Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hold out for Amazon, if you make sure you're on all-day Tuesday so you don't miss it.

I phoned up GameStation and tried to preorder Zelda but you have to go instore to do it, even though they said it was free.

I had to pay a £1 deposit per game at Gamestation.

When are gamestation going to confirm who has what? Anyone know when they get their allocations?

I think they might know their stock alloction already, but the individual stores haven't been told yet. I think someone said that each store told the head office how many preorders they had and they'll arrange the stock allocation from that somehow.

Blasphemy,I probably won't be going to Stirling again till the midnight launch.I must figure sometihng out >.<

Yeah, I think there will be enough though, especially if you're going at midnight. If I happen to be in Stirling before then I'll preorder just incase though. I would be very surprised if it ran out at the midnight launch.

Even if you don't get it from GS, another shop will have it at 9 the next morning.

Apparently this site can guarentee a Wii on launch if you pre-order with them now.

i'm not so sure on this website anymore. I ordered streetfighter 2 collection for the xbox, just to see what they were like at deliveries. it was ordered at like 12pm on friday and they havnt even dispatched it or taken payment for it yet.... we shall see.

wot time are amazon taking preorders from? 12am that day or 9am?

Yeah, I think there will be enough though, especially if you're going at midnight. If I happen to be in Stirling before then I'll preorder just incase though. I would be very surprised if it ran out at the midnight launch.

As I've said numerous times in this thread, going to the midnight launch does not mean you will get a Wii, even if you have pre-ordered one. If you were person 101 to pre-order a Wii and the store gets 100 units at launch you won't get one, even if you queue up outside the store for days beforehand.

Of course, chances are at least one of those 100 people before you would cancel their pre-order before December 8th for one reason or another, just an example.

Gamestation stores will hold a pre-ordered console for 72 hours after launch, so if it sells out the best time to try to pick one up would be on the morning of the 11th, in case anyone hasn't picked their pre-ordered console up yet.

As I've said numerous times in this thread, going to the midnight launch does not mean you will get a Wii, even if you have pre-ordered one. If you were person 101 to pre-order a Wii and the store gets 100 units at launch you won't get one, even if you queue up outside the store for days beforehand.

Of course, chances are at least one of those 100 people before you would cancel their pre-order before December 8th for one reason or another, just an example.

Gamestation stores will hold a pre-ordered console for 72 hours after launch, so if it sells out the best time to try to pick one up would be on the morning of the 11th, in case anyone hasn't picked their pre-ordered console up yet.

I was talking about games, not the console.

Although reading back through the thread that's quite hard to tell, if you weren't following that it would've looked like I was talking about the console.

This GameStation actually told me it was first-come first-served for people who have preordered it, but I don't believe them on that as it defeats the purpose of preordering.

My mistake then, apologies :) I actually was following it so that makes me a lazy reader!

And yeah, if you or one of your friends should not get a Wii from the GS and you find out they did it on a first-come first-served basis get in touch with customer services and complain. I agree with you though it's unlikely, they probably just want people to come to the midnight launch and spend lots of money.

My mistake then, apologies :) I actually was following it so that makes me a lazy reader!

And yeah, if you or one of your friends should not get a Wii from the GS and you find out they did it on a first-come first-served basis get in touch with customer services and complain. I agree with you though it's unlikely, they probably just want people to come to the midnight launch and spend lots of money.

I'm going to be first in line at the midnight opening, so it shouldn't be a problem if they do it first-come first-served. :heh:

Customer services wont really be able to do anything though, they'll sell out their stock allocation country-wide I presume.

I'm thinking of getting a homeless guy to queue up for me so I don't have to be there until right before midnight.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6142576.stm

That would be a great idea... it works both ways and you both get something outta it... just make sure you dont give him it all in one go.. you know tell him he can have the rest when the jobs done!

Guest Stefkov

lol homeless people. Great idea.

Im going on thursdayand preorsdering some games and the component cable. Just to get it off my shoulders that i know that i should be getting them for sure at launch.

I'm going to be first in line at the midnight opening, so it shouldn't be a problem if they do it first-come first-served. :heh:

Not unless I beat you there >.<

If you're gonna be first, i'll be second and Zero would be third.I still don't know what time to leave at yet :heh:

There is a post on Gamesradar forums stating that there preorder of the Wii with good old VideoGamesPlus has been cancelled due to them being allocated NO Wii's for launch! I'm hugely surprised!

The Wii is going to be HUGE! I actually feel really bad for all the people who preordered a Import Wii from USA or Canadians/Americans who preordered a Wii with VGP!

Just thought you'll be interested to know as many use VGP on here.

The only good thing is that Nintendo are onto a winner here!

Not unless I beat you there >.<

If you're gonna be first, i'll be second and Zero would be third.I still don't know what time to leave at yet :heh:

It usually takes me about 25 minutes to get to Stirling from where I live in the car. I think I'll probably leave at 10 and make sure I've got a good spot to park (ie. right outside, shouldn't be a problem at that time of night). Then hide in my car for an hour or I see some geeky looking people coming up the road.... Or if people are working in GameStation I'll knock on the door and see if I can go and play games with them. :heh:

well i rang gamestaion up the other day and i asked them weather i will get one on launch. they asked me when i preoodered it (i said september) to which they replied that it is most likely that i will get one due to it has only been recently that they have fufilled there stock allocation :bouncy: :bouncy:

i will still however get to the store before it opens to make sure that this is the case

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!