NEurope
Konfucius

UK Software Charts (Updated every Monday)

Have you got an actual example of that happening? I very much doubt it would.

Edit: That's to ShadowV7.

It's not selling well and that's the end of it, it doesn't really matter how you look at the charts. Fact is if a game is selling "well" it breaks into the top 40 all console for more than one week in the 30's.

Hardcore gamers have mostly abandoned the Wii it seems, it's as simple as that.

Surprisingly it doesn't seem to matter how big the install base gets for either the Wii or DS anywhere in the world, only the casual titles and Nintendo titles are true successes, or the very RARE third party title in a big series.

EDIT:

Wow, 12,000 approximately across Europe? Well if that's true, that's it then, the end of good third party hardcore content on Wii in the future.

You can expect The Conduit to be the last chance and if Madworld is anything to go by, it'll sell like shit too. Arguably even less people give a shit about The Conduit than with Madworld.

Edited by James McGeachie

It's not selling well and that's the end of it, it doesn't really matter how you look at the charts. Fact is if a game is selling "well" it breaks into the top 40 all console for more than one week in the 30's.

Hardcore gamers have mostly abandoned the Wii it seems, it's as simple as that.

Surprisingly it doesn't seem to matter how big the install base gets for either the Wii or DS anywhere in the world, only the casual titles and Nintendo titles are true successes, or the very RARE third party title in a big series.

EDIT:

Wow, 12,000 approximately across Europe? Well if that's true, that's it then, the end of good third party hardcore content on Wii in the future.

You can expect The Conduit to be the last chance and if Madworld is anything to go by, it'll sell like shit too. Arguably even less people give a shit about The Conduit than with Madworld.

Yeah i hate to admit it but it's too late now. Maybe a game like Madworld coming out nearer the Wii's launch would have pulled a few surprises but yeah, no chance now.

I think people are giving VG Chartz far too much credit, they're terribly inaccurate.

I think people are giving VG Chartz far too much credit' date=' they're terribly inaccurate.[/quote']

I remember they were being slated when giving early Wii figures, and I don't know whether or not it's much better now.

Hmm, they're not great sales, at all. How much were Sega hoping to shift with it, though?

I think this game could have a dose of "lazy" gamer syndrome. People will rant for months and months about how much they want it, how awesome it looks, but when it comes to picking it up, very few can be bothered. Also known as "lazy voter" syndrome. "I won't vote because one vote doesn't make a difference." "I won't vote because someone else will do it for me."

Bluddy student loan can't come soon enough. I'm also a bit intrigued as to why there haven't been a great number of people posting about the game in the Madworld thread.

I remember they were being slated when giving early Wii figures, and I don't know whether or not it's much better now.

I'm also a bit intrigued as to why there haven't been a great number of people posting about the game in the Madworld thread.

I haven't actually done a proper check of them for ages now, based on the quoted Madworld figures here, and I presume they are the ones quoting 1 million for Call of Duty I'd say they are still miles away from being anywhere near usable.

I still haven't opened my copy which is why I haven't posted in the thread yet, don't want to risk any spoilers.

What I don't get is the top games in the Wii charts don't correspond to the individual/all format charts. Say in the charts the top five games sold that week were a,b,c,d and e, wouldn't they need to be in that order in the ind/all format? A sold more than b, b more than c etc, yet there's f,g,h ahead of them in the ind/all format, but the sold less according to the Wii charts so they should be worse than a,b,c,d and e if you get me.

I know what you mean, it stumped me too. I think it's to do with budget releases. It's because budget titles aren't included in the Wii chart, but are included in the Individual formats chart.... I think that's what you mean anyway.

On a more general note: correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't titles like MadWorld and Overkill selling more on Wii than the cream of 'hardcore' titles did on Gamecube? I can't really think of many third party exclusive core games on Gamecube, but I do know I survived well enough without owning another console and without feeling any droughts. So I don't see why people are seeing this as being the end. There'll always be core titles on Nintendo consoles, even if they are just driven by developer passion.

