NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

The '+ Any 2 Games = £260' adds up to just two normal games so not really a bundle unless it's a typo or Wii is up in price.

Is that meant to be £245 because it would be cheaper without a bundle at 255...

My manager said one is more expensive. I haven't bothered thinking about it as I only flew through work to check hours.

But I suppose 180 + 35 + 40 = 255.

he he the place I preordered don't really know that much about the stuff they are selling... it could be shoes for all they care.. he told me that they would get their Wii's on the 6.. so with a bit of luck I can pick it up there and then.. ill give it a try... ill get Twilight Princess and Rayman along with it.. that should keep going for some while

I am not going for a bundle not enough saving on them really. Not sure what game to get when picking it up, I have ordered Zelda and Need for speed Carbon from HMV.

It'd be great i got there and said it was less than i though, thanks to a bundles. I'm picking up a Wii+2 games but i doubt they will. If they do i might have to throw in Wii play or something

I'll be seeing if Game can price match Gamestation's bundles across the street. They do this, right? I was thinking of getting a Wii, Zelda, Wii Play and one other game which I'll decide upon sometime this week. Something with a decent multiplayer may be worthwhile.

I'll be seeing if Game can price match Gamestation's bundles across the street. They do this, right?

Nope. No price matching at christmas. And they never price match bundles. (Different companies strike different deals. So Gamestation may strike a deal meaning they can sell x for £10, but Game can't.)

I think you just need to look around to bag a bargain.

I've preordered from my local Game - My Wii with Zelda - hopefully they will give in and match gamestations £210 with one game deal

From Choices I'm getting Monkey Ball for £28

And just last night I ordered Wii Play from Games website and used this code

J3PW74 which saves me a fiver so getting it for £29.99.

Anyone seen any of the demo pods yet?

This one is in GAME on Queen St. in Cradiff

ukwiikiosk.jpg

I should ahve gone to games yesturday while i was in town. I didn't think about a demo pod. But then again, it's 5 days away, i'll jsut wait untill Friday, so my first experience will be on my own console.

After all this fecking around with pre-ordering of the Wii I just bought a Sony PS2 (I like Guitar Hero II) ...give me 5-6 years and I might bother to get a "next generation console" if they have any good games.

tbh Once I get my christmas bonus I will hopeful be able to just walk into a shop and pick up a Wii. Anyone else given up on the pre-order?

I played on one of those pods yesterday in a new shop nearby. Pretty cool, though there was a guy handing people the controllers when they wanted to play. Which was probably a one-time dealy.

Are the controllers stuck somewhere? I cant imagine that being easy to handle when you're playing, or is it?

Anyway, it was my first time playing on the Wii. It was amazing.

The hardest thing I think, once I get used to constantly gaming with the Wiimote, will be having to go back to regular controllers.

I've been at work today so I decided to call GAME myself. I'm really annoyed cause I could have got a Wii + ANY 3 games from Gamestation for the price I'm paying at GAME to get Wii + Wiiplay + Zelda. I guess thats what I get for preordering at GAME instead of Gamestation and then putting all my eggs in one basket by adding all my money to the "Wiicard" GAME sent me in the post.

I'm going to get down to my Tamworth GAME store Friday 7am (pick up my Wii + 2 games) then rush across to Gamestation and see if I can get an extra nunchuck using my £10 Gamestation gift voucher..............

Stupid GAME, can't believe -there shiny well lit store fooled me into thinking it was the better deal :(

Haha I remember saying something about putting eggs all in one basket.

I guess the joke will be on me if I don't actually get a unit on launch though.

Ben be happy you've got one safe.

Gamestation rang me this lunchtime to invite me to their midnight launch, but I am unable to go, so they will keep a Wii for me when I go in the following day. :)

Well I guess thats my fault for pre-ordering at Game, they've always been the most expensive option and now they've slapped their customers with 'bundles' that shouldnt be allowed to be on a poster.

