NEurope

Ah yes the OVA of the... Grand Fisher. (Or is it Ground Fisher, they never seem to be able to make up their minds. I suppose both would be appropriate). Well that was just a kinda retelling of part of the story, sans a bit of plot and plus a bit of nice animation and blood and stuff, which aired at... er... Jumpfest, maybe? OK, I'll give you half a point.

New Naruto in 1-x hours =o looking forward to teh Sai developments.

Naruto question

So i've just finished episode 135. As far as I am aware the fillers start now. My question is should I skip the fillers and jump straight to Chuppinden? (or however the bloody hell it is spelt) All I here about the fillers is that they're crap. What do you think?

Naruto question

So i've just finished episode 135. As far as I am aware the fillers start now. My question is should I skip the fillers and jump straight to Chuppinden? (or however the bloody hell it is spelt) All I here about the fillers is that they're crap. What do you think?

May aswell watch the last few episodes since that's when it officially ends sort of thing.

Don't bother with the fillers, not worth your time.

P.S It's Shippuden

Gurren Lagann: The Heroine's Tragedy was "intended to be a happy ending" - Director Hiroyuki Imaishi Tells All

The popular anime "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann" created by Gainax, known for "Neon Genesis Evangelion." From the royal road of robot anime, a series of dizzying developments unfold, such as the abrupt exit of a popular character, the fall of the protagonist, and the heroine's tragedy. To find out how such a "heavy" story came to be born, we asked Director Hiroyuki Imaishi to reveal to us the inside story behind the production.

--How did you feel about directing a robot anime?

Imaishi: Personally, it is my favorite genre, and since I started working with anime I wanted to do it at least once, so I was very into it.

--There is a surprising lack of robots with drills among mecha that have leading roles.

Imaishi: Yes, there wasn't anyone who used drills seriously to that extent yet (laugh). Drills that appear in robot anime have a weak sense of realism, and it's hard to use them in a realistic way, so they haven't been used very much. That's why, contrary to that, I thought I'd put them in the center of the story, and deliberately use a style that doesn't have much realism.

--Why did you appoint Kazuki Nakajima-san to write the script?

Imaishi: Before, we'd both worked on "Re: Cutey Honey" together, so I was thinking that no one other than Nakajima-san could do the script. Nakajima-san and I have extremely close tastes, so I thought I'd leave it to him.

--Specifically, where do your tastes match?

Imaishi: Development that is quick and crammed full of material, and hotheadedness (laugh).

--It's amazing how he condensed so much material into Episode 27.

Imaishi: There were also parts that I forced in (laugh). But, I think that there's no one else out there who could come up with something in such a form.

--In Episode 1, they came up to the surface all of a sudden.

Imaishi: When we were creating the setting, everyone was talking about what kind of lives they had underground, what kind of animals they had.....they kept thinking about all those things. But that's only going to appear in half an episode (laugh).

--It was also surprising how quickly Kamina made his "exit."

Imaishi: It was a realistic problem; as long as that character was around, Simon couldn't become the main character. If we're going to depict Simon's growth or "biography," Aniki really had to be gone.

--About the structure of all four arcs, which part is your favorite?

Imaishi: I wanted to do the 3rd arc the most. Because for the 1st and 2nd arcs, it's obvious that with this much staff, we could make it interesting. But whether I'd properly be able to depict the universal drama of "once a person has accomplished something, what will he do after that?" became a big theme for me personally.

--The climax "broke through the heavens," and it finished nicely.

Imaishi: It was thanks to Nakajima-san having finished writing it such a long time ago. Because the script was done, we knew just how difficult it would be in the future, and were able to be prepared.

--Was the heroine Nia's tragedy at the end planned early too?

Imaishi: I think it was quite early. It is a tragedy, but none of the characters have any regrets remaining, and accept it with their own will. So I created it intending it to be a happy ending.

scan0092.jpg

The Beastmen who rule over the surface, all are manufactured(created automatically) from the Capital Teppelin. In order to create new Beastmen, Lord Genome has performed many various experiments. Beastmen who possess near human intelligence are given leadership positions while Beastmen who are termed as "failures" were kept underground.

As the Capital is standing upon the corpses of Beastmen, it came to be known as the City of Death.

Below is the translation under the picture with the yellow bright things.

Each and every capsule of light is the incubator of a Beastman.

