Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I have just watched an episode of Naruto on youtube...now I want to get the series!

Hehe, you'll love it.

Wich episode was it? There are great episodes and really bad episodes. It's an unstable series.

In addition to the television series and movies, there is also a brilliant manga series currently in serialisation in Japan and being released in the West by Viz. Whilst the manga diverts from the series storyline and waters down a lot of the philosophy shown, it provides a fantastic alternative take on the events that occured in the Evangelion anime and stands beside it as a fine companion piece. A bonus with the manga is a more consistent level of artwork by renowned artist, and original Evangelion character designer, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.

I'm going to read that and Girlfriend of Steel, or whatever it is called.

EDIT: LOL @ the Calza's Naruto picture.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GF of steel... wasn't that the Eva dating sim? :heh:

Yeah, the original was more a storybook thing, but the sequel for the PS2 was a fully fledged dating sim. Never played them, seeing as they look a bit crap.

A manga story based on Girlfriend of Steel 2 is being released by ADV under the title "Angellic Days" or something. From what I've read, it's a fun take on the characters.

I watch Naruto on Jetix and i think its amazing even with all the cuts, it gives you chance to focus on the storyline, as thats the only thing that isnt cut basically. Some episodes are so butchered down that they can be 17 miniutes long, a programme that is meant to take up a half hour slot finished ten miniutes early.

Cant wait for the Local DVD release.

Naruto isn't really all that great, it's basically the new DBZ. But no Naruto fan would ever admit that.

Yeah exactly, the problem is, u go to an anime con or something, like london expo, and 90% of everyone there have naruto headbands. And people go onnnn and onnn about it.

its too mainstream IMO

The stupidest reason to dislike something, ever.

I think Naruto can be damn amazing, the animation and fight scenes are great, the story is moving and all the characters unique and interesting. The only problems are of course the fillers, that not only bore you to tears, but even ruin some of your favourite characters by taking away their sincerity - and the flashbacks. So many of the first 100 eps were cut short by showing 5-10 minutes of what happened in the episode before and that makes it drag.

That said I find the fight scenes really great, and I could never stand DBZ, I don't see the similarities really, only on a very superficial level. I see it as... Ninja Scroll (less gore) meets Final Fantasy :heh: Personally I can never see disliking something because of the current fanbase, enjoy things regardless of their popularity for the sake of experiencing something that makes you happy - you only live once etc. etc..

I watch Naruto on Jetix and i think its amazing

No, no, no. Find the American version at least. It's dubbed but at least it's not cut to ribbons. If you think the cut one is good, you'd love the original (I'm assuming you haven't watched the original). Even the small things like the lines they skip out not only take away the feel but they even screw up parts of the story. Jetix are butchering Naruto, go for cartoon network or ideally, fansubs.

Did somebody say Ghost In The Shell?

Link WOOT OMFG

Thats going on my christmas list.

Wow, that comes out on my birthday ^^ *pre-orders*

Oh and Dante last I heard about the new gits movie is Sept 1 2006 ppv premiere in japan and dvd sometime in november, I think.

I just watched the first Naruto movie.. I was disappointed. Just watched 100 episodes of the series, and this has nothing to do with it really.

Reminded me of the Pokémon movies (poor analogy, note I don't watch much anime), the story never had anything to do with the series, and were never mentioned in the series.

I just watched the first Naruto movie.. I was disappointed. Just watched 100 episodes of the series, and this has nothing to do with it really.

Reminded me of the Pokémon movies (poor analogy, note I don't watch much anime), the story never had anything to do with the series, and were never mentioned in the series.

The first pokemon movie tied in fantastically with the series, but the rest didnt.

It was dissapointing to see baby Lugias later on in the series

The naruto movies are, as someone said before here, basically fillers with better animation.

I too would like that naruto was not that mainstream, but it is, and it is because it's really good. I can compare it to dragon ball if you'r going to say that it may, one day, reach an enormous popularity as dragon ball had. But you can't compare it's meat. Naruto's about stealth, tricky fighting and ninja stuff and not about powers that destroy half the world. And everything is explained, from how the world works to how all the ninja stuff work. Characters just don't go out kamehameha'ing they'r way through enemies.

One problem is the animation quality inconsistency of the series. Sometimes is ass bad and sometimes it's fantastic in scenes like the infamous Rock Lee vs Gaara.

^All that info does not apply to the fillers as those are utter crap where the main character always saves the day with his trademark technique. A cliché that i truly hate.

And as Shorty said, please don't watch the butchered versions. Fansubbers bring you the episode less than 24 hours after it aired in Japan.

Yes, Dragon Ball Z is one awesome anime. Too bad it's dubbed here. You know how shit the US episodes are compered to the originals? That's how much the serbian ones are worse compered to the US episodes. The voices are why everybody here thinks DBZ is for three years old kids. Anime should never be dubbed!

I think Naruto is brilliant. The story's not all about Naruto, but other characters too.

The naruto movies are, as someone said before here, basically fillers with better animation.

I re-watched the first two movies recently and I realised the music is also way better. Also, for fillers - they do have better stories and take themselves much more sincerely than some of the downright awful filler stories (like that one where Shino and Naruto had to avoid laughing? WTH?? Way to completely ruin Shino forever...)

The only thing that i dislike about Naruto is Naruto's fault. It's the Narutards and their yaoi. Sure each to their own but i just thing seeing Naruto and Sasuke cuddlng and kissing is just a bit too far.

Though yuri is pretty good :grin:

The only thing that i dislike about Naruto is Naruto's fault. It's the Narutards and their yaoi. Sure each to their own but i just thing seeing Naruto and Sasuke cuddlng and kissing is just a bit too far.

It's funny, I've never stumbled accross any Naruto yaoi. Are you sure you weren't just searching for it? :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!