Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK Software Charts (Updated every Monday)

Konfucius

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call of Duty is number 16 on the Wii-specific list, behind titles such as Big Beach Sports og All Star Cheerleader while Banjo 3 on X360 fails to chart top 40. LittleBigPlanet didn't do to well either.

In other words, developers should stop making hardcore titles for the Wii and casual titles for PS3/X360.

Call of Duty is number 16 on the Wii-specific list, behind titles such as Big Beach Sports og All Star Cheerleader while Banjo 3 on X360 fails to chart top 40. LittleBigPlanet didn't do to well either.

In other words, developers should stop making hardcore titles for the Wii and casual titles for PS3/X360.

No they shouldn't...they should just put more effort in and advertise them better.

As for casual titles on 360, they do and have worked. But Banjo N&B deserves to fail miserably!!! Tarnish the name Banjo and you will fail!!

No they shouldn't...they should just put more effort in and advertise them better.

As for casual titles on 360, they do and have worked. But Banjo N&B deserves to fail miserably!!! Tarnish the name Banjo and you will fail!!

Has Call of Duty been actively promoted on other formats more than Wii? What about other recent 'hardcore' titles that have failed on Wii? I genuinely don't know the answer but I'd like to know if there really is less input behind the Wii games.

Which casual titles would you say have been a sales success on 360?

Res EVil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Metroid, Zelda, Red Steel etc have all sold well on the Wii? Okami has done better than it did on PS2. House of thedead and ghost squad haven't done too shoddy. Games like Tiger Woods and Guitar hero have done brilliantly (pro evo too) but I don't know if you'd class them as hardcore! All of these games have had effort put into them, and theyve done well.

Saying this, Call of Duty is a great Wii game, VERY disappointed to see that do badly :(

As for 360 - Scene it? Viva Pinata?

Res EVil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Metroid, Zelda, Red Steel etc have all sold well on the Wii? Okami has done better than it did on PS2. House of thedead and ghost squad haven't done too shoddy. Games like Tiger Woods and Guitar hero have done brilliantly (pro evo too) but I don't know if you'd class them as hardcore! All of these games have had effort put into them, and theyve done well.

Saying this, Call of Duty is a great Wii game, VERY disappointed to see that do badly :(

As for 360 - Scene it? Viva Pinata?

A fair few of those Wii games have sold well but often at a budget price. All apart from GH and Tiger don't have current gen comparisons for how advertising spend is split.

As for the 360 games, I would say neither of those would make me think about putting a similar game on 360. Viva Pinata managed some good sales overall but the vast majority of these are at a very low price.

Ah, you mean multiformat releases? I thought you meant hardcore games in general.

I say lets see how Conduit and Madoworld do and how the NXE plays out before we truly call it. Though I think the Wii has a better chance of getting the hardcore than 360 does getting the casual!

Yeah, there's certainly a hardcore market on the Wii, I'm just not sure it's big enough (in comparison to the other machines) to support much development. I'd rather see completely different games on the Wii that use it's unique features than worse versions of FIFA and COD every year.

I totally agree with you on the Wii being more capable of going hardcore than the 360 has of being casual. I pray every night Madworld will do well.

Yeah, the games that do something a little different seem to work much better. Fifa is awful in comparison to the next gen version, but then Pro Evo (which really does a Wii version) is amazing. Looks like Shaun White is also a fantastic Wii version not trying to replicate the next gen versions. The only thing I would disagree with though is FPS's; I love them on the Wii thanks to the control, I'd like these as close to the other versions as possible with regards to modes, options, graphics and online!

Week 47, 2008 - Individual Formats (Units)

Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ reigns supreme at the top of the All Formats Chart for a second week, holding off challenges from the 2 big new releases: EA with ‘Need for Speed: Undercover’ new at No4 and Eidos with ‘Tomb Raider: Underworld’ new at No9.

Despite sales falling by 51%, ‘COD: World at War’ outsells the No2 title by 2.5 to 1 and does one better than its predecessor by holding on to the No1 spot for a second successive week. EA’s top title this week isn’t the new ‘Need for Speed’, it’s ‘FIFA 09’, as sales of the hugely successful football game jump 28%, up from No5 to No2. Nintendo’s ‘Mario Kart Wii’ accelerates 5 places up the Chart to No3, sales up 33%, followed by the aforementioned ‘Need for Speed: Undercover’ at No4. It is the lowest first week All Formats Chart position for a next-gen NFS title. Nintendo have gone from having one All Formats Top 10 game last week to 4 as sales of not just ‘Mario Kart Wii’, but 3 other longstanding big hitters all enjoy sales spikes – ‘Wii Fit’, up from No12 to No5 (sales up 45%), ‘Brain Training’ up from No13 to No6 (sales up 46%) and ‘Wii Play’ up from No11 to No10 (sales up 22%).

