NEurope

DMC is up to about 71 chapters now. Each and every chapter has a swear word in it. Love it.

I am upto chapter 72 - Documentry. :D

DMC's manga has the story from the anime and continues ahead, right? What scanlation group do you guys use?

Yeah, if I remember rightly the anime is just the very beginning of the manga.

group = scum-scans.

Eden of the East is proving to be the best show this season. I recommend that everyone watch it.

Right I'm fully up to date on One Piece manga now. Man there were a lot of chapters.

Were do you read them? Could you pleaaase tell me, assuming you read them online :p

http://www.onemanga.com

They have everything. Pretty sweet site. I've taken up to reading quite a few on that website because its displayed so easily and conveniently.

This site is amazing. :bowdown: Why didn't I know about this earlier -.-''

Well, thanks :)

onemanga is a really good website. I really need to get around to just reading some manga. There are a few I want to read but I just never sit down and do so.

Anyone seen the trailer for the new film made by the same guys who did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

Animation looks fantastic, so many bright colours and it sounds like it has a great plot. I can't wait to watch it.

Yeah, it does look pretty good. But I haven't got much of a clue about what's happening.

Somebody get Grunch, he might know. :hmm:

From what I read, some guy gets invited to a summer house, and what seemed like a normal holiday turns into a race against time to save the world.

Can't remember where I read that though.

Right I'm fully up to date on One Piece manga now. Man there were a lot of chapters.

Great :D

What was your favorite arc? (Curious to see if you have the same opinion as me :P)

I like it a lot, deeper than bleach thats for sure. Not sure if its my favourite though, hard to decide. My favourite arc was probably Enies Lobby? Or maybe the fight against God. That was pretty good.

Eden of the East is now finished, but 2 films are being made to carry on the story.

Definitely one of my favourite shows of this season and overall in the anime I've seen.

I urge people to watch it if they weren't watching it.

Just Pre-ordered the next Dragon ball Kai cd thats out next week. Also Dvd's and action figures of the series are coming in the next few months in japan.

Haruhi Suzumiya - Endless Eight has aired! :)

Haruhi Suzumiya Broadcasting order:

Apr 02 ep01 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1

Apr 09 ep02 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2

Apr 16 ep03 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 3

Apr 23 ep04 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 4

Apr 30 ep05 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 5

May 07 ep06 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 6

May 14 ep07 The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya

May 21 ep08 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (NEW)

May 28 ep09 Mysterique Sign

Jun 04 ep10 Remote Island Syndrome Part1

Jun 11 ep11 Remote Island Syndrome Part2

Jun 18 ep12 Endless Eight (NEW)

Jun 25 ep13 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 (NEW)

Jul 02 ep14 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 (NEW)

Jul 09 ep15 The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya 3 (NEW)

Jul 16 ep16 The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Episode 00

Jul 23 ep17 Live A Live

Jul 30 ep18 The Day of Sagittarius

Aug 07 ep19 Someday in the rain

Aug 14 ep20 The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 (NEW)

Aug 21 ep21 The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 (NEW)

Aug 28 ep22 The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 3 (NEW)

Sep 03 ep23 The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 4 (NEW)

Sep 10 ep24 Charmed at First Sight Lover (NEW)

Sep 17 ep25 Snow Mountain Syndrome Part1 (NEW)

Sep 24 ep26 Snow Mountain Syndrome Part2 (NEW)

Oct 01 ep27 Where Did the Cat Go? (NEW)

Oct 08 ep28 Disappearance Epilogue (NEW)

I heard that the first episode sucked.

I have yet to see the first series :(

Anyone seen the trailer for the new film made by the same guys who did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

Animation looks fantastic, so many bright colours and it sounds like it has a great plot. I can't wait to watch it.

That looks absolutely stunning. Girl Who Leapt is one of my favourite animes of all time... tell me more about this one!! When's it due out? Plot? Can't find much on the ol' web

As much as I am liking the new FMA series there is one thing that is annoying me... a lot.

The overuse of this whole "GIANT HEAD SCREAMING SILLY FUNNY"

Type of scenes that seem to appear several times in every episodes.

