NEurope
Tellyn

Endless Ocean

What songs have you got on your SD? I went for a nice mix of music from water levels in other games, DKC, Mario 64 etc. plus groove armada 'at the beach' which seemed appropriate! :)

Groove Armada's at the beach....you sir are a legend. Possibly one of my favourite tracks ever. I have that on yeah.

I have the DKC1 underwater theme too (the one from OCremix.org which is fantastic.)

I also have Radiohead Arpeggi Wierd Fishes (epic!), Enya - Storms in Africa/Orinoco Flow (sail away, sail away) various other Enya and Clocks - Coldplay.

Unfortuntaely, I don't own the game, but if you're looking for songs that suit the style of the game, I'd suggest tracking down World of the Dead and The Legend of Ashitaka from the Princess Mononoke OST, and Stone in Focus by Aphex Twin. If you're looking for something a bit more classical, you can't go wrong with Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings (London Symphony Orchestra version).

Groove Armada's at the beach....you sir are a legend. Possibly one of my favourite tracks ever. I have that on yeah.

I have the DKC1 underwater theme too (the one from OCremix.org which is fantastic.)

I also have Radiohead Arpeggi Wierd Fishes (epic!), Enya - Storms in Africa/Orinoco Flow (sail away, sail away) various other Enya and Clocks - Coldplay.

Thank you! I'll have to try that Radiohead track, but I have the others! Actually OCRemix has some awesome chilled out remixes (Dale North and AmIEvil have two great tracks - check out Merry Christmas Nights and Death on the snowfield respectively). I'm also about to rip a bunch of songs from the new ministry of sound's chilled album ready for a fresh diving session. :)

- check out Dale North, Merry Christmas Nights.

One of my favourite pieces ever! The amount of times I've listened to that track around Christmas is countless. I even had it on my MP3 player in college which must be about 5-6 yrs ago now! What with Groove Armada this is freaky :p

NiGHTS' soundtrack was just hauntingly beautiful. I've kept all of the soundtracks (christmas/Remix ~ Another dream and Saturn rip) on CD. They still see some playtime.

OK, on play.com:

Endless Ocean - £14.99

Metroid Prime 3 - £19.99

Boom Blox - £24.99

What would ya get?

I already have Endless Ocean... but don't think I'm being biased here. Out of those three games, for me, its between Endless Ocean and Boom Blox- which is a tempter for that price. I'd go for Endless Ocean because its cheap and its good if you want to just play something that's not gonna force you towards an end goal. I haven't played Boom Blox, but that's a decent price so I doubt you could go wrong with it either!

OK, on play.com:

Endless Ocean - £14.99

Metroid Prime 3 - £19.99

Boom Blox - £24.99

What would ya get?

MP3, then Boom Blox, then EO

Well I don't have EO but do plan to get it at somepoint when I've played through Okami & Smash.

Yeah think I'm gonna have to get all three at some!

Can you do two player dives, or only online?

Only online for two divers I'm afraid. Boom Blox is awesome and even better if you have more people to play it with. EO is a bit short lived but an experience to savour and MP3...well, I never bought it so I wouldn't know...:o

I'm assuming (praying) that, obviously tapedeck aside, you people who are just focussing on EO and Boom Blox do already own Prime 3?

Endless Ocean and MP3 are definitely worth those prices, would love to get Boom Blox too if I get some spare cash.

Anyone fancy a dive sometime soon? I'll get my EO code for anyone interested?

Im interested. Need to get my code sometime soon. Still right at the start of the game =/

After reading about the release date for the sequel I thought about restarting this again. I never really got into it the first time I played it, I think I only did 5-8 dives and then I never went back to it. It was a toss up between restarting this or starting Muramasa or Another Code R but the following happened...

At the start of the week I had to keep digging my car out of the snow, eventually as the week went on and the snow got worse I just started walking into work. This has left me with a bad cold but being the trooper I am I still like to get me some gaming done. With me being in the state I am and this being the ultimate chill out game it made perfect sense to restart it.

( im still playing Yoshi's Island DS on the side ;) )

I have just been making my way down the right hand side of the map at the moment, trying to nab what little fishys I can. I have a few questions though.

1. For the 3 entries in the log book for each fish do you just have to pat/stroke/prod them on 3 different days or do you have to do different things to them to get the other entries?

2. The hidden things in the sand/reefs etc keep glowing and some of the time I find an item while others there doesn't seem to be anything there. I assume I will unlock an item that will reveal these things, correct?

3. The few diving trips I have done with people have always resulted in a C rank. What's the best way the raise this and do you get anything, like new equipment, for it?

I have to say im really enjoying the game. Its so relaxing and I know alot of reviews and forumers slagged off the music in the game but I like it. I think it really adds to the atmosphere to the game and draws you in.

I remember I hated the graphics when you are on the boat and the clunky way the character moves always annoyed me but this time im finding I don't really care. I tend to just read my emails, plot my course and get back to some diving action. :D

*crawls back to bed*

1. For the 3 entries in the log book for each fish do you just have to pat/stroke/prod them on 3 different days or do you have to do different things to them to get the other entries?
I think it's down to how much time you spend with them, can't remember for sure though. :hmm:

I know I've definitely been able to get at least 2 entries unlocked on the one encounter though.

2. The hidden things in the sand/reefs etc keep glowing and some of the time I find an item while others there doesn't seem to be anything there. I assume I will unlock an item that will reveal these things, correct?
I don't think you're always guaranteed to find treasure at those glowing spots, again I can't really remember as it's been so long since I've played it. ::shrug:

3. The few diving trips I have done with people have always resulted in a C rank. What's the best way the raise this and do you get anything, like new equipment, for it?
You need to spend more time on the dives, until a message that the person is satisfied appears on screen. That should get you an A rank. ;)

Hope you feel better soon mate.

: peace:

Thanks for your help and blessing, RedShell. :)

I kept getting the message saying the person I was with was happy with their diving experience but still kept getting C ranks. Eventually I went on another dive with Mike Oldman, who was after a Turtle, and got an A rank off that.

We dove into the spot it was supposed to be at and I spent ages looking around for the thing. Mike seemed happy enough with his experience but still kept nagging me that he wanted to see a Turtle. I was just about to head back to the boat when I looked above me and caught a glimpse of one swimming happily away. Success!

I had a great experience yesterday. I was swimming away doing my own thing when the camera shifted to show a beaming streak of sunlight pouring through the water and a Whale swimming majestically above me. All of this happened just as Pokarekare Ana kicked in, the timing of everything was perfect.

Come to think of it im sure I had a similar experience when I did a few dives the first time I played it.

*searches topic*

Yup, I thought so.

I went diving into the Blue Hall for the first time last night and it was awesome. I had that Prayer song playing ( which I love ) and the cutscene kicked in at just the right moment. The music was playing and the camera panned out as the sun rays were beaming into the holes in the Blue Hall, truely a magical feeling.