Other than the latest Call of Duty, ‘Football Manager 2009’ is the only All Formats Top 10 title to lose sales this week, down from No3 to No7 (sales down 55%), while Eidos’ latest outing for Lara Croft ‘Tomb Raider: Underworld’ only outsells the launch of last year’s original Tomb Raider remake (Tomb Raider: Anniversary) by 6,700 units. The new Tomb Raider records 51% of sales on PS3, 34% on Xbox 360 and the remainder on Wii, PC and DS. Nintendo’s ‘Wii Music’ has a strong second week, up 67% in sales from No16 to No12, while EA register the only other All Formats Top 40 new entry with ‘Left 4 Dead’ at No15. Last week’s No2 ‘World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King’ drops heavily, down from No2 to No34 with sales down 91%, which is in large part due to the newly available Blizzard download option.

UK TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS) - Week 47, 2008

Week 47, 2008 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) 360 Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

02 (03) PS3 Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

03 (07) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

04 (09) WII Wii Fit (Nintendo)

05 (10) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

06 (08) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

07 (11) WII Wii Music (Nintendo)

08 (04) PC Football Manager 2009 (Sega)

09 (05) 360 Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

10 (13) WII Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

11 (06) NDS Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

12 (__) PS3 Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)

13 (__) 360 Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)

14 (__) PS3 Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos)

15 (16) 360 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

16 (__) 360 Left 4 Dead (Electronic Arts)

17 (20) 360 Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

18 (23) 360 Kung Fu Panda (Activision Blizzard)

19 (12) PS3 Littlebigplanet (Sony Computer Ent.)

20 (19) NDS Big Brain Academy (Nintendo)

21 (21) PS3 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

22 (26) NDS More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)

23 (17) WII Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

24 (31) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

25 (32) WII High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance (Disney Interactive Studios)

26 (27) 360 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

27 (15) 360 Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

28 (__) 360 Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos)

29 (22) PS3 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

30 (02) PC World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of Lich King (Activision Blizzard)

31 (__) WII Shaun White Snowboarding (Ubisoft)

32 (__) 360 Project Gotham Racing 4 (Microsoft)

33 (25) 360 Fable Ii (Microsoft)

34 (__) NDS Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

35 (__) NDS Nintendogs: Lab & Friends (Nintendo)

36 (__) WII All Star Cheerleader (Thq)

37 (14) PC Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

38 (__) 360 Sega Superstars Tennis (Sega)

39 (__) PSP Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

40 (18) 360 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

XB360 = 14

Wii = 10

DS = 7

PS3 = 6

PC = 3

PSP = 1

Ireland:

Week 47, 2008 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)

01 (01) Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

02 (02) Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

03 (09) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

04 (__) Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)

05 (11) Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

06 (06) Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

07 (05) Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (Thq)

08 (04) Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

09 (12) Wii Play (Nintendo)

10 (08) Football Manager 2009 (Sega)

11 (07) Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

12 (10) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

13 (13) Wii Fit (Nintendo)

14 (18) More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)

15 (__) Wii Music (Nintendo)

16 (16) Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

17 (__) Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos)

18 (__) Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

19 (14) Littlebigplanet (Sony Computer Ent.)

20 (17) Boogie (Electronic Arts)

not good sales for;

NINTENDO Wii

17 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR

39 TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD

SONY PLAYSTATION 3 (FULL PRICE)

7 MOTORSTORM: PACIFIC RIFT

13 MORTAL KOMBAT VS DC UNIVERSE

MICROSOFT XBOX 360 (FULL PRICE)

17 ROCK BAND 2

18 MORTAL KOMBAT VS DC UNIVERSE

19 LIPS

21 BANJO-KAZOOIE: NUTS & BOLTS

25 THE LAST REMNANT

28 NARUTO: THE BROKEN BOND

I'm really pleased Shaun White sold the best on the Wii. I hope Skate It sells really well too. A couple of good strong balance board games; and two games which the hardcore could be tempted by.

I know a few of my wii hating friends are tempted by both of these games on the Wii because of the board!