Seriously, im slightly dissapointed that theres no good deals, but its fucking terrible to advertise them. Wii + 2 Games for £260, bargain! No, your wrong. You've advertised that exact ammount you'd pay when not in a bundle. The idea of a bundle is to save money, not to pay the exact same ammount!

Viva la Gamestation. But on a side note, Game were more reliable when it came to confirmations. Im expecting an update about the bundles at some point next week, no fucking way can these be final.

I've been at work today so I decided to call GAME myself. I'm really annoyed cause I could have got a Wii + ANY 3 games from Gamestation for the price I'm paying at GAME to get Wii + Wiiplay + Zelda. I guess thats what I get for preordering at GAME instead of Gamestation and then putting all my eggs in one basket by adding all my money to the "Wiicard" GAME sent me in the post.

I'm going to get down to my Tamworth GAME store Friday 7am (pick up my Wii + 2 games) then rush across to Gamestation and see if I can get an extra nunchuck using my £10 Gamestation gift voucher..............

Stupid GAME, can't believe -there shiny well lit store fooled me into thinking it was the better deal :(

same here.....damn my blood relation to magpies!

It does make me wonder why GAME aren't doing a more competitive Ubisoft bundle.

Ubisoft has no chance of getting into the charts this Christmas unless they do a deal.

Lego Star Wars II is going for £20 and Gears is going for £40.

Publishers are responsible for bundles, they get their game in the charts and it sells more the week after. Because it gets the shelf space when all the kids come into town to spend their Christmas money on their new consoles.

It's war of the shelves.

I spoke to GAME today and they were unsure of their bundles yet. If its what I've heard from this thread I'm gonna kick their asses (in the pocket, not literally). I'll just buy my wii from GAME as its preordered and get everything else from gamestation or online. There online bundles are already retail price so your not saving a penny so its looking like instore will be the same.

Hopefully they'll see sense. If not I'll stick to gamestation from now on. NOTE: I only preordered from GAME as they should have the largest allocation!

Alright, today i decided to go into Gamestation and find out whether or not i'm getting a Wii or not.

And the result...

YES!

I took my preorder receipt into the store and the bloke looked through the list to see what number i was. Turns out i wasn't 61, but was infact 63.

How many Wiis were they getting in?

69! Talk about scraping it! :D

I also asked if i could preorder Zelda and Monkey Ball, and they've been added to my preorder.

I can finally breathe a sigh on relief. Thank you Gamestation. :)

From what people are saying here it sounds like GAME have been really cheeky with their so-called "bundles".

Interestingly, we're having a midnight launch but I found out today from a customer that the GAME store 100 feet away isn't. Very weird, wonder if they got a really small allocation.

I got my GAME phone call today!! Mine until Saturday afternoon!!! Yeah, like it'll stay in the shop 'til then!!

Hmm.. what a bargain the 'bundles' are?? Oh well that's what Amazon is for... :)

Alright, today i decided to go into Gamestation and find out whether or not i'm getting a Wii or not.

And the result...

YES!

I took my preorder receipt into the store and the bloke looked through the list to see what number i was. Turns out i wasn't 61, but was infact 63.

How many Wiis were they getting in?

69! Talk about scraping it! :D

I also asked if i could preorder Zelda and Monkey Ball, and they've been added to my preorder.

I can finally breathe a sigh on relief. Thank you Gamestation. :)

:nono:

I've preordered from my local Game - My Wii with Zelda - hopefully they will give in and match gamestations £210 with one game deal

Never going to happen. If someone discounted a Wii Head Office would be on the phone later moaning. And before anyone else is naive. NEEEEEEEEVER gonna happen.

Nope. No price matching at christmas. And they never price match bundles. (Different companies strike different deals. So Gamestation may strike a deal meaning they can sell x for £10, but Game can't.)

That's bullshit. Not the lies kinda bullshit, just literal shit from a bull.

Never going to happen. If someone discounted a Wii Head Office would be on the phone later moaning. And before anyone else is naive. NEEEEEEEEVER gonna happen.

Well they should price their bundles more competitively. Usually Game are pretty good for launch bundles, so what on Earth has happened?