Edited by D_prOdigy

dunno, I can't think of many GC games off the top of my head...

Resi 0, REmake, Resi 4 sold well,

MGS: Twin Snakes sold well didn't it?

Eternal Darkness, Splinter Cell series... umm what else?...

Anyways, I always got the impression these more adult games sold pretty well on GC.

dunno, I can't think of many GC games off the top of my head...

Resi 0, REmake, Resi 4 sold well,

MGS: Twin Snakes sold well didn't it?

Eternal Darkness, Splinter Cell series... umm what else?...

Anyways, I always got the impression these more adult games sold pretty well on GC.

Mostly established franchises. Resident Evil is doing better on Wii than it did on GCN. Eternal Darkness had Nintendo backing obviously, but it was never really a blockbuster was it? Splinter Cell can't have been great on Cube - they pretty much abused the GCN version of Double Agent to the point where one would be forgiven for thinking it'd been canned. Starcraft Ghost too - it's obvious why the Cube version was the first to get the chop.

Point it, if MadWorld sells no more than 200,000 units, I'm pretty sure that's more than it would have done on Gamecube, and everyone seems to have nothing but fond memories of Gamecube; conveniently whenever they happen to be decrying Wii.

This weeks chart in the UK.

Individual

Top Wii games: 1)Wii Fit 2)Wii Play 3)Mario Kart 4)My Fitness Coach 5)M&S Olympics

Wii

Top Wii Games: 1)Wii Fit 2)Mario Kart 3)M&S Olympics 4)Sonic and the Black Knight 5)Mario Power Tennis

Ah seems i've been answered now. Makes sense.

Also Retro, that's 2 days worth in the UK I think? Also I find it interesting that that VGChartz nerfed the first week of MadWorld sales from 57k(3 days) to 40k. Something doesn't seem right :heh:

Mostly established franchises. Resident Evil is doing better on Wii than it did on GCN. Eternal Darkness had Nintendo backing obviously, but it was never really a blockbuster was it? Splinter Cell can't have been great on Cube - they pretty much abused the GCN version of Double Agent to the point where one would be forgiven for thinking it'd been canned. Starcraft Ghost too - it's obvious why the Cube version was the first to get the chop.

Point it, if MadWorld sells no more than 200,000 units, I'm pretty sure that's more than it would have done on Gamecube, and everyone seems to have nothing but fond memories of Gamecube; conveniently whenever they happen to be decrying Wii.

I'd be very surprised if that's true.

Is Madworld actually being advertised on TV, cos I certainly haven't seen one!

Nintendo/Sega are absolute fools for not producing an advertising campaign in the style of these trailers:

It could have run for a few weeks leading up until launch and a few weeks in.

Is Madworld actually being advertised on TV, cos I certainly haven't seen one!

Nintendo/Sega are absolute fools for not producing an advertising campaign in the style of these trailers:

It could have run for a few weeks leading up until launch and a few weeks in.

They're the adverts I've seen, although I don't know on which channel.

I saw one on E4 the other evening - but I think it was actually advertising the Overkill + MadWorld + Wii bundle in Game, with merely an emphasis on MadWorld.

Over the past 6 weeks we have had 4 different No1’s (‘Streetfighter IV’, ‘Killzone 2’, ‘Empire: Total War’ and for the last 3 weeks, ‘Resident Evil 5’). However, Nintendo’s breather after strenuous exercise is over and ‘Wii Fit’ (+1%) is back on top in the run-up to the Easter break, equalling Nintendo’s own longest serving All Formats No1 record way back in 2000 with ‘Pokemon Yellow’ and 10 weeks at the top. Capcom’s ‘Resident Evil 5’ drops to No2 (-38%) and EA climb 3 places to No3 with ‘FIFA 09’ (+3%). Midway/Ubisoft climb 7 places over the debut weekend for ‘Wheelman’ up to No4 (+41%) and Activision Blizzard also do nicely, up 2 places to No5 with Q408’s 2nd biggest game ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (+1%). Capcom’s ‘Streetfighter IV’ slides 3 places to No6 (-11%), as do Nintendo with ‘Professor Layton and the Curious Village’ at No7 (-13%). There’s impressive longevity shown in the next 2 Top 10 titles – at No8 is Activision Blizzard’s Q407 ‘Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’ with 66 weeks on this chart (+12%) and at No9 is Sega’s Q407 ‘Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games’ with 69 weeks on chart (+39%). Rockstar/Take 2 bring up No10 with ‘GTA: Chinatown Wars’ for DS (-6%). The only new entries this week are Warner’s ‘Wanted: Weapons of Fate’ debuting at No15 on 360/PS3/PC and Blade Interactive’s ‘WSC Real 09: World Snooker Championship’ in at No39, also 360/PS3/PC.

