NEurope

I thought this death note was really good, sad that the other death god might not appear again.

I thought this death note was really good, sad that the other death god might not appear again.

Are you talking about the giant walking corncob?

Are you talking about the giant walking corncob?

That one. Although in animation it looks rather nice, specially when flying.

• Shidoh constantly looking for his DN in the Shinigami Realm.
  • The US President getting blackmail by Mello and later commit suicide.
  • Alot of Mello's talking.
  • Alot of Shidoh's talking with Mello.
  • One of the gang members of Mello called Kal Snydar perform the 'eye trade' with Shidoh.
  • Shidoh helps Kal by removing the masks of people that tried to take over the mafia hq.
  • Lights plan was to have Matsuda to do the eye trade deal instead of his father.

Just watched ep 29 of DN. Awesome.

Anyone else watching Hayate? It's really funny, stupid funny.

• Shidoh constantly looking for his DN in the Shinigami Realm.
  • The US President getting blackmail by Mello and later commit suicide.
  • Alot of Mello's talking.
  • Alot of Shidoh's talking with Mello.
  • One of the gang members of Mello called Kal Snydar perform the 'eye trade' with Shidoh.
  • Shidoh helps Kal by removing the masks of people that tried to take over the mafia hq.
  • Lights plan was to have Matsuda to do the eye trade deal instead of his father.

Wasn't that most of the plot of book 8?

I'm watching it, it's reallt funny.

Shippuuden 12 is good :D It's all getting exciting now ^^ Not a lot happened, but next episode looks to be killer. And the art is very nice, everyone looks how they should (with the exception maybe of Tenten in a couple of shots).

Next week's Bleach and Naruto are going to be so good.

It wasn't that great, not much happened really. lol

It looks like next episode will be good though. =P

Oh btw, although it's not anime, people should watch IWGP (Ikebukuro West Gate Park) which is based on the manga of the same name... It's a really good drama about a guy from Ikebukuro with a whole load of gang/yakuza stuff going on around him, he starts solving peoples problems etc.... I really do recommend it for people to watch, just as much as Densha Otoko, but, for different reasons. =P

One big reason I found it really interesting from the start is it's set in the very area I stayed in when I was in Tokyo. Like the main place shown is about 2 mins from where my hotel was. That was pretty cool. lol

Oh and those who have watched GTO will recognise quite a few people.. Guy who was good with computers plays the leader of one of the gangs for example and I have to say he does an awesome job. ^^d

If you're interested here's a link to a website that has it hosted on megauploads so you'll get good speeds downloading it if that's a worry.... Infact it's an awesome website for Japanese films/dramas (as well as other asian countries) in general.

http://silentregrets.com/completed-jdramas/iwgp.php

I put this in here because I figured anime fans would be interested in it, but, I don't expect there to be enough interest in dramas to make a seperate thread....

I'm watching hayate it is pretty random but very funny.

Preordered Solid State Society on Play even though I've already seen the fansubbed version. Awesome film.

lol you guys are always so eager to watch the best parts that you can't enjoy anything. Your problem I guess :P

Just watched Nartuo movie 3, filler material obviously, but it has some pretty cool action scenes.

Just watched Nartuo movie 3, filler material obviously, but it has some pretty cool action scenes.

I'd say about 10% of it had anything to do with ninjas.

Preordered Solid State Society on Play even though I've already seen the fansubbed version. Awesome film.

Is SSS a follow on from 2nd Gig? I haven't got round to watching that yet but at £29.99 it's tempting. Thats the slimback edition isn't it though, It must be at that price.

lol you guys are always so eager to watch the best parts that you can't enjoy anything. Your problem I guess :P
Pfft, you're blinded by irrational Naruto bias. It's my favourite anime too, but the episodes just aren't very exciting lately.
I'd say about 10% of it had anything to do with ninjas.
Haha, about 0.5% of all Naruto has anything to do with ninjas. When's the last time Naruto put on an all black costume, snuck into an enemy's home, slit his throat in the night and stole secret documents?

Haha, about 0.5% of all Naruto has anything to do with ninjas. When's the last time Naruto put on an all black costume, snuck into an enemy's home, slit his throat in the night and stole secret documents?

So what is Naruto about then? (I honestly don't know)

Naruto would scream "Sasuke 'tebayo " if he got the documents which would alert security.

It actually has to be a verb stem before " 'tte bayo" to make sense :heh: [/picky]

So what is Naruto about then? (I honestly don't know)
People who can do super powered chakra based abilities, protecting their villages from bad guys and saving their friends. The only really ninja thing about them is the kunai and shuriken they use.... I love Naruto and in their world am happy to consider them "ninja", but if you think of real-world ninja, there's not much comparison :heh: I mean, Naruto wears bright orange for starters ^^

Hmm... I always assumed the orange was some kind of reference to the orange robes that buddhist monks often seem to wear.

So what exactly are these chakra abilities?

Repharsed. In the face.

I'd say about 10% of it had anything to do with people who can do super powered chakra based abilities, protecting their villages from bad guys and saving their friends.

Hmm... I always assumed the orange was some kind of reference to the orange robes that buddhist monks often seem to wear.

You and your quirky animes. Just watch the damn thing.

Chakra is like... energy inside you. Naruto-world ninja use chakra in 2 main ways from what I remember/can theorise.

1. focusing chakra in a certain part of the body or directly releasing chakra out their their 'tenketsu' (chakra holes) can make them do all kinds of things, hit harder, climb things, run faster, jump higher. One true genius ninja, Neji, and his clan are even good enough to use it to deflect weapons.

2. ninja mix chakra and spirit power in their bodies and by performing certain hand seals can let it out in a special technique such as a fireball or water dragon. or even to summon animals, or for medical techniques - etc etc

You really should check it out. I don't really see why you haven't... maybe you don't like big/commercial anime? Don't let that keep you from seeing an excellent series :)