NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

I've been fapping around in Showdown Town, I've only got about 4 jiggies but I ditched my trolley and, managed to cheat my way to the top of one tower and the Rusty Bucket area, searching for Mumbo boxes. Seemed to work well.

Is it true that there is no "manual" way to save the game? Up until now I've been taking photos and pissing around with vehicles and overwriting the names.

"Da graffix" are rather good, but the factt hat you're so far away from Banjo just seems... wrong for me.

Is it true that there is no "manual" way to save the game? Up until now I've been taking photos and pissing around with vehicles and overwriting the names.

"Da graffix" are rather good, but the factt hat you're so far away from Banjo just seems... wrong for me.

The game autosaves every 10 seconds or so. Don't worry if the game ever warns you about losing data, those messages simply have to be included to pass Microsoft's validation process.

You can switch between three levels of camera zoom by clicking the right stick. I find the medium setting to be a happy one.

If you pause/unpause it initiates an autosave. I generally do that before exiting, just in case. But I think it pretty much autosaves after anything - collect one note and it will do so.

Finally got the Floater achievement and the Minimalist achievement earlier. The floater one was pretty easy. Was just lucky to get a sticky ball in one of the mumbo boxes I found. The minimalist one was fun, dropping from the huge cog above Nutty Acres but for some reason it wouldn't give me the Speedy of the Colossus one for doing the same thing but with a 200 block vehicle. :shrug: I'll just keep trying.

A question though. There's an achievement for Banjoland that has something to do with the locales in the level. Do you have to speak to all of the tiger signs to get the history on them for it? If so, I'm sure I listened to them all and didn't get it. Either that or there's one I can't find. The only place I could think of where there would be another one would be under the water so I went do and into the little treasure cave and still couldn't find it.

I think the minimalist requires you to have an almost-full speedometer, whereas the others require a completely full one.

Or, and the only achievement specific in banjoland is doing the strength test thing.

Yeh appears I was wrong about that Banjoland one. Just read the achievements again and there's nothing of the sort. So I wasted about 30mins this morning looking out those tiger signs. :indeed: I'm sure I saw something somewhere about something like it though. Or perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me. I didn't sleep well last night so that could be it.

ummm is there a way to get a free code for banjo one? discovered that you needed a pre-order to get one when it came out...BUT is there any code out there i can use?

ummm is there a way to get a free code for banjo one? discovered that you needed a pre-order to get one when it came out...BUT is there any code out there i can use?

Not as far as i'm aware sorry...

Finally started playing this the other day! Loved what i have played so far. Not created a vehicle yet but think i might try to do one tonight. Loving all the jokes in it also!

Nearly finished this. Unlocked Spiral Mountain but haven't done it yet. Was wondering how the hell and where the hell I got the laser as I had beaten Grunty in all of the fights in all areas and then found there was a second one for one area so easily picked it up. Got 94 Jiggies. Definitely won't be getting the full 131 as so far, I've found 3 missions I can't do: two in the Terror of Terranium level and one in Banjoland.

Haven't made many vehicles myself that I've saved. I've made some interesting things but need to think of other things to make. Gonna try and make a replica space shuttle as I have enough jets and I'm thinking of making a Mech-thing with detachable arms just for the hell of it or a detachable head.

One last thing, I'm trying to get the achievement for getting all of the loose change/notes in Showdown Town and basically have them all apart from the ones on top of the Uptown buildings where the Terror of Terranium portals are. Anyone able to sort of tell me how I get up there to nab them?

One last thing, I'm trying to get the achievement for getting all of the loose change/notes in Showdown Town and basically have them all apart from the ones on top of the Uptown buildings where the Terror of Terranium portals are. Anyone able to sort of tell me how I get up there to nab them?

Enter the area from where the Jinjo prison is. Once you're in the place with the ToT portals turn to the right. There's a drainpipe.

And while you're on the final part of the roof look out for a place to go down on the outside.

Still playing this on and off to finish up. Now have all the ordinary jiggys from challenges and all the jinjos. Still need a couple hundred more notes, 2 mumbo crates and about 60 TT trophies :p

I love how pointless some of the pre-made vehicles are. The amount of panels they use which aren't necessary. Most of the time I just stick guns on some pf the pre-made ones, and for the challenge in the Jiggoseum where you have to put the balls on the winners stands, sticking a tray onto a choppa was all I needed.

Plus using a plane for the hurdle mission was a stroke of genius.

One question. Some of my vehicles seem to shut down for about 5-10 seconds then start back up again. Am I burning the engine out or something?

One question. Some of my vehicles seem to shut down for about 5-10 seconds then start back up again. Am I burning the engine out or something?

You ran out of fuel. You should have a fuel gauge on the left.

You ran out of fuel. You should have a fuel gauge on the left.

That's what I thought, it comes back online quick enough.

I love how pointless some of the pre-made vehicles are. The amount of panels they use which aren't necessary. Most of the time I just stick guns on some pf the pre-made ones, and for the challenge in the Jiggoseum where you have to put the balls on the winners stands, sticking a tray onto a choppa was all I needed.

Plus using a plane for the hurdle mission was a stroke of genius.

I used a plane for the hurdles too :p Much easier, since theres no contact and corner cutting. Jiggoseum really was a great level, a lot of interesting challenges - long jump, dominoes, etc.

My favourite premade was Humba's transport copter, with the stickyball. It was great for loads of missions.

Think for the hurdles I just stuck loads of engines on a 4 wheeled vehicle, put a loads of blocks and the front and just bashed my way through the hurdles. Tried with plane but wasn't fast enough and couldn't be bothered making one so found it easiest to just do that. Think I got the T.T. trophy doing it that way as well.

Thats the beauty of this game. Three perfectly valid ways of doing things :smile:

I hate it when people glitch the game to get to the top of the leaderboard. Like, abuse the edit mode to knock stuff over, or whatever. Annoying, especailly when there are a few hundred people who have done it and all have a score of 0, and you have to scroll right down to find someone who did it properly.

HELP!! please -

on the stunt challenge at banjoland (drive motorbike thing) the last thing you get asked to do is a "big finish" what exactly do you have to do? ive tryed all sorts of twists and turns in the air but no joy

If you went through the set of checkpoints just before in a logical order you should be facing away from the football area. Down the hill a little bit is a jump.

You basically have to stay in the air for a certain amount of time.

^ I tried doing it that way, jumping off of the snowman thing where the snowmaker is, and I was in the air for what I'd say was a good amount of time yet didn't get anything and failed the mission as it wouldn't give me the jiggie no matter what I did. So I just left it.

I used a plane for the hurdles too :p Much easier, since theres no contact and corner cutting. Jiggoseum really was a great level, a lot of interesting challenges - long jump, dominoes, etc.

My favourite premade was Humba's transport copter, with the stickyball. It was great for loads of missions.

I had a plane with EMP on it...that screwed the enemies over :p

Argh...... Only one note to find in Showdown Town and I can't bloody find it. Was needing like 28 or something and found them under some of the Banjoland houses on the water but left me short by 1. Haven't got a clue where it could be. I climbed up Log's tower to see if I had left any on the way up there but nope, I got them all. Will have to find out where all the note caches were and go through each one again and see if I can find it.

Also, only need 18 more jiggies. However, only 3 of those are from levels (2 from Terror of Terranium and 1 in Banjoland) leaving me 15 to get in Showdown Town. How the hell do I get those? I know you get some randomly from the thing beside T.T. but apart from that I don't know.