And here's the translation of the bottom text.

These are the experimental bodies of failed Beastmen. Including beastmen created from the fusion of several animals, beastmen created by transforming animals to mimic humanity, etc

You do need to watch a few fillers and the very end of them because a bit of canon material is thrown in at the beginning, which is cleared up by about ep 145 I think. Plus the 'official' ending to Part 1. I answered this question so many times that I used to know all the episodes worth watching by heart, but it's been a while :heh:

Shit I'm tired that grammar was awful.

Damn im out of sync. Started watching Bleach 148 and the start I hadnt seen before, I havn't seen 147. Ach.

Latest Naruto, the one just gone, was alright. Loved the animation for the ink lion things.

Noein is getting confuuusing.

Noein is getting confuuusing.

What episode you on? Want me to get an ambulance on standby?

I finished it. Finally an anime with a good ending. A great anime and would reccomend it to anyone wanting to be confused/amazed by science.

Bleach is back to the manga story with the end of episode 149, although personally I didn't mind that much since I found that last filler arc to be a fair length, nicely paced and probably one of the best filler stories for a while :) Still, I'm definitely looking forward to the 'real' thing.

So long Ashido :'( particularly awesome filler character™. maybe we'll see you again some day

Bleach is back to the manga story with the end of episode 149, although personally I didn't mind that much since I found that last filler arc to be a fair length, nicely paced and probably one of the best filler stories for a while :) Still, I'm definitely looking forward to the 'real' thing.

So long Ashido :'( particularly awesome filler characterâ„¢. maybe we'll see you again some day

Agreed, decent episode that. The fun begins now. When Bleach is good it's better then anything else.

I started watching Monster probably at the beginning of this year. After a while the story got boring and I stopped watching about episode 18. If you keep watching beyond that tell me so I can finish it off. Although I was kind of put off by how many episodes there were. I normally stick to short series 24-30 eps.

I started watching Monster probably at the beginning of this year. After a while the story got boring and I stopped watching about episode 18. If you keep watching beyond that tell me so I can finish it off. Although I was kind of put off by how many episodes there were. I normally stick to short series 24-30 eps.

That's more or less where I got bored of it as well, I watched it because there was quite a bit of fanbase for it, but no, found it generic and boring.

That's more or less where I got bored of it as well, I watched it because there was quite a bit of fanbase for it, but no, found it generic and boring.

Generic? Monster?

I didn't watch the anime, just read the manga, but I COMPLETLY disagree.

Generic? Monster?

I liked it but it is definitely generic.

The real setting, the fact that nothing supernatural truly ever presents itself (we are led to believe Johann is almost superhuman but it's never directly shown) and the fact it's very slow paced. That and genuinely interesting characters are far and few between.

Generic? Monster?

Ok, fair enough but this was the thought process in my head:

Ok, doctor who's doing well, has everything going, but is dealing with some mental issues that come with that.

BOSS AND OTHER CHARACTERS ARE EVIL

Long search for revenge with nothing interesting going on.

I've finally sat down and watched Air Gear after however long it's been in my possession.

Really good, only 10 episodes left now though.

Jeez, just general reading of wikipedia on Air Gear spoils the remaining 10 episodes for me. Never reading the content of Wikipedia again then...damnit

Bleach. Next week, finally, after too much waiting, the fun begins. Not a bad episode (well the first half was crap). I don't understand why they need so many fillers. As far as I understand fillers are there to give the manga time to get ahead. But the manga (I think) is over 300 and the anime is at 150. So surely they could take do an edition of the manga every week for nearly three years. Anyway Orihime is becoming interesting, as is Aizen (again). Can't wait till next week.

Ya as usual Bleach is a mix of awesome action episodes, and episodes that make you think "next week there's going to be an awesome action episode!"

I've finally sat down and watched Air Gear after however long it's been in my possession.

Really good, only 10 episodes left now though.

Jeez, just general reading of wikipedia on Air Gear spoils the remaining 10 episodes for me. Never reading the content of Wikipedia again then...damnit

manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime

Only the last few episodes are minimally good

Would have thought so. I guess that's another on my list to get.

New Bleach has made me think Orihime actually has good powers, not just healing. I like.

Ok, so on the Bleach topic... I haven't watched anything since it got into filler around 128 or so. Where does the filler end so I can start watching it?