Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

No one should see those lists as a guidance because, this is not videogame ratings. As shino said, the most hardcore anime watchers's favourite anime is a lot of the times the most recent one they saw. So it's no surprise that the most recent animes are on the top of the lists and great past masterpieces keep getting lower and lower.

This is very true. I don't really consider myself an anime fan who endevours to watch mostly every new anime that is released. 99% of the recent anime is garbage to me, so I'm stuck with the 10 or so classics I've seen over time that I consider great. The only great anime series' I would recommend to anyone are Evangelion, RahXephon and Trigun.

When sequels to those come out, it's a very exciting day. The new Ah! My Goddess series being one of those sequels. It isn't a classic to most people by any means, but I love the characters so naturally it's a necessary watch.

Those lists are usually determined by popularity and not quality, also.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99% of the recent anime is garbage

Truth, we have to wait ages to get masterpieces, but i guess that's just normal.

*thread revitalization post*

Since we'r in the subject: Out of the ones you watched, post the top ones that you liked A LOT (anime or manga), not just the okay ones, the ones you really love. I'm not gonna read 928 posts, but if this was already made in this thread: IGNore plzkthksbye.

My list that i would absolutely recommend to anyone, in no particular order:

Dragon Ball

Naruto

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Great Teacher Onizuka (aka GTO)

Berserk

Love Hina (just the manga, the anime completely pales in comparison)

Golden Boy

Azumanga Daioh

School Rumble

Long list, but i love them all big time.::shrug:

I know there are other great ones out there, but i don't have all the time in the world to watch'em all.

Gotta watch'em aaaaall!!!!! ........ok, lame joke

My list that i would absolutely recommend to anyone, in no particular order:

Dragon Ball

Naruto

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Berserk

Golden Boy

Azumanga Daioh

School Rumble

Long list, but i love them all big time.::shrug:

I know there are other great ones out there, but i don't have all the time in the world to watch'em all.

Gotta watch'em aaaaall!!!!! ........ok, lame joke

add Ghost in the Shell (both the films and the two anime series.) :D:D:D

My point exactly.
While in Japanese the term otaku has negative connotations, in English the term is slightly more flexible; some fans believe it has positive connotations, while other fans believe it has negative connotations, especially on internet forums.

Anyone can say what they want with dots...

Well it must have been shown late at night Dabookerman because screencaps of the episode are online.

Sunday evening then, which would of been around 10-13 hours earlier. and since screen caps have appeared, the time it would take to tivo, compress upload the pics, and then be discovered by yourself, i say it makes sense.

Add Honey and Clover, Fullmetal alchemist, Gundam SEED (non Destiny) and FMP: The Second Raid and there you have a relatively decent list.

It's too hot in this room at the moment to remebmer any others..

Watched the first series of FMP recently but was a bit meh about it. Are the later series much better? Which one?

Oh fun an arguement about what an Otaku is...... If you really want to know... Watch Densha Otoko....... Train Man if you really want to know the English title...... Oh and before anyone says anything, a train is just a place a very important scene happens... It's not about a dude who loves trains.....

denshaotoko-08.jpg

Hmmm how many times have I told everyone to watch this now? lol

Oh fun an arguement about what an Otaku is...... If you really want to know... Watch Densha Otoko....... Train Man if you really want to know the English title...... Oh and before anyone says anything, a train is just a place a very important scene happens... It's not about a dude who loves trains.....

denshaotoko-08.jpg

Hmmm how many times have I told everyone to watch this now? lol

Agreed, altho the cool ASCII artist otaku, he is awesome, and his girlfriend is HOT, the man with the palm tree face scares me tho

I just watched the final episode of Haruhi and omg it was amazing! XD I seriously thought it was a great ending... I don't want to give anything away so I won't go into detail, but one thing.......

....Jordan....... I TOLD YOU! XD After Episode 9 I told you what would happen. =P

The ending left me wanting more, but, at the same time I want them to leave it as it is.. Seriously a great way to end the show, but, if they do continue they better hold up the standards! XD

It did leave me kind of sad at the end though... :weep:

:santa:

Agreed, altho the cool ASCII artist otaku, he is awesome, and his girlfriend is HOT, the man with the palm tree face scares me tho

Yup yup... ASCII dude is awesome... If I only I had his skills I could do a little picture that would some up haruhi ending perfectly. >.<;;;

Great last episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya but really it was episode 6 :p.

Anyone going watch the episodes in chronological order?

Chronological Order/Broadcast Order

Episode 01/02 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅰ

Episode 02/03 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅱ

Episode 03/05 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅲ

Episode 04/10 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅳ

Episode 05/13 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅴ

Episode 06/14 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅵ

Episode 07/04 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Taikutsu

Episode 08/07 - Mysterique Sign

Episode 09/06 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 1)

Episode 10/08 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 2)

Episode 11/01 - Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00

Episode 12/12 - Live A Live

Episode 13/11 - Day of Sagittarius

Episode 14/09 - Someday In The Rain

Dragon Ball

Naruto

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Berserk

Golden Boy

Azumanga Daioh

School Rumble

Take off Dragon Ball, add Trigun, Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, Akira and Full Metal Panic and you've pretty much got my list :) I'm kinda liking Witchblade too, so I'd consider adding that, but since Shinsen dropped it and Bakakozou are bringing it out very slowly and in .mkv format, I haven't seen past ep 5.

What's wrong with .mkv?
Nothing with the format or quality itself, only that I like to watch all videos with winamp, and listen to music with iTunes. It saves me having to load different playlists each time, and winamp doesn't support mkv :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!