Yeah its promising to see a multi-format game like Shaun White doing well on the Wii. We all had our doubts when the game was first unveiled, so its great to see it turned out to be a really solid effort. Its shows that when something comes along that has had some effort put into it for the Wii, it won't automatically flop. :)

Its good to see Prof Layton hanging tough in there, just outside the top ten at no. 11.

The Entertainment Software Top 40 reveals that three-quarters of titles listed have increased their sell-through over last week – one of the biggest exceptions is Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (-30%), although the title still sits on top of the pile for a third successive week.

Both of last week’s big new releases climb 2 places this week with EA’s ‘Need for Speed: Undercover’ up from No4 to No2 (+35%) and Eidos’ ‘Tomb Raider: Underworld’ up from No9 to No7 (+12%). EA also take No3 with ‘FIFA 09’ (+12%) dropping one place to accommodate the rise of ‘NFS Undercover’, with Nintendo’s ‘Mario Kart Wii’ (+17%) also dropping one place to No4. Nintendo climb one place to No5 with ‘Dr Kawashima Brain Training’ (+28%) and Konami climb 2 places to No6 with ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2009’ (+21%). No7 is the aforementioned ‘Tomb Raider: Underworld’ (+12%) and climbing 2 places to No8 is Nintendo’s ‘Wii Play’ (+3%). Activision Blizzard climb 2 places to No9 with ‘Guitar Hero: World Tour’ (-1%) and the only new entry this week is Sony’s ‘Resistance 2’ on PS3 at No10. This is the follow-up to one of the format holder’s original launch titles ‘Resistance: Fall of Man’ – however launch week sales of ‘Resistance 2’ are only around two-thirds of the original.

UK TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS) - Week 48, 2008

Week 48, 2008 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (03) WII Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

02 (01) 360 Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

03 (05) NDS Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

04 (06) WII Wii Play (Nintendo)

05 (02) PS3 Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

06 (__) PS3 Resistance 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)

07 (07) WII Wii Music (Nintendo)

08 (04) WII Wii Fit (Nintendo)

09 (13) 360 Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)

10 (12) PS3 Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)

11 (09) 360 Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

12 (20) NDS Big Brain Academy (Nintendo)

13 (15) 360 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

14 (08) PC Football Manager 2009 (Sega)

15 (17) 360 Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

16 (18) 360 Kung Fu Panda (Activision Blizzard)

17 (22) NDS More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)

18 (26) 360 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

19 (24) WII Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)

20 (32) 360 Project Gotham Racing 4 (Microsoft)

21 (10) WII Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

22 (35) NDS Nintendogs: Lab & Friends (Nintendo)

23 (21) PS3 Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

24 (38) 360 Sega Superstars Tennis (Sega)

25 (28) 360 Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos)

26 (14) PS3 Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos)

27 (__) WII Guinness World Records: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

28 (19) PS3 Littlebigplanet (Sony Computer Ent.)

29 (40) 360 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

30 (__) NDS High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Disney Interactive Studios)

31 (33) 360 Fable Ii (Microsoft)

32 (23) WII Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

33 (11) NDS Professor Layton And The Curious Village (Nintendo)

34 (__) WII Rayman Raving Rabbids Tv Party (Ubisoft)

35 (34) NDS Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)

36 (29) PS3 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

37 (27) 360 Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)

38 (16) 360 Left 4 Dead (Electronic Arts)

39 (25) WII High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance (Disney Interactive Studios)

40 (__) NDS Mysims Kingdom (Electronic Arts)

360 - 14

Wii - 10

DS - 8

PS3 - 7

PC - 1

29gc1oz.png

Ireland:

Week 48, 2008 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)

01 (02) Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)

02 (04) Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)

03 (01) Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)

04 (03) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

05 (05) Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)

06 (07) Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (Thq)

07 (13) Wii Fit (Nintendo)

08 (06) Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)

09 (__) Resistance 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)

10 (17) Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos)

11 (09) Wii Play (Nintendo)

12 (08) Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)

13 (__) Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)

14 (14) More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)

15 (15) Wii Music (Nintendo)

16 (__) Mysims Kingdom (Electronic Arts)

17 (16) Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)

18 (__) Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)

19 (__) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

20 (20) Boogie (Electronic Arts)

I can't believe Mario Kart is the top game!! I think that game could in the top 5 top sellers the whole generation on all three consoles!!!

Still upsetting to see Call of Duty Wii not even close :(

And Wii Music still selling well to all the naysayers!

What about Sonic & Mario staying in the charts?

UK Ltd sales.

[WII] Mario & Sonic: 1.300.000

[NDS] Mario & Sonic: 460.000

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!