Week 14, 2009 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) WII Wii Fit (Nintendo)

02 (02) 360 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

03 (04) NDS Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

04 (05) NDS Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Take 2)

05 (07) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

06 (03) PS3 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

07 (09) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

08 (06) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

09 (18) 360 Wheelman (Ubisoft)

10 (16) WII My Fitness Coach (Ubisoft)

11 (14) 360 Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

12 (10) PS3 Street Fighter Iv (Capcom)

13 (19) NDS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force (Disney Interactive Studios)

14 (08) PS3 Killzone 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)

15 (21) WII Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

16 (__) NDS Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

17 (29) PS3 Wheelman (Ubisoft)

18 (12) 360 Street Fighter Iv (Capcom)

19 (27) NDS Puzzler Collection (Ubisoft)

20 (__) 360 Wanted: Weapons Of Fate (Warner Bros. Interactive)

21 (17) 360 Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

22 (33) NDS Scrabble Interactive: 2009 Edition (Ubisoft)

23 (37) NDS Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

24 (25) 360 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

25 (__) NDS New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

26 (15) 360 Halo Wars (Microsoft)

27 (22) WII Sonic And The Black Knight (Sega)

28 (__) NDS Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

29 (20) PC Empire: Total War (Sega)

30 (31) 360 Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

31 (__) WII Guitar Hero Iii: Legends Of Rock (Activision Blizzard)

32 (__) WII Rayman Raving Rabbids Tv Party (Ubisoft)

33 (32) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

34 (26) PS3 Tom Clancy's H.a.w.x. (Ubisoft)

35 (23) 360 Tom Clancy's H.a.w.x. (Ubisoft)

36 (11) 360 Wwe Legends Of Wrestlemania (Thq)

37 (28) PS3 Command And Conquer: Red Alert 3 (Electronic Arts)

38 (__) PS3 Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

39 (13) PS3 Wwe Legends Of Wrestlemania (Thq)

40 (__) PC Football Manager 2009 (Sega)

DSi enjoys rampant demand in debut weekend

Hardware becomes fourth fastest-selling console in UK history, reveals MCV

Nintendo’s DSi became the fourth fastest-selling console in UK history over its opening weekend, according to GfK-ChartTrack data.

The handheld even eclipsed the debut sales numbers of the original DS.

In unit terms, it outsold all other consoles combined over the weekend – including PS3, PSP and Xbox 360.

“It’s a very impressive opening couple of days considering the lack of launch software,” said GfK-ChartTrack’s Chris Poole.

“It’s the fourth fastest-selling console in UK history in terms of opening weekend – one ahead of the original DS in fifth and way ahead of DS Lite.

"It's difficult to tell if the momentum will continue into the week, as much of the sales would have been pre-ordered. There was also a slight spike in DS software."

The console was launched at midnight last Friday on the UK High Street.

System		1st Week			Release
PSP		185,000			Sep 2005
PS3		165,000			Mar 2007
Wii		105,000			Dec 2006
DSi		    ???			Apr 2009
DS		 87,000			Mar 2005
XB360		 70,000			Dec 2005
GC		 69,000			May 2002
GBA		 67,000			Jun 2001
XB		 52,000			Mar 2002
GBASP		 47,000			Mar 2003
PS2		 46,000			Nov 2000
DSL		 35,000			Jun 2006

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Pro Evo WIi has sold disastrously....what is happening to the Wii?! It's getting worse! Pro Evo sold really well last year!

