NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Heaven

Devil May Cry 4

Been playin this game for about 7.5 hours since it arrived :heh: loving it. The devil bringer is awesome. Playing on Devil Hunter mode rather than Human (Hard rather than Normal I assume). Managed to get S and SS rankings in the first level :heh: two easy achievements! Cool story so far... everything's cool! In fact, I've only stopped playing to rest my eyes x_x

I got this game today too, it's pretty awesome, and Nero isn't too bad either (though I still prefer Dante.) The story's pretty interesting too, though it is quite cutscene heavy. Then again, the cutscenes look so amazing that I don't care that much.

I got the SE for 360 too. Although, I thought it was meant to ship with a DVD that had episodes of the DMC anime on it, what happened to that? Or did I just imagine it? :wtf:

I thought that too, turns out it was just America and we got art work instead.

Dude i'm having epic trouble doing mid air busters and secret mission 02. When I try and grab an enemy I go towards them and land on the ground. I've done it once by accident though :heh:

So I'm guessing the T-shirt is a shopto exclusive?

That why I payed £32.99 and not £29.99 like I see everyone else said they payed for the Limited edition.

I thought that too, turns out it was just America and we got art work instead.

Dude i'm having epic trouble doing mid air busters and secret mission 02. When I try and grab an enemy I go towards them and land on the ground. I've done it once by accident though :heh:

Ah, ok, thanks for that. It's a real pain that we don't get it, but I still like the artwork. :)

Methinks I need to look around the interwebs for the DMC anime...

Just brought it. It's installing now, but i've got to go to work now.

This is my first Devil May Cry game i've owned, so i'm looking forward to seeing what this series offers.

According to VGP the US release is supposedly region-free. I might import the US L.E..

Just wondering, for those who previously imported US/JP releases:

-if they release any DLC/updates, would I be able to download then from the European marketplace (do the European downloads usually work with US releases?)

-does the PAL vs NTSC graphical quality differences still apply (in which the US, in theory, would be inferior in terms of resolution) in HD?

Man, this game is fucking hard. Ok, completing the game on normal (Human) mode isn't - it's piss easy if you've completed any DMC before. I didn't even try, that looks stupid easy watching jayseven. But on Devil Hunter mode, while the story mode is also not too hard... it's the secret missions!!

Secret Mission 07 - free running. I'm not kidding, this mission is the most fucking difficult evil thing I have ever attempted in any game. It's the one where you have to get accross when the floor is falling away with 3 invincible (or infinitely respawning, anyway) Mephistos after you... I tried that for about 2 hours straight. I must just suck. Royal Blocker is damn hard too. Damn damn diddly damn hard.

The game was awesome up to lvl 11, now I'm just redoing the levels in messy orders with Dante. Dante freakin rocks and it's great to see the classic moves return, but I missed the devil bringer straight away!

Got a few achievements, including ones for S rank, SS rank and SSS rank combos :D some look impossible though... S-score for every level on the hardest difficulty? x_x

Is this game worth buying if you havent played any of the others? do you need to know the story from the other 3 to play and know whats going on?

The story isn't continous really. There are a few references to things in previous games but nothing that you really need to know.

Apparently the PS3 version gives you the story of the previous 3 games while its installing. Can anyone confirm this?

Done the first few levels. Pretty fun.

And now I have to do them again as the "saving" message at the end of a level doesn't actually save the damn game.

The story in this game is complete shit.

Everything else though is amazing, well apart from the shadow effects...

So.

Impressions.

I've just got to level 13, the final bit of level 11... is fucking insane. Seriously, people who think the story and voice acting is shit, well. Just wait till it gets going.

Level 12 is extremely different. I can't believe how different Nero and Dante play actually.

Gun Slinger = win, win fucking win.

I can't believe i'm saying this but. I prefer this to Ninja Gaiden... and i LOVE Ninja Gaiden.

Does Nero/Dante (still) use the Royal Guard style in this? That counter was teh sweetness.

One of the secret missions told me to use that move. I failed as I had no idea what it was talking about.

One of the secret missions told me to use that move. I failed as I had no idea what it was talking about.

Royal Guard is basically a parry counter-attack from DMC3 (similar to Marth's in melee.). But in DMC3 you could only use one fighting style for the whole mission IRC.

Royal Guard is basically a parry counter-attack from DMC3 (similar to Marth's in melee.). But in DMC3 you could only use one fighting style for the whole mission IRC.

Now I've got to Dante's parts, I know what you're on about.

Level 12 is extremely different. I can't believe how different Nero and Dante play actually.

Gun Slinger = win, win fucking win.

I totally agree.

you can change style to royal guard on the fly now with the d-pad. gunslinger was always cool looking but guns are too weak. trickster and swordmaster all the way for me.

Apparently the PS3 version gives you the story of the previous 3 games while its installing. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, that's true. Worth the 25 minute installation that apparently has shockingly littlet advantage? Surely not.

Finish the game and you get that DMC history. Its just text and a few graphics. Pretty nice though.

I just finished it on Human, the last boss is a little disappointing... and if you like repetition you're not going to like the last level.

But over all, a great game that i'll be soon playing on Devil Hunter.

Sign in to follow this