N-Europe

I watched the first episode of Haruhi and I just didn't get it. It just seemed ridiculous and in a bad way.

Ah, judging by what the others have been saying, you mean the broadcasted first episode? Whoops on your behalf.

I sorta did that, too. But then I stopped it 'bout 5mins in to look it up and found what was the chronological 1st episode. Watched that instead, and when it came to watching the broadcasted 1st episode, I was going "Oh!"

Speaking of Haruhi, here is Haruski :o

haruskiqu3.jpg

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor did I, I still thought the broadcast order was insanely better then the chronological order.

Had I watched it in broadcast order, I would have had less of an idea about what was going on.

It may have all come together at the end, but fuck trying to piece it all together watching it in broadcast order, when I could've simply watched it chronologically.

Haruhi is based on a series of light novels, not on a manga, though there's a manga now.

That aside, KyoAni broadcasted it in a crazy order for a reason... if you got confused, it was because they wanted you to be confused. Watching Haruhi in a sane order is like cutting up Memento and watching it chronologically. I knew nothing about the show and watched it in broadcast order.

Will do. Moving on, I know masses of people who all agree that there should be a second season to BECK, any verdicts on that BECK viewers??

Well I want a 2nd season, but it would VERY hard to keep the music quality, specially that from where the show left off they'll have lots of new songs and other good bands appearing, so it wouldn't be easy.

The wonderful thing about gurren lagann is that it starts more as less about as low as it gets, then it rapidly escalates until every episode it goes way beyond what you thought feasible, progressivly getting more epic as it goes a long. Obviously not meant to be taken seriously (and it knows that) and extremely enjoyable to watch.

The wonderful thing about gurren lagann is that it starts more as less about as low as it gets, then it rapidly escalates until every episode it goes way beyond what you thought feasible, progressivly getting more epic as it goes a long. Obviously not meant to be taken seriously (and it knows that) and extremely enjoyable to watch.

Excellent summary.

You can take it somewhat seriously though, the show is about makind's traits: evolution, will power and ability to adapt. Just add steroids to that. That part at the beggining is all sorts of awesome

it shows how Simon would have become if he took the wrong path with his power, basically giving reason to the anti-spirals.

You can take it somewhat seriously though, the show is about makind's traits: evolution, will power and ability to adapt. Just add steroids to that. That part at the beggining is all sorts of awesome
it shows how Simon would have become if he took the wrong path with his power, basically giving reason to the anti-spirals.

I really need to watch this yet again. Probably my fave anime along with Hajime No Ippo. Can't decide yet.

I thought the whole BURNING PASSION thing was a parody of over enthusiastic characters in other animes.

Interesting, I forgot about the short bit in the first episode, at the time I assumed it was a prologue of what happened many years ago and it led to him finding Guerren while digging.

I thought the whole BURNING PASSION thing was a parody of over enthusiastic characters in other animes.

Interesting, I forgot about the short bit in the first episode, at the time I assumed it was a prologue of what happened many years ago and it led to him finding Guerren while digging.

That's a cheeky sig Sanchez. Spotted it quite a few times in the last hour. Anyways, this show has probably the biggest shock ever for me. Still can't watch certain episodes...:blank:

Well I want a 2nd season, but it would VERY hard to keep the music quality, specially that from where the show left off they'll have lots of new songs and other good bands appearing, so it wouldn't be easy.

Yeah that's true, maybe a second season wouldn't be wise because it would kill the flair of the series and ruin the formula of it. Anyway I'm just starting to watch Gurren Lagann today, and will start Mushishi later on, anybody seen Mushishi before??

You can view it as you want, I view it as both, that's the beauty of it :P

and will start Mushishi later on, anybody seen Mushishi before??

I have, it's very, very good, one of my fave anime, great concepts, very relaxed, awesome soundtrack and although it's mostly episodic, it's addictive.

Yeah I agree, but I cant believe it took this long to get anywhere. Even once Kishin was revived, there was still little to the plot other than a typical Shonen title which saw you chase around this evil entity, but the insanity convention is an absolutely brilliant idea. I have a feeling its affected Black Star too, as it was suprising that he's been out dueling without Tsubaki (so he's been fighting with just his fists, but for what purpose?).

All I can say is, I hope Shinigami sama has indeed got a sinister past like suggested with the demon tools.

Shinigami was with eibon... and was at the epicenter of the brew explosion, so yeh, somethings up ;)

As for black star, it happened after his rematch with mifune, he won against him the first time and got beat bad this time, so he's sorta, gone mad with training, it's most likely something to do with Tsubaki being a demon tool i think something big will happen when he masters black sword.

Black blood carriers

Chrona (duh ^^, plus medusa coming back was AWESOME)

Maka and Soul

Black Star and Tsubaki?

Insanity levels

Stein

Black star?

Soul?

Chrona

I love soul eater, regardless of how long the plot takes to kick in.