I'm amazed that the DS Lite sold such a small amount upon release - I seem to recall everyone and their mum buying one!

‘Wii Fit’ continues its successful run with a No1 for the first week of the Easter break and now becomes Nintendo’s longest serving All Formats No1, surpassing ‘Pokemon Yellow’, with a total of 11 weeks at the top.

The only new entry in the Top 40 All Formats Chart comes in at No2 with EA’s ‘The Godfather II’. ‘Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games’ races up the chart from No9 to No3. Capcom’s ‘Resident Evil 5’ drops 2 places to No4 and EA’s ‘FIFA also drops 2 places to No5. Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ shuffles down a place to No6. Nintendo’s second of four Top 10 titles ‘Professor Layton and the Curious Village’ is also a non-mover at No7, followed by ‘Wii Play’ at No8 and ‘Mario Kart Wii’ at No9. Capcom’s ‘Streetfighter IV’ rounds off the Top 10 after dropping 4 places.

Week 15, 2009 - Individual Formats (Units)

02 (__) 360 The Godfather Ii (Electronic Arts)

03 (15) WII Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

04 (__) PS3 The Godfather Ii (Electronic Arts)

05 (03) NDS Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

06 (08) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

07 (05) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

08 (02) 360 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

09 (07) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

10 (13) NDS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force (Disney Interactive Studios)

11 (04) NDS Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Take 2)

12 (06) PS3 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

13 (32) WII Rayman Raving Rabbids Tv Party (Ubisoft)

14 (10) WII My Fitness Coach (Ubisoft)

15 (12) PS3 Street Fighter Iv (Capcom)

16 (14) PS3 Killzone 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)

17 (25) NDS New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

18 (23) NDS Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

19 (09) 360 Wheelman (Ubisoft)

20 (11) 360 Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

21 (24) 360 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

22 (21) 360 Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

23 (19) NDS Puzzler Collection (Ubisoft)

24 (20) 360 Wanted: Weapons Of Fate (Warner Bros. Interactive)

25 (17) PS3 Wheelman (Ubisoft)

26 (18) 360 Street Fighter Iv (Capcom)

27 (16) NDS Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

28 (34) PS3 Tom Clancy's H.a.w.x. (Ubisoft)

29 (33) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

30 (28) NDS Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

31 (__) 360 Kung Fu Panda (Activision Blizzard)

32 (27) WII Sonic And The Black Knight (Sega)

33 (__) NDS Mystery Case Files: Millionheir (Nintendo)

34 (__) 360 Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

35 (38) PS3 Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

36 (35) 360 Tom Clancy's H.a.w.x. (Ubisoft)

37 (30) 360 Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

38 (__) 360 Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

39 (22) NDS Scrabble Interactive: 2009 Edition (Ubisoft)

40 (__) WII Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

Total UK Software Sales

Source: ELSPA/ChartTrack and Intent Media

|  2008        2008    |  2009        2009
        |  UNITS       VALUE   |  UNITS       VALUE
Week 13  |  1,583,801   £37.0M  |  1,058,242   £24.6M
Week 14  |  1,328,106   £31.0M  |  1,116,196   £24.8M
Week 15  |  1,260,415   £32.9M  |  1,306,014   £31.8M
Total    | 20,447,460  £481.9M  | 20,975,789  £474.2M

GfK-ChartTrack: ‘We want digital chart this year’

UK sales monitor in discussions with ‘all relevant parties’ Group keen to organise finalised data before 2010

SALES monitor GfKChartTrack has revealed to MCV that it hopes to set up a chart of UK digital downloads by the end of this year. The company said it was in ‘active discussions’ with a number of leading providers of downloadable digital content with a view to inking a deal over the next few months.