It completely kills the mood, especially when something serious has happened/been discussed.

But still I think it´s been very good.

Yeah I hate that aswell. All the humour of it is frankly retarded so far and really ruining it. Just stick to the manga Bones...

I've been saying the same thing since it began. I'm not sure how to describe it but I've been calling it cartoony/chibiness. It's been in every episode now and it's really annoying.

I noticed in episode 12 though, during the very serious moments they've done a really good job.

With the latest Greed in the manga I've totally forgotten about the old Greed and the story that involved him we're gonna see next. Should be good.

I wanna see Lin dammit :heh:

Love that guy.

And yeah, been saying saying that from the start. I really wish they would stop it.

I heard that the first episode sucked.

I have yet to see the first series :(

I thought it was great.

Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance spoilers!

Source -

ok, i'll use spoiler tags so people can use their own discretion. fyi, my japanese is pretty bad so when they go into eva mythology talk, i was pretty lost.

- opens with an angel attack in the u.s. the 7th angel (remember, sachiel was the 4th angel in eva 1.0 so after the 3 in that movie, it's up to 7) (new design, maybe a new take on sandalphon). kaji is at u.s. nerv and takes his leave with adam embryo. the angel is defeated by eva-05 piloted by the new pilot, mari makinami, but eva-05 is destroyed in the process.

- shift over to japan and shinj and gendo are at yui's grave. the scene is pretty similar to the tv series. shinji and gendo part ways and misato drives shinji back to tokyo-3...at which point the 8th angel attacks. 8th angel looks like a redesign of matariel as it has the basic four legged spider-ish look but there's a lot more floating elements to it. shinji's not around unit-01 to save the day but, as it turns out, asuka is flown in to take care of business. she takes care of the angel single handedly (rei doesn't show up in unit-00 until after the fight) so that's 2 angels down in the first 20 minutes.

- time for some non-action stuff. the early shinji/asuka interactions are pretty similar to the tv series but they're not quite as antagonistic (lots of baka shinji, though). she also has a hand puppet called asuka that she talks to when she's in her room at night. fan service moment where asuka discovers pen-pen in the bathroom that plays out like the shinji/pen-pen scene (i.e. she runs out nude to misato who's sitting in the kitchen, misato lifts up the beer can that's blocking the view of asuka's boobs but there's a soda behind the beer with a straw that conveniently covers asuka's nipples).

there's some time shinji and his classmates visiting a blue water sanctuary/aquarium (remember most of the world's water is red). pen-pen tags along and gets some more screen time. back at school, mari parachutes in on shinji as he's listening to music alone on the roof. apparently she's been ordered to enter japan covertly (fyi, mari/maaya sakamoto's english is okay but still quite japanese...of course it's still way better than kaji/koichi yamadera's)

- gendo and fuyutsuki take a trip to the moon (instead of antarctica) and are recovering the lance of longinus. kaoru is watching from a distance sitting on an eva. he mentions that it's been awhile since he saw his father (to gendo).

- back on earth...and space, too, i guess, the 9th angel appears. this would be sahaquiel, although the classic design doesn't show until it falls and shinji "catches" it. this battle starts out similar to the tv series but the finish isn't quite as clean. sahaquiel sprouts a head and arms after shinji intercepts it and it grapples with unit-01 so the sequence plays out more like a fight. rei and asuka show up and rei uses her hands to open up the angel's at-field. unit-00 takes some damage as asuka struggles to kill the angel but eventually manages to stabs its core. shinji gets praised and asuka is a bit depressed.

- back to non-combat stuff...nothing too drastically different although asuka and shinji get on better terms quicker (well, i guess its not all that different since everything in the movies is moving quicker). rei isn't around school much as the dummy plug system is being worked on. eva-04 is destroyed off screen (like the tv series...was really hoping they'd show a picture of it but no luck). as a result, eva-03 is on its way. some scenes with toji that seem to suggest more following of the tv series. asuka and unit-02 are designated as back-up status (you can guess how asuka reacts). meanwhile, mari is nowhere to be seen.

