NEurope

New Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance Info:

new girl - Mari Illustrious Makinami

NL-EvaMari.jpeg

new name for Askua - Askua Langely Shikinami, continuing the Japanese maritime vessel naming convention.

Edited by Dante

Ugh why change the name. I liked the original.

TTGL first movie has been released! Yeah! Groups should be going through the usual process now. Can't wait.

Oh man, I can't wait for the shitstorm as soon as they release EVA 2.0.

Except Naruto, Bleach and Code Geass (Just to name some examples) are far more popular than One Piece in America.

Look where they are.

I dunno. I've always seen One Piece up there among the most popular animes on the internet.

As for Naruto and Bleach...beats me.

One plausible explanation I can think of is, voters gave their Top 10s, which implies the user must've seen a considerable amount of anime, and votes actually according to his tastes (people who just blindly vote for their favourite show rarely bother to come up with a Top 10).

Of course, just a theory.

Is this an official release or a fan made thing?

Fan-made. I highly doubt an official version would've been done that quickly.

Dragon Ball was/is insanely popular around here, but I don't think that's enough to break the laws of bureaucracy.

This might be of some interest to some of you:

Azumanga Daioh Manga's 3 New Chapters to Debut in May

The website of Shogakukan's new Monthly Shonen Sunday magazine has announced on Wednesday that Azumanga Daioh manga creator Kiyohiko Azuma will appear in the inaugural issue. The first issue will ship on May 12. Azuma's staff also revealed on his Yotsuba Studio website on Wednesday that he is creating 16 pages of new Azumanga Daioh art for each volume of the revamped 10th anniversary edition that will launch in Japan on June 11. Those three 16-page installments will first debut in Monthly Shonen Sunday magazine between May and July.

ADV Manga published the original manga in North America, while its ADV Films sibling released the anime adaptation. Yen Press has since picked up the rights to publish a new English-language edition, although Publishing Director Kurt Hassler indicated that his company is not releasing a version of Japan's 10th anniversary edition.

Link

Oh wow! I can't believe someone went went to the trouble of adapting the portuguese dub of DB to Kai. It's useless to me but kudos to him.

Impressed at the Azumanga Daioh thing too.

new name for Askua - Askua Langely Shikinami, continuing the Japanese maritime vessel naming convention.

That's been knows for a while and yeah, the purist shitstorms were huge. I don't know why.

They should be worried at this instead! Revealed in some magazine. It's EVA-05

figureoheva05.jpg

eva05revotech.jpg

Can someone tell me what in god's name is this contraption? They better have a very good justification for this. Does it fly?

Ugh why change the name. I liked the original.

TTGL first movie has been released! Yeah! Groups should be going through the usual process now. Can't wait.

I love how they started it off with the Lord Genome past from the Parallel Works.

Edited by Blue_Ninja0

Just watched the first five (of 12) episodes of Ga-Rei: Zero which about an organization that specializes in exorcising demons nothing really new but I decided to check it out.

The first 3 episodes are very confusing mostly because

In the first episode the "main" characters are killed and in the second episodes a new group of characters are introduced but the end of the second episode one of the person from that group is killed by someone they apparently know well

The third episode happens before the first two and is about the character killed at the end of episode and how she knows the person who killed her and that they are really good friends.

After seeing that I wasn´t sure if it was just a ballsy move or just confusing

I am enjoying this show but after the first two episodes I just know this will not have an happy ending.

EVA 05 >_>

Just watched the first five (of 12) episodes of Ga-Rei: Zero which about an organization that specializes in exorcising demons nothing really new but I decided to check it out.

The first 3 episodes are very confusing mostly because

In the first episode the "main" characters are killed and in the second episodes a new group of characters are introduced but the end of the second episode one of the person from that group is killed by someone they apparently know well

The third episode happens before the first two and is about the character killed at the end of episode and how she knows the person who killed her and that they are really good friends.

After seeing that I wasn´t sure if it was just a ballsy move or just confusing

I am enjoying this show but after the first two episodes I just know this will not have an happy ending.

Ga-Rei: Zero is set years before the awful manga starts.

So the manga is awful?

I was thinking about checking it out after watching this but if it´s bad I dunno.

So the manga is awful?

I was thinking about checking it out after watching this but if it´s bad I dunno.

You might like it but i cant give details on the manga without spoiling it for you.

36573043.jpg

Meh! It could be plagiarism suit agian for this:

98df6f0013a52da4e850cd0.jpgf5e8a2ec19b121f22e2e210.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Can someone tell me what in god's name is this contraption? They better have a very good justification for this. Does it fly?

I read a few days ago something about it having more stability with 4 legs. That maybe total bull though.Something from ANN:

"Kaiyodo's official website briefly listed the "new heroine Mari" as the pilot of the Evangelion Provisional Unit-05, but that information has since been removed."

I love how they started it off with the Lord Genome past from the Parallel Works.

I watched a little of the opening sequence and saw this. They've basically used the footage from the Parallel Works videos they made. I think it's the same song as well. I can't wait though, it should be done within a week or two... Hyper excited.

Also as well as the second TTGL movie airing tomorrow, the Eureka Seven movie is also airing in cinemas. If the theatre to DVD process takes the same amount of time. When they both come out that's gonna be a hell of a month.

Unbelievable. Hard Gay is still around. NSFW Japanese TV is just... wow.

I read a few days ago something about it having more stability with 4 legs. That maybe total bull though.Something from ANN:

"Kaiyodo's official website briefly listed the "new heroine Mari" as the pilot of the Evangelion Provisional Unit-05, but that information has since been removed."