MCV understands that the body is currently in negotiations with Steam, IGN/Direct2Drive, GDi, Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony with a view to gathering data on UK downloads. GfK-ChartTrack director Dorian Bloch told MCV: “We’re talking to all digital download retailers with a view to getting their data. A lot of publishers see it as ever more important to have those digital sales tracked, alongside retail boxed model. “It’s down to negotiations now. Some companies in the space want it more than others – some are worried about releasing data that clarifies their whole position in the market. “I would hope that it will happen before the year end.”

GfK-ChartTrack is having more luck negotiating with potential partners in the UK than the US – where many of the major download retailers are based. “We have the goodwill of our local publishing publishing community, but across the Atlantic there’s a whole set of other people we have to get on board,” he said. “But we met a lot of people at GDC last month – and we expect to meet a lot more at the Develop Conference and even at E3.”

GfK-ChartTrack this month began releasing its weekly All Formats chart on a Monday morning. The firm previously made the data publicly available on a Tuesday afternoon. “We already had the fastest video games chart in the world – but we wanted to make it available for publishers’ Monday morning meetings,” added Bloch.

Positions 4 and now 11 for GTA:CW, surely it can't have sold that badly then!

The sold badly talks where about the US sales.

UK TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - Week 16, 2009

Nintendo are looking healthy at the top of the All Formats Chart as ‘Wii Fit’ stays at No1 for a third consecutive week, totalling 12 weeks at No1 in all (8 of which have come in 2009).

After Easter, sales of ‘Wii Fit’ are down by 30%, while ‘The Godfather II’ remains at No2, sales falling by 32%. EA will have to wait in the wings for another week in order to become the Don of the games charts, but old favourite ‘FIFA 09’ (-17%) ensures a strong presence at the top end of the Chart for the big American publisher, up 2 places to No3. The rest of the All Formats Top 10 shuffle places, ‘Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games’ (-35%) and ‘Resident Evil 5’ (-30%) are both down one place to No’s 4 and 5 respectively. Nintendo’s 3 other Top 10 titles all perform relatively well, each with only small drops in sales – ‘Professor Layton’ (-9%) is up one place to No6, ‘Mario Kart Wii’ (-1%) up 2 places to No7 and ‘Wii Play’ (-13%) is a non-mover at No8. Activision Blizzard still have a foothold in the Top 10 despite ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (-23%) slipping from No6 to No9.

With no new releases of any note out this week it gives consistent chart performer ‘Carnival: Funfair Games’ (-12%) the opportunity to sneak back into the Top 10, up from No16 to No10.

Week 16, 2009 - Individual Formats (Units)

02 (05) NDS Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

03 (02) 360 The Godfather Ii (Electronic Arts)

04 (07) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

05 (06) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

06 (03) WII Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

07 (04) PS3 The Godfather Ii (Electronic Arts)

08 (08) 360 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

09 (09) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

10 (11) NDS Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Take 2)

11 (13) WII Rayman Raving Rabbids Tv Party (Ubisoft)

12 (10) NDS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force (Disney Interactive Studios)

13 (14) WII My Fitness Coach (Ubisoft)

14 (21) 360 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

15 (12) PS3 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

16 (34) 360 Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

17 (16) PS3 Killzone 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)

18 (31) 360 Kung Fu Panda (Activision Blizzard)

19 (29) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

20 (23) NDS Puzzler Collection (Ubisoft)

21 (18) NDS Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

22 (33) NDS Mystery Case Files: Millionheir (Nintendo)

23 (17) NDS New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

24 (22) 360 Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

25 (27) NDS Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

26 (__) NDS Imagine: Doctor (Ubisoft)

27 (15) PS3 Street Fighter Iv (Capcom)

28 (30) NDS Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

29 (38) 360 Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

30 (26) 360 Street Fighter Iv (Capcom)

31 (20) 360 Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

32 (37) 360 Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

33 (19) 360 Wheelman (Ubisoft)

34 (__) PC Football Manager 2009 (Sega)

35 (40) WII Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

36 (__) PS3 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

37 (__) WII Monopoly (Electronic Arts)

38 (25) PS3 Wheelman (Ubisoft)

39 (__) WII Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City (Nintendo)

40 (__) PS3 Littlebigplanet (Sony Computer Ent.)