- eva-03 arrives and nerv gets ready to test it. however, in a big change, asuka manages to get herself into the test pilot role for unit-03. as expected, its corrupted and becomes the 10th angel. the fight with shinji plays out about the same (no rei, though, and the angel sprouts an extra pair of arms when strangling unit-01) so shinji refuses to fight and the dummy plug takes over to pummel the angel. the dismembering is a bit more graphic and dummy plugged unit-01 takes unit-03's entry plug into its mouth and bites down (rather than picking it up and squeezing). they don't show asuka getting pulled out of the plug.

- they don't show shinji's rampage but there are some fires and he makes it to the top of nerv hq. he stomps down on the tip of the pyramid a couple times before gendo finally increases the lcl pressure to knock shinji out. the "train conversation" sequence and subsequent discharge from nerv play out fairly similarly. rei notices shinji's music player tossed in the trash, though, and takes it. shinji is on the train leaving tokyo-3 when the 11th angel attacks.

- the 11th angel is fairly similar to zeruel's design, it's lower body size changes but the head and core is very similar. it's arms can wrap around itself to serve as a protective shell. it makes quick work of nerv defenses but unit-02 is launched to intercept with mari as the pilot...that's why she's around. she shoots at the angel to no avail (fairly similar to asuka in the tv series) and eventually gets into hand-to-hand combat. the angel smacks unit-02 around and mari decides to unleash 'beast mode' where unit-02 basically goes berserker (eyes light up, restraining plugs all over its body are released, mouth opens with lots of pointy teeth). i wondered if mari might actually win but nope, the angel takes off unit-02's arm (only one as opposed to 2 in the tv series). rei shows up now with a large n2 missile (she's also got shinji's music player with her in the entry plug). she ties to jam it through the at-field with mari's help but the angel covers its core in time.

- rei throws unit-02 aside so it doesn't get hit too bad by the n2 blast but unit-00 is badly damaged (if it comes back in the 3rd movie, this could be the chance to give it the blue look). the angel beats up unit-02 a bit more and throws it into the shelter that shinji made his way to. mari picks up shinji and shows him the devastation. shinji manages to witness the angel decapitate unit-00 and take in rei. its body transforms into a woman with the angel's head/arms.

- yup, it's time for shinji to use his usain bolt-like speed and sprint back to nerv hq through the carnage before the angel kills everyone. yes, shinji, you are unit-01's pilot...now go save the day. the fight plays out pretty similar to the tv series where shinji breaks to save misato and company as the angel stares them down. the angel takes off unit-01's arm, gendo gets his bloodbath, and misato launches shinji+angel up. unit-01 runs out of power but it doesn't take as much desperation from shinji to start back up. instead of his mother coming to shinji, shinji's desire to save rei is the impetus for unit-01's reawakening. unit-01 develops a halo (ring over its head) and regenerates its arm on its own (not from a piece of the angel as it did in the tv series). shinji kicks the angels ass, reaches into its core and tries to pull out rei.

- shinji and rei reunite but the pulling/merging with the angel (who had fused with rei) is starting a strange event. unit-01 and the angel corpse are floating and debris is floating in circles around the two as a vortex forms overhead. misato is having flashbacks and it looks like third impact has begun. oops...guess it's not good for all those angels and clones and evas to merge like that. roll credits

after the credits (with a nice new remix of beautiful world), we return to the scene of 3rd impact beginning when a lance of longinus comes down from the sky and pierces unit-01 which seems to halt armageddon (that's what's on the picture of the book, unit-01 pierced by lance of longinus). kaoru has arrived in his eva to join the fun, the end...but of course there's the preview for the next episode (Q). i didn't pick out anything too noteworthy except asuka is shown with an eye-patch so it looks like she survived after all).

whew...that's a lot. i'll probably catch another show before i leave japan to see if i can pick out anything more. i hope they can finish up the 3rd movie a little quicker this time. i might have to arrange to be in japan when it comes out, though, otherwise the wait will be even worse.

The last two films are

Evangelion: 3.0 - Quickening

Evangelion: 4.0 - ?

Edited by Dante