Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guest Stefkov

Both Bleach and Naruto were immense. Naruto moreso but still.

After seeing what a break can do for the anime I actually would not care if they took a week off after every episode. I truly wouldn't care if we get what we got this time.

My mouth was wider than ever before.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be the noob around here.... but I wanna start getting into Anime. I've seen a few Studio Ghibli films and really loved them. But what TV series do you recommend?

After reading a few pages of this thread Bleach and Naruto seem to be quite popular, are they good places to start? How many episodes are there currently in each of those?

There's 155 Bleach episodes and 262 Naruto episodes, although that's in Japan and a good chunk of the latter are really weak episodes not based on the manga at all.

I don't know how much is out in English... I think Naruto is dubbed to about 120-130 maybe more now.

I hate to be the noob around here.... but I wanna start getting into Anime. I've seen a few Studio Ghibli films and really loved them. But what TV series do you recommend?

After reading a few pages of this thread Bleach and Naruto seem to be quite popular, are they good places to start? How many episodes are there currently in each of those?

Actually, you could be used as an experiment for me, if you don't mind.

Before you watch either Bleach or Naruto, try watching Death Note, Eureka Seven, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell which I think most users would agree are excellent series, also when you're done watching those (or if you don't want to be part of my test) can you at least watch naruto before you watch bleach?

EDIT: oh shit new clannad, the only show i'm really keeping up with, I do love kyoani animated key stories but they're starting a wear a little thin on me. I really appreciate that the humor in this series isn't just "hurr he saw her panties" and the mostly non cliched cast of characters.

EDIT: oh shit new clannad, the only show i'm really keeping up with, I do love kyoani animated key stories but they're starting a wear a little thin on me. I really appreciate that the humor in this series isn't just "hurr he saw her panties" and the mostly non cliched cast of characters.

I know what you mean, they're all a bit samey. Apart from Planetarian, Key just seems to churn out the same games over and over again. Doesn't stop the anime adaptations being good though. :wink:

You have been reading this thread in the wrong way, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is what you should watch. Only 27 episodes long, but that's 27 episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Guest Stefkov
Speaking of Fullmetal Alchemist... the manga is like... 10 times better than the anime. And that's saying a lot, since the anime is fantastic! Up to volume 14 and oh god... it's getting oh so good!!

You're making me want to buy it and I've planned out what manga I really wanted to buy.

Damnit Jack.

I've got a few epipsodes of Bleach and Death Note Downloaded there in Jap with subtitles, now I know thats how I should be watching them but its so much easier to sit down a chill without having to read. I was getting these from bleach-network.com and the quality was good. Is there any where that does them in english? It also doesn't help when streaming from my mac>360 becuase of my crappy TV the subtitles are half on the screen half off, so i makes it even more difficult to read.

I've got a few epipsode of Bleach and Death Note Downloaded there in Jap with subtitles, now I know thats how I should be watching them but its so much easier to sit down a chill without having to read. I was getting these from bleach-network.com and the quality was good. Is there any where that does them in english? It also doesn't help when streaming from my mac>360 becuase of my crappy TV the subtitles are half on the screen half off, so i makes it even more difficult to read.

How about you watch them on your computer? And if you've already gone through the trouble of aquiring the episodes and disregarding your social well-being, reading subtitles isn't that much of a problem. Finally, the general opinion is subs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dubs.

How about you watch them on your computer?

I could watch them on my laptop the only problem is it a crappy 14" screen and has crappy speakers. So by playing though my Xbox I can watch it on a bigger screen, lay on my bed and have audio coming from good speakers. So it would just be good if I could find some dubbed epipsodes?

There also doesn't seem to be that many DVD's of Bleach released.

Sanchez, I don't mind watching death note, I've found a link in this thread where to get them, any reason why I watch this before Bleach or Naruto? or even Naruto before bleach?

Because I watched bleach first and then I watched naruto much later and thought it was crap, I want to see what an untainted mind thinks in the other order.

Acquired Welcome to the NHK. I'm liking the intro, I'll watch it once I finish Gurren Lagann.

On another note, could someone recommend me some dark mature anime (like Monster) or comedy (Haruhi, Lucky Star,...)?

I heard Serial Experiments Lain is good in the dark and mature department, so that's one you don't have the recommend, I'm definitely checking that out at some point.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought a new TV today, it was quite surreal I knew I wanted it, though I didn't know I could afford it so I rushed down to ASDA and bought me a new 26" Panny. So I can now stream subbed videos from my Mac > 360.

I watched the first episode of Death Note, and it's already got me hooked all the time I was at work I was writing peoples names in a book. LOL not really. I was thinking about how it will pan out. I cant wait to watch the rest. I will start Bleach next. Theres far too much Anime out there (I'm only 36 Ep's to go, then a million bleach. Arghhhh its great)

I still love DBZ to bits but when I first posted that comment way back I'd only seen episode 1 of DN. However now I'm 12 epsidoes in and have a better view on it. I don't usually get this hooked on other mangas/ animes.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!