Ireland:

Week 16, 2009 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)

01 (01) The Godfather Ii (Electronic Arts)

02 (02) Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

03 (05) Wii Fit (Nintendo)

04 (03) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

05 (10) Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

06 (11) Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

07 (04) Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

08 (06) Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

09 (07) Monsters Vs Aliens (Activision Blizzard)

10 (08) Ben 10: Alien Force (D3p)

11 (12) Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Take 2)

12 (__) Wii Play (Nintendo)

13 (__) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

14 (13) Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force (Disney Interactive Studios)

15 (16) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

16 (09) Wheelman (Ubisoft)

17 (__) Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

18 (__) Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)

19 (__) Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

20 (14) Wwe Legends Of Wrestlemania (Thq)

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

UK TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - Week 17, 2009

Nintendo take a fourth consecutive week at No1 with ‘Wii Fit’ (-11%), totalling 13 weeks at No1 in all (9 of which have come in 2009) and the title is gradually homing in on the all time record of 18 weeks at No1 on this chart, set back in late 2000 / early 2001 by Eidos’ ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ on PS1, Dreamcast and PC.

The only new entry is right behind at No2, Atari’s ‘The Chronicles Of Riddick: Dark Athena’ on 360/PS3/PC. EA’s ‘The Godfather II’ (-48%) drops one place to No3 and EA’s ‘FIFA 09’ also drops one place to No4 (-25%). The rest of the All Formats Top 10 shows no change over last week. Capcom’s ‘Resident Evil 5’ is No5 (-17%), Nintendo’s ‘Professor Layton and the Curious Village’ is No6 (-31%), Nintendo also stay put at No’s 7 & 8 with ‘Mario Kart Wii’ (-32%) and ‘Wii Play’ (-27%). Activision Blizzard remain at No9 with ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (-29%) and Take 2 stay at No10 with ‘Carnival: Funfair Games’ (-25%).

Week 17, 2009 - Individual Formats (Units)

02 (__) 360 The Chronicles Of Riddick: Dark Athena (Atari)

03 (02) NDS Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

04 (04) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

05 (05) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

06 (03) 360 The Godfather Ii (Electronic Arts)

07 (08) 360 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

08 (09) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

09 (07) PS3 The Godfather Ii (Electronic Arts)

10 (15) PS3 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

11 (13) WII My Fitness Coach (Ubisoft)

12 (14) 360 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

13 (__) PS3 The Chronicles Of Riddick: Dark Athena (Atari)

14 (11) WII Rayman Raving Rabbids Tv Party (Ubisoft)

15 (19) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

16 (17) PS3 Killzone 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)

17 (06) WII Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

18 (10) NDS Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Take 2)

19 (29) 360 Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

20 (20) NDS Puzzler Collection (Ubisoft)

21 (23) NDS New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

22 (16) 360 Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

23 (24) 360 Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

24 (22) NDS Mystery Case Files: Millionheir (Nintendo)

25 (18) 360 Kung Fu Panda (Activision Blizzard)

26 (34) PC Football Manager 2009 (Sega)

27 (21) NDS Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

28 (36) PS3 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

29 (__) 360 Left 4 Dead (Electronic Arts)

30 (25) NDS Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

31 (__) PS3 Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (Sega)

32 (32) 360 Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

33 (28) NDS Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

34 (12) NDS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force (Disney Interactive Studios)

35 (__) 360 Halo 3 (Microsoft)

36 (__) 360 Halo Wars (Microsoft)

37 (31) 360 Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

38 (__) 360 Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (Sega)

39 (33) 360 Wheelman (Ubisoft)

40 (40) PS3 Littlebigplanet (Sony Computer Ent.)

No Little King Story :(

Entered Wii chart at #12: highest new Wii entry.

MadWorld slumped to 20 on Wii chart - not been disastrous for that game; certainly didn't disappear after one week.

