Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

OK...i'm interested in getting this film called 'Castle in the sky'...is it any good? (YES everyone screams...:D ).

Has it got a boy and a girl on the front cover? I don't want to get the wrong one you see...

Someone mentioned it in the latest ONM, i meant to get it a few months ago after watching 'Spirited Away' and that got me interested in those type of films.

Yes, I really enjoyed it. Most people seem to as well. Reminded me of Skies of Arcadia, although Castle came first by about 13 years.

Watch it!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I really enjoyed it. Most people seem to as well. Reminded me of Skies of Arcadia, although Castle came first by about 13 years.

Watch it!

Cool, i may treat myself to it then, if you say most people like it.

Is it emotional? I like things like that.

Can I ask...have they actually done this in the dubbed versions?

That's when he stabbed his hand wasnt it?

Lol, not exactly, someone made that a joke to make fun of how bad Jetix is. In fact in the Jetix cuts they just skipped the animation of that scene altogether and added words to other clips.

And if you want a real comparison for the all-time-low art of Shippuuden 16, try this:

Baby Naruto in "Naruto" episode 1:

Pic1.png

Baby Naruto short flash back in Shippuuden 16:

93851746yz8.jpg

(credit to catterix from NarutoFan forums for the caps...)

Now you do actually see some moments of great art in Shippuuden, most of episode 15 looked pretty great. Episode 12 was the first real highlight. Deidera escaping from the sand village with arrows exploding around him looked amazing, and of course that first 5-10 minutes of episode 1. But this episode, which was all just talking and running, they obviously decided to bring in their ultra low budget animation team x_x

I'm just hoping they're saving their best for the awesome upcoming fights :D

Guest Stefkov

Wow, that's pretty different. I should be up to Shipuuden in a couple weeks, maybe less.

Also about Castle in the Sky, do you mean Laputa and the castle in the sky, if so it's a really nice film. I don't remember much of it, I watched it when FilmFour were doing their Studio Ghibli season. Another film you should get if you were to like that is Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. really good film

ohwowjq6.jpg

The Uncut Version:

• Kamina, naturally, climbs over the wall to see the female side of the hot springs.
  • The enemies take Yoko and others hostage, put mosaic censorship on them, and tells Kamina to give up Gurren's pilot seat and they'll take off the censored mosaic.
  • To which Kamina immediately accepts.
  • Yoko gets furious for this, and the chaos ensues.

Wow, that's pretty different. I should be up to Shipuuden in a couple weeks, maybe less.

Also about Castle in the Sky, do you mean Laputa and the castle in the sky, if so it's a really nice film. I don't remember much of it, I watched it when FilmFour were doing their Studio Ghibli season. Another film you should get if you were to like that is Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. really good film

Ah cool, thanks.

Jesus christ, I can't get over this episode, it must be the pinnacle of shittiness.

At least 3 chiche's: wind blowing after sakura says "die", fade out and long shot of a disgusting scene at the end. Naruto pretending to be brave/above gaara possibly dying. Predicing in a few episodes that naruto will break: "WELL OF COURSE IM SCARED!"

A 30 second pause and single shots of characters after kankuro points out that garra is his brother.

More pointless shots of garra being sucked out

Chiyo spends 6 minutes explaining shit we already know to SAKURA, of all people, couldn't they do this while travelling?

The only real new information was that the old Kazekage maybe didn't die. Oh, and they also spoilt next weeks episode in the title.

Baby Naruto short flash back in Shippuuden 16:

93851746yz8.jpg

:laugh:

How the hell can someone draw like this? :laugh:

ALso, finally started to read Gantz, wow, talk about psycho.

Also, also, stop over analyzing and criticizing everything, someday you're reviewing real life. And, no I'm not defending Naruto, I'm talking about everything in general.

Also, any news if/when Kakashi Gaiden is going to air? Might read that bit in the manga.

Good news :D

Everything included in Rise of a Ninja is approved by Studio Pierrot, creators of the original animation series. Attention to detail extends to the inclusion of the original voice actors from the TV show, recognisable in every language… and that includes Japanese with subtitles for the purists!

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/Naruto-ninja-magic-on-Xbox-360-31052007.htm

So yeah there is now no excuse for anybody not to buy Naruto on the 360.

The only thing I don't like from what we've seen is that apparently you need to perform various seals to run up a tree... You should just be able to run up anything, very gradually draining chakra :D Also that Neji 64 palms looked a bit weird. Like anyone can dodge the 64 palm strike ^^

The only thing I don't like from what we've seen is that apparently you need to perform various seals to run up a tree... You should just be able to run up anything, very gradually draining chakra :D Also that Neji 64 palms looked a bit weird. Like anyone can dodge the 64 palm strike ^^

They have to implent in to the game, Neji would be so overpowered online if you couldn't dodge it and you wouldn't be able to use any chakra.

I think Ubisoft are doing an excellent job and I like how you use the control sticks to make seals, better than button bashing.

Don't see why not.

I suppose english is your first language.

Also, also, stop over analyzing and criticizing everything, someday you're reviewing real life.

Here as far as I can see you're saying that I shouldn't criticize anything because then i'll start reviewing how my life is going?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!