N-Europe

Wii to use Friends Codes

Kazzahdrane

"Some gamers protest that the system restricts online multiplayer. However, within the Wii Channel system that Nintendo has created - a similar system to 360's dashboard - you can create your own avatar using the Mii Channel, perhaps suggesting that Nintendo see Wii online using a Xbox Live gamer tag style setup, instead of forcing you to use unfriendly streams of numbers like the DS friend codes."

Everything is just speculation at the moment, and it will be until Nintendo actually come out and confirm how the online system will work. It can't be far away now.

I don't see what the big problem is with friend codes. I like them. Makes it possible for me to have, for example, certain people come to my town in AC, but not battle me on Mario Kart (because I might not want to play against them). Anyway, I don't really care what they do, as long as I can play online.

I don't see what the big problem is with friend codes. I like them. Makes it possible for me to have, for example, certain people come to my town in AC, but not battle me on Mario Kart (because I might not want to play against them). Anyway, I don't really care what they do, as long as I can play online.

Well it could be done an easier way than that; in that you just have a list of friends, and just say who you want to play with on what game; i.e. Block certain people from your town.

It would be really great if each player had their own friend code and kept it for all games, rather than having different ones for different games. It would make a lot more sense and make it easier to play lots of games with friends.

yeah i think this is crucial, have a friend code for each console rather than each game. I wish they wouldn't haven them, but i dont see it is a big problem, espeically if wii channels has a message board which im sure i heard it did. u can easliy get plenty of codes no problems.

As long as it's a universal friendscode it's not really different to any other form. Normally you create an account with a username you have to give others and here you give a friendscode to them.

But if they make a sperate friendscode for every game I think people won't accept it for a homeconsole. Especially if there's something easier offered.

If it is one code per Wii, then that's fine with me

Same here. One friend code per Wii would be great. Then you add friends to your master friend list. I'd like each game to let you choose (and remember) a subset of the master list so you can choose which of your friends you want to play each game with, defaulted to all of them.

Rivals was a good idea too. Perhaps have some way of combining the two?

Same here. One friend code per Wii would be great. Then you add friends to your master friend list. I'd like each game to let you choose (and remember) a subset of the master list so you can choose which of your friends you want to play each game with, defaulted to all of them.

I kinda get what your saying. How about we dont have to enter any friend codes at all. The system should do it automatically. Similar to Metroid Prime Hunters at the end of a battle, you should have the option to add someone as a friend.

If you add them/they add you, you both are added to each others friend lists.

If you add them/they dont add you, you both are added to each others rivals list.

With your list of Friends you should have more privileges such as voice/text chat in games, viewing full profile information, invitations, etc.

Your Rivals list could be more restricted. You can see what games they are playing, can invite them, only text chat allowed(censored of course).

Also similar to a IM service you can choose which people you want to block from contacting you, and other features......

Whatever Nintendo are working on, it better be functional and detailed. No half assed implementation, please...

Rivals is horrid on Mario Kart; I always end up versing ?3 star? people. Wish my WiFi connector would connect -_-