I call BS. If they control the EVA directly with the nervous system that makes no sense. Our body only has 2 legs, how could a 2 legged brain control 4 legs and be more stable? Let's see what kind of justification they give us, if any. Looking at the arms, maybe it's just for the NERV lunar operations and not for combat purposes. That would explain the 4 turbines looking things in the legs. It could easily fly.

I watched a little of the opening sequence and saw this. They've basically used the footage from the Parallel Works videos they made. I think it's the same song as well. I can't wait though, it should be done within a week or two... Hyper excited.

Are you talking about the subs? They were out 2 days ago I think. Go get it.

Yes it's the same footage but not the same music. In the movie they awesomely play Libera-me from Hell, which does not happen in the Parallel Works.

From what I've seen the movie does not substitute the series, it's just like a very big recap with better animation. And I think the voices lack the force the ones in the series had. I'll watch it later.

The guy dropped the Hard Gay name? Bummer. He used to make some funny stuff.

Edited by Blue_Ninja0

The EVA Mantis is called Provisional Unit-5 (Its fastest EVA because it has wheels and can move in train tunnels.)

EVA-00 = Evangelion Prototype Unit-00 = Rei

EVA-01 = Evangelion Test Type Unit-01 = Shinji

EVA-02 = Evangelion Production Model-02 = Asuka

EVA-03 = Evangelion Production Model-03 = Touji

EVA-04 = Evangelion Next Gen Testbed-04 = Self destructed

EVA-05 = Evangelion Provisional Unit-05 = Mari

eva03.jpgeva06.jpgeva05.jpgeva04.jpg

6685-620x-1240124871785.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Are you talking about the subs? They were out 2 days ago I think. Go get it.

Yes it's the same footage but not the same music. In the movie they awesomely play Libera-me from Hell, which does not happen in the Parallel Works.

From what I've seen the movie does not substitute the series, it's just like a very big recap with better animation. And I think the voices lack the force the ones in the series had. I'll watch it later.

I'm waiting for a particular group to finish it, cos I know they're gonna be good.

I've known the movie is the same as the series since it was announced. They've just upped the animation and added in some extra parts. Like a fight between Yoko and Adiane. I'm still super hyped though, even more so after looking through the Movie Fanbook I bought.

^ Oh ok. Name of the subs please? Since I won't be watching it now anyway. Thanks.

EVA-05 = Evangelion Provisional Unit-05 = Kaoru

Kaworu!? Wasn't Mari piloting EVA-05 and Kaworu piloting EVA-06 that was coming down from the moon?

^ Oh ok. Name of the subs please? Since I won't be watching it now anyway. Thanks.

Kaworu!? Wasn't Mari piloting EVA-05 and Kaworu piloting EVA-06 that was coming down from the moon?

Yes Mari is piloting EVA-05. I have edit my post.

I dunno. I've always seen One Piece up there among the most popular animes on the internet.

As for Naruto and Bleach...beats me.

One plausible explanation I can think of is, voters gave their Top 10s, which implies the user must've seen a considerable amount of anime, and votes actually according to his tastes (people who just blindly vote for their favourite show rarely bother to come up with a Top 10).

Of course, just a theory.

One Piece is the most popular in Japan, and very close to Naruto in all Europe.

However, in America, he's been butchered by 4Kids, a little by Viz and hasn't been having many luck with the fans either.

There's no excuse, One Piece should've been about 60 in that top.

I'm glad the users actually saw it by quality, though :)

Its true about D Gray-Man!

Hoshino got caught plagiarizing a long time ago but the charges were dropped. However, now she once again got caught plagiarizing a character of Takeshi Obata and he's now seeking justice. Thus, Jump has announced, along with the hiatus, that re-serialization of the series will be undetermined.

That new eva unit is weird, surely they should be humanoid, if you know the story you know why....

Anco^2, the guys who do the GL manga and various other scanlations. Although is it alright to mention that...

Anco^2, the guys who do the GL manga and various other scanlations. Although is it alright to mention that...

Why not? The DVD is only distributed in Japan, for now.

The 2nd trailer of Evangelion 2.0 has been leaked!

It shows a lot of stuff. Too bad I can't figure anything out of such a low quality video.

It's very hard to see but it looks even more fluid than the 1st movie!

Let's see... We see the EVA-02 airdrop from Germany, EVA-01 fighting Bardiel, a stickfigure-like Angel (wtf?) and Asuka doing all kinds of nice moves showing her skill.

Discuss.

Let's see if any nice fella records it with a nicer camera. I'm hyped as hell, and we won't be able to see this movie for like 6 months or more. They should air it in the cinemas here. Evangelion is one of the best known series worldwide.

Gainax's new main site artwork

glm_023.jpg

New Azumanga in Gessan magazine

Azuma Kiyohiko will be doing three all new chapters for the new monthly magazine by Shogakukan called Gessan (short for Monthly Shounen Sunday). These new chapters will also be in the Shogakukan special re-release version of Azumanga which will be recompiled to 3 books instead of 4.

Satomi Hideki who is the director of Yotsuba Studios clarifies on their website that this move from MediaWorks to Shogakukan was not because of any disagreements with the publisher, and that it’s not strange to have a change in publisher when making recompilations. They actually discussed it with MediaWorks about it about 18 months ago before bringing the project to Shogakukan.

He’s clarifying all this because mangaka vs publisher news seems to be prevalent over the past one year, and he doesn’t want any weird rumours about it, and says that the editor in charge of Yotsubato! has already become an existence that they cannot do without when making Yotsubato! and the chief editor listens to them a lot when they want to discuss new projects and tries very hard to make these projects come true.

He also adds that the only problem that arose due to this is that they had to stop Yotsubato! because of the work needed for the recompilation of Azumanga.

Looking good there Nia. You look manlier than me.

How will they do the new chapters? They all graduated and Chiyo went to America. He probably will not look into timeframe details anyway.