NEurope

Who'd like to see the Union Flag redesigned as this?:

animeufnl0.gif

Or this?:

animeuf2uc1.gif

Or even this?:

animeuf3hr3.gif

These are from the Daily Telegraph's website. Some Japanese fellows have been kind enough to send them their ideas for a new Union Flag. As the Welsh have recently stated they'd like to be included on the flag.

There are some non-anime ones here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/30/nflag130.xml

Speaking of flags and anime it reminded me of this:

1157282901902ep4.jpg

Too bad Portugal didn't win the world cup.:indeed: Wouldn't mind seeing my flag there.

Is there any stereotype that says italians have grey hair?

Oh my shooting shit! :o

Is there any stereotype that says italians have grey hair?

I don't know of a stereotype, but when there are people like Claudio Ranieri, Fabrizio Ravanelli and Marcello Lippi, who all have grey hair, you believe it.

Did you know?: Two players on the Italy squad, Alessandro Del Piero and Francesco Totti, were both influenced in becoming footballers by the football anime Captain Tsubasa. Which also inspired Zinedine Zidane and Hidetoshi Nakata.

Nice little fun fact for ye there. :smile:

Uklaine?

I'm insulted.

I just started Prince of Tennis. Loving it so far.

Did you know?: Two players on the Italy squad, Alessandro Del Piero and Francesco Totti, were both influenced in becoming footballers by the football anime Captain Tsubasa. Which also inspired Zinedine Zidane and Hidetoshi Nakata.

Nice little fun fact for ye there. :smile:

Awesome! Didn't know about that. Too bad they can't do half the stunts the guys in Tsubasa did.

It also inspired Shaolin Soccer apparently.

Just want to say hour long Naruto 'Special' was really annoying. They had an hour, what did they do? The same jokes, boring try to bond scenes, only near the end did anything happen which should have really happened near the start so they could use the hour to get onto why they're going to the bridge in the first place. For the first time I'm quite annoyed at Naruto.

Shippuden is moving really slow though with not using as much manga as part 1. Plot wise, it isn't that far behind the manga at all, only a few arcs ahead.

I'll give the arc names below in a spoiler tag below so you can get an idea. I've named the arcs myself but if you read them you won't know much what happens but manga readers will understand it. Basically point is, manga is 2 arcs ahead of anime. Though anime has started a new arc.

Currently anime is at Sasuke/Orochimaru

Next is the Hidan/Kakuzo/Training Arc

Snake Team/'Infaltration' Arc where the manga currently is

Its really annoying me how slow the anime is actually going though, they could actually put some decent filler in so they don't need to do the same things and keep repeating things, remember the whole Garaa/Deidera fight?

It's a pain watching it at times, the last couple of episodes where going so swiftly aswell. If your getting annoyed with the anime, just read the manga, it's much better and the manga is at a great part just now.

I don't mind bonding episodes, in fact I always liked them, I loved them in DBZ too. Just as long as we don't get another "WE NEED TO GET STRONGER!" episode...

What I don't like is the over the top reactions, no body talks and acts like that!

What I don't like is the over the top reactions, no body talks and acts like that!

Welcome to the world of idealism, OTT reactions, powers and tentacles ->Anime/Manga

Oh, and overly voluptuous girls, but that's included in the idealism factor.

I don't see whats so ideal about it. Cheesy is good but in small quantities.

I don't see whats so ideal about it. Cheesy is good but in small quantities.

Portugal contains huge amounts on win, as demonstrated on these boards, we know everything and are always right.

I feel clever in that I know what the hiragana in Stefkov's name means without looking it up, and I know what anime character it's referring too :D I R LEARNING!

Just started watching Jojo´s Bizarre adventure. It´s one of those "So bad it´s great" especially in episode 3.... epic poker game

I feel clever in that I know what the hiragana in Stefkov's name means without looking it up, and I know what anime character it's referring too :D I R LEARNING!

So you've seen Prince of Tennis? What'd you think of it? I'm loving it so far. It has been the first anime that's made me smile every episode.

So I caught up on Higurashi... what I could understand of the RAW for episode 22 was fairly godly.

And I started School Days, seen the first two episodes so far. It's a little too cheesy for me at the moment, but I'm well aware that'll change. I really liked the way the logo shattered when the first episode opened.

Been watching loads of HunterXHunter. Started on Saturday and in the 40s now. Also been watching a load of D.Gray Man and I love it now along with Hayate no Gotoku.

Gonna start downloading Bleach now. Can't wait to see what happens after the fillers.

I've seen some screen shots of D.Gray man. I think I'll get that when my memory frees up.

The only anime that's ever sparked something, seriously...it's good and all but why do some people do it.

So you've seen Prince of Tennis? What'd you think of it? I'm loving it so far. It has been the first anime that's made me smile every episode.
I've only watched about 10-15 episodes, it's a bit repetitive so far (starts game, gets underestimated, wins, everyone's amazed) but yeah it's definitely enjoyable. I've got the whole lot just don't really have time for it right now.

Was reading up on Death Note on teh Wikis. I know several folk here like it, so whats it like?

It's amazing. You will like it I assure you. It get's addicting and immersive and one of the best animes out there and highly recommended.

Just don't read teh evil sp0il3rz on wiki.

Was reading up on Death Note on teh Wikis. I know several folk here like it, so whats it like?

It's... JUST WATCH/READ IT! You'll see. :awesome:

Perfect. .

Very good series but isn´t as good in the later parts of the series

Long story short, it's like this: lightisevillo9.png

Nevertheless, I prefer the manga to the anime.

By the way, has anybody noticed that Yagami backwards is Im a gay?