NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Heaven

Devil May Cry 4

Sorry for my insistence, but in case someone knows could you please answer my above mentioned questions?

It's what's keeping me from ordering the US release right away... :p

According to VGP the US release is supposedly region-free. I might import the US L.E..

Just wondering, for those who previously imported US/JP releases:

-if they release any DLC/updates, would I be able to download then from the European marketplace (do the European downloads usually work with US releases?)

-does the PAL vs NTSC graphical quality differences still apply (in which the US, in theory, would be inferior in terms of resolution) in HD?

Yes they will work.

No, theres no difference what so ever in terms of graphical quality. Since High definition is delayed the same in all regions.

Also, are you 100% sure its region free? Wouldn't it just be far, far easier to get it off a UK site?

Also, are you 100% sure its region free? Wouldn't it just be far, far easier to get it off a UK site?

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/2008/02/region-free-test.html

They usually test new releases, and they mentioned the game works on PAL consoles.

It's certainly easier to buy the European release, but what I'm tempted to pick up is the L.E. US release, which unlike the European L.E. (which includes an art book) includes a bonus dvd + the first dvd volume of the Anime series with a few extras, and it costs less than the regular European release (although a few UK stores have it cheaper than that).

Oh, and thanks for the help. :bowdown:

Ah. No problem.

I thought you were just being strange like Killifah (or.. however you spell it) and buying shit from different regions constantly for no reason other than to be completely Wapanese and shout "Yatta!".

Yes, it annoys me. Slightly.

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/2008/02/region-free-test.html

They usually test new releases, and they mentioned the game works on PAL consoles.

It's certainly easier to buy the European release, but what I'm tempted to pick up is the L.E. US release, which unlike the European L.E. (which includes an art book) includes a bonus dvd + the first dvd volume of the Anime series with a few extras, and it costs less than the regular European release (although a few UK stores have it cheaper than that).

Oh, and thanks for the help. :bowdown:

The DMC anime is awful.

Fuck. This game is good.

I just got a SSS combo on the she-serpant :D

I have one question. Those things that are chained up and you destroy to get a blue gem thingie fragment (where you collect four to acquire a new heart container).

Apart from an easy SSS combo....

Why the hell do they take so damn long to destroy?

My only other complaint is the very annoying platforming sections, but there's only two (well...four) in the game so I'll let that slide.

Those are my only complaints. I'm loving the game so far.

I have one question. Those things that are chained up and you destroy to get a blue gem thingie fragment (where you collect four to acquire a new heart container).

My only other complaint is the very annoying platforming sections, but there's only two (well...four) in the game so I'll let that slide.

Those are my only complaints. I'm loving the game so far.

Yeah, the platforming doesn't quite work. The reason they take so long is because... well Nero isn't that powerful. Just wait till you're against them with Dante ;).

Ah. No problem.

I thought you were just being strange like Killifah (or.. however you spell it) and buying shit from different regions constantly for no reason other than to be completely Wapanese and shout "Yatta!".

Yes, it annoys me. Slightly.

Jordan my consoles are all japanese. I have no choice.. :)

Whoa, I started playing last night - if I could cream myself, I would have whilst watching the opening action scene :D :D

I haven't had much chance to play this, I've only completed up to mission 4. Though the game screwed up for me (on 360). I'd got pretty far in mission 5, and I'd...

...just watched the cutscene where Nero cut the chandelier, and destroyed the painting, to reveal the secret corridor. I headed down, and started running through the "Secret Lab" corridor. I turned the corner, got to what looked like the end of it and...

...there was a slight static sound for a split second, and the screen went black. I had to restart the 360 to get a picture back up. Is there a weird bug in the game, or something?

I haven't got any time to play through it again now either, I've got to head out to see my gf in a min.

You have to mix up the attacks, don't repeat anything until you've done everything else first. And they take so long to destroy because you have to put out a flame each time you get a new combo rank. Switching weapons helps if you're doing it with Dante. If you drop a rank they light back up. Normally it's not that hard to get your rank up but it's difficult against a single stationary "opponent" when you're not getting any style points for dodging etc. I found them much harder on DMC3, you couldn't knock them up in the air on that.

Finally finished this game on Devil Hunter difficulty. Gonna blast through it on Human mode now to get the achievements, some more proud souls and all the Secret Missions I couldn't manage the first time. Goddamn, they're seriously hard, but I have a feeling Miss Pandora may be able to help me with a couple....

Except... that one where you have to dodge attacks? Non-violent resistance?! What the hell?? Has anybody here done that? It's ridiculous. Even if you somehow manage to get a D-Rank, it doesn't seem to be worth anything. Maybe I need to become a pro at the Royal Guard style.

Just gotten half-way on Human and this is my first go at ever handling Dante... It's all a bit overwhelming, and I don't feel that I know what I'm doing, nor that I'm doing well stylistically - but then I keep getting A ranks in fights, so I guess he is stronger.

I've been watching Shorty do a lot of the sub-missions and hence I tend to give the trickier ones just one or two goes before giving up. I'm probably never going to complete all of them, but I'm eager to see the rest of teh story :)

Not a bad game at all. I get annoyed that I can't turn around in mid-air very easily - I guess I'm used to more physics-defying game logic :P

This is, quite possibly the best Hack n Slash (I hate using that term) I've ever played.

One thing which I would have liked is if they had somehow managed to incorporate all of Dante's styles into one, but I know that not possible, so I'm fine with it as it is.

It is not 'Hack n Slash', 'Hack n Slash' is Dynasty Warriors and its legion of clones, DMC is 3rd Person Action Adventure with added style.

That idea isn't bad though, would be pretty cool if you were able to like specify what parts of the styles you like to combine and create your own personal style. So Dante is like really good with guns but also has the dodging abilities from Trickster. If thats what you meant....

Hmm, I dont enjoy playing with Dante as much!

He no way near as hot as Nero :p

Anyone else find fighting Dante on level 10 a bitch? I probably suck at this game then.

Hmm, I dont enjoy playing with Dante as much!

He no way near as hot as Nero :p

Wait till you power him up. He's bad ass.

Has anyone got an SSS yet? I managed to get an SS yesterday.

Aside from that how many modes are there in this game, I'm just looking at the achievements and wth.

Has anyone got an SSS yet? I managed to get an SS yesterday.

Aside from that how many modes are there in this game, I'm just looking at the achievements and wth.

Yes, i got SSS.

"Final" She-Sepant, built up an A combo just attacking, then used Devil Trigger (LB) and used the Devil Bringer when shes weakened to easily get a SSS combo.

Just managed one actually. Nice.

I'm stuck on Level 12 now. With all those purple clouds. I'm literally running round in circles.

Shit I would start it again but I havnt saved it since the final level with Nero...FUCKING SHIT Save system. Going out now so I have to turn it off...damnit Capcom. You did it with Dead Rising and now this...

Okay, those ghost kind of enemies. Keep Devil Bringing them with Nero or Shoot them to shit with Dante's guns.

Usually does the trick.

Ha. So I was in the right place. The place with the specific direction you have to go otherwise you have to fight some enemies. Dante is so cool

Sign in to follow this