Overkill dropping just one to 9 on Wii chart this week - That game has really shown some impressive legs.

UK TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - Week 18, 2009

Activision Blizzard fail to get their claws into Nintendo as ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ debuts at No2, behind ‘Wii Fit’ which holds on to No1 for a 5th consecutive week.

Sales of ‘Wii Fit’ are only up by 115 units, but it still manages to outsell Wolverine by 1.7 to 1. However, Activision Blizzard do manage to launch ahead of a resurgent ‘FIFA 09’ (+28%), which moves up one place to No3. Activision’s film tie-in also sits at the top of the Xbox 360 and PS3 charts with 51% of sales on Xbox 360 and 39% on PS3 (the rest on PS2, PSP, Wii, DS and PC). Nintendo’s ‘Wii Play’ (+47%) and ‘Mario Kart Wii’ (+15%) both enjoy upturns in sales alongside an increase in sales of the Wii console. ‘Wii Play’ moves from No8 to No4, while ‘Mario Kart Wii’ is bumped up one place to No6. ‘Resident Evil 5’ (-2%) is proving to have a strong survival instinct, holding its own in the All Formats Top 10 for an 8th week while sticking at No5 for a 3rd consecutive week.

Recent titles from Atari and EA both drop to the bottom half of the All Formats Top 10 with ‘The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena’ (-31%) slipping from No2 to No7 and EA’s ‘The Godfather II’ (-22%) sliding from No3 to No8. Sales of ‘Professor Layton’ are static, but it still finds itself dropping 3 places to No9, while ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (+5%) is still fighting in the All Formats front line at No10, having never fallen out of the Top 10 since it was launched 25 weeks ago. There are jumps up the chart for ‘Street Fighter IV’ (+97%), up from No25 to No11 and ‘Halo Wars’ (+75%), a re-entry at No25 – both boosted by retailer promotions. The only other new All Formats Top 40 title other than ‘Wolverine’ this week comes from Sony – ‘Singstar Pop Edition’ on PS3 at No32.

Week 18, 2009 - Individual Formats (Units)

02 (05) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

03 (04) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

04 (03) NDS Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

05 (__) 360 X-men Origins: Wolverine (Activision Blizzard)

06 (__) PS3 X-men Origins: Wolverine (Activision Blizzard)

07 (12) 360 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

08 (02) 360 The Chronicles Of Riddick: Dark Athena (Atari)

09 (11) WII My Fitness Coach (Ubisoft)

10 (16) PS3 Killzone 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)

11 (07) 360 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

12 (08) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

13 (06) 360 The Godfather Ii (Electronic Arts)

14 (10) PS3 Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)

15 (28) PS3 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

16 (15) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

17 (36) 360 Halo Wars (Microsoft)

18 (17) WII Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

19 (09) PS3 The Godfather Ii (Electronic Arts)

20 (__) PS3 Street Fighter Iv (Capcom)

21 (27) NDS Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

22 (__) PS3 Singstar Pop Edition (Sony Computer Ent.)

23 (23) 360 Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

24 (18) NDS Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Take 2)

25 (__) 360 Street Fighter Iv (Capcom)

26 (19) 360 Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

27 (13) PS3 The Chronicles Of Riddick: Dark Athena (Atari)

28 (21) NDS New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

29 (26) PC Football Manager 2009 (Sega)

30 (33) NDS Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

31 (20) NDS Puzzler Collection (Ubisoft)

32 (35) 360 Halo 3 (Microsoft)

33 (__) NDS Rhythm Paradise (Nintendo)

34 (30) NDS Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

35 (34) NDS Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force (Disney Interactive Studios)

36 (14) WII Rayman Raving Rabbids Tv Party (Ubisoft)

37 (40) PS3 Littlebigplanet (Sony Computer Ent.)

38 (__) 360 Burnout Paradise (Electronic Arts)

39 (24) NDS Mystery Case Files: Millionheir (Nintendo)

40 (22) 360 Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)