NEurope
Tellyn

Endless Ocean

This has just caught my interest.It would be great fun online with a friend exploring the sea and looking at the marine life.Very original and unique and it has potential to do well like others have stated.

I assume this game that even though you could have some sea life attacking the swimmer and killing them, they won't put in Stingray Stab attacks due to recent events that unfolded?

I assume this game that even though you could have some sea life attacking the swimmer and killing them, they won't put in Stingray Stab attacks due to recent events that unfolded?

Attacks and killing don't belong in this game, in my opinion. Perhaps there could be 'danger zones' or something, but I'd rather just meet up with people to dive as opposed to die.

Incidentally, Forever Blue isn't Arika's first diving game: they made both Everblue and a sequel for the PS2. In them you salvaged from wrecks, took pictures of fish, and generally progressed in an RPG-like fashion by trading things in and getting better equipment. I imagine this Wii title will be along the same lines.

I hope its like pilot wing!

It will be like doing a PADI course. Lots of different types of dives and all. Hopefully they will release the astronaut version next

Imagine to use a dive computer like Suunto Cobra and make discoveries and examinations below and above water. Or to create a logbook as a history and create bookmarks as a favourite spot in the ocean.

It would be great.

IGN

Forever Blue (Nintendo, 2007)

Developed by Arika,

The same people that made street fighter ex plus wow they are also making that boxing game based on an manga.

This just looks magnificent. I sincerely hope this makes a European release, it looks georgeous from every angle, and will doubtlessly appeal to the Wii's wide general audience. Stick some David Attenborough commentery on there and let us bask in the glory of it all.

Looks outstanding and really really interests me.

Hope it's out Summer 07, but with hardly any details, that looks slim.

Don't build your hopes up for this one until we know ALOT more about it,

IGN currently have their concerns...

Forever Blue Details

Developer named and history revealed.

US, January 3, 2007 - Ever since Nintendo first showed off footage of its mysterious Wii title Forever Blue, we've all been curious about the title's premise. Early videos showed scuba divers swimming deep underneath the sea and interacting with a variety of fish, some deadlier than others.

Sources tell IGN Wii that the game is being developed out of Japan by Arika. A little research on our part revealed that Arika is no stranger to underwater-based videogames. In fact, the studio released Everblue and Everblue 2 for PlayStation 2 in 2001 and 2002 respectively. Both games look very similar to Forever Blue for Wii. Indeed, we'd be willing to wager that the upcoming Wii title is very likely a direct sequel, if not an enhanced port.

Arika's official website features a brief description of the titles, which can be found right here.

IGN reviewed a copy of Everblue 2 on PS2 three years ago. The title scored a 5.7 and was described as an underwater action game with RPG elements. Apparently the effort presents a realistic and sometimes-beautiful scuba diving experience, but comes up short on story and character progression. Here is a description of the PS2 games from our sister site:

"Explore the Magic of Deep-Sea Diving. Follow heroes Leo and Zucco as they explore the truth behind tales of the Caribbean's Bermuda Triangle and Coral Reef inthis expansive underwater role-playing adventure. Uncover the sea's mysteries, as you freely explore sunken treasure ships, play with dolphins and other underwater sea life, wander the great Coral Sea and avoid shark attacks."

Nintendo has not officially confirmed that Wii's Forever Blue is related, but considering Arika's history, we don't see how it couldn't be.

It's worth noting that Arika has worked on other projects, including everything from Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha for PlayStation to Mega Man Network Transmission for GameCube.

More information as it becomes available.

Not roleplaying, just something simple where you can explore the ocean, maybe identify fish like ACWW.

I got Ecco for the Dreamcast the other day and that reminded me of this game and what can be done.

I hope you can take pictures of all the marine life and get points/cash to unlock/buy stuff.

OR it's in real-time to play it during the day and it's sunny and at night it's dark and you have a torch.

Oh or you can buy a boat and sleep on it etc..go out to sea and dive in wherever you like?

Sorry to double-post but Forever Blue is out August 2nd in Japan!

I'm hoping it will be released this year for Europe or America.

It looks very interesting, and totally different from what i've played on the wii so far!

I don't think it's considered double posting if it's months apart.... And if it is, it's wrong. What are you supposed to do, wait for someone to post in a thread dead for months just cause you were the last to post something? Makes no sense.

Anyway, August 2? Where did this come from? Don't Wii developers believe in advertising? I didn't even remember this game anymore and it's released in less than a month?

I don't think it's considered double posting if it's months apart.... And if it is, it's wrong. What are you supposed to do, wait for someone to post in a thread dead for months just cause you were the last to post something? Makes no sense.

Anyway, August 2? Where did this come from? Don't Wii developers believe in advertising? I didn't even remember this game anymore and it's released in less than a month?

Japanese conference from last night! Quite alot was unveiled, including a DS Camera to go with a game that makes your face look younger! Believe me!

Head over to Cubed3 for all the details!

Some details on the game:

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10746

We now have new details on Arika and Nintendo's diving game Forever Blue, check them out inside...

We got a quick glimpse of Forever Blue last E3, we now have some new details on the game, which is due out on the 2nd August in Japan.

You will be able to explore the ocean at your own pace, and even find stuff like underwater ruins. There is plenty of underwater life, including a variety of Dolphins, Whales, Rays and lots of smaller fish; that you can play with and study. You can even swim with a friend over WiFi.

You can also take up a few "jobs" in the game. You can search for treasure, take pictures for a magazine or even be a tour guide. Forever Blue also boasts some impressive graphics.

Edit: Beaten to the images.

I'm thinking that this game would be pretty good to chill to... however, I've got the fishing hole in Zelda for that and, so far, I don't see this beating the fishing in Zelda for some chillout time!

Does look awfully pretty though!

This game has just caught my interest. It's something I haven't seen done before and I'll have to see how it turns out.

Wow. Latest screenshots have actually really impressed/interested me in this game. I was 50/50 on it before, not really fussed, but now it looks like definitely one of those abstract games I just have to pick up. :)