy, non-serious way. Although there's barely anyone online.

Apart from a few levels, the multiplayer is a lot of fun. In a crazy, non-serious way. Although there's barely anyone online.

Agreed. I had such a laugh with you and Nintenchris last night, especially in the water polo games. The way everyone charged for the ball in the middle of the area was freaking hilarious.

After having a relaxing bath I went back online to find Cube still playing in the single race events. Everytime he was in the game I kept getting tanned so I got the hell out of there and headed back to team games where I finally got the last of the multiplayer achievements which waswin 20 games.

Damn challenge in Banjo Land is doing my head in

The one on the motorbike...it controls like ass...sometimes it doesnt recognise my flips and last time it wouldnt get up after falling over on a hill

Damn challenge in Banjo Land is doing my head in

The one on the motorbike...it controls like ass...sometimes it doesnt recognise my flips and last time it wouldnt get up after falling over on a hill

I still need to beat that one. On the last part of the challenge I couldnt hang in the air long enough despite jumping full speed off the footy pitch area.

I havn't been on this since Saturday i think. Probably will give this another session later, see if i can get more of them jiggies.

I'm still about on Nutty Acres atm though, on the 2nd door of that.

Just started this last night.

I think its pretty good, but it certainly doesn't feel like a Banjo game.

And I'd have liked to spend some time exploring Spiral Mountain at the start, rather than being transported straight away :(

Also - not a big fan of the 'having to go get the jiggies from the jig-o-vend' fiasco.

At least I get the Arcade game ^^