N-Europe

Stargate TV Shows

somme

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Anyone interested in getting SGU Season 1 on dvd, Play.com are selling it for £6.29 at the moment

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/13530511/Stargate-Universe-Season-1/Product.html

Still waiting for Season 2 on BluRay

Stargate Universe was the show which demonstrated the amazingness of BluRay and High Definition in general. The fact they didn't release Season 2 is disgusting :(

Okay, so I couldn't find this thread last month and didn't want to start a new one but now it's been bumped.

I watched ALL of Stargate Atlantis. In like the space of a month. WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. That it only had 5 seasons is unacceptable. I need closure.

Seriously, closure is needed.

Joe Malozzi did post some information about the SGA movie on his blog a few months ago, I'll try and find it later when I'm on my PC but the main thing was the return of Atlantis to Pegasus because of some program set to blow the city up if they don't go back (sounded like a poor premise to me)

Wicked I'll keep an eye on that.... anyone know if there's any plans to bring SG1 to Bluray though?

Unsure. Only Seasons 8, 9, 10, Ark of Truth and Continuum were filmed in HD so they may not see it as beneficial

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/20952188/Stargate-Atlantis-The-Complete-Box-Set/Product.html

£90 in the Play.com sale. All 5 seasons on BluRay

Just started SG-1 the other week - about 14 episodes in. I have to be honest, largely I've got it playing in the background while my attention is elsewhere, switching back when it seems a bit more interesting. I understand that SG-1 is one of those shows you have to watch the first few dross seasons in order to better benefit from the show when it gets gooood.

Question is; when does it get goooood?

The end of season one starts to get pretty good, season two is better but I think season three onwards is just where it becomes excellent.

Except for season 9 and 10. Which are good, but it's basically two seasons of a spin off (they could call it Stargate: Farscape) and doesn't feel the same.

Except for season 9 and 10. Which are good, but it's basically two seasons of a spin off (they could call it Stargate: Farscape) and doesn't feel the same.

Despite it being a bit different (shows do need to change things up after a few years else they'd stagnate), I'd say S9 and S10 were still excellent

• 3 months later...
Just finished a rewatch of SGU. The show is so good, especially when you're not waiting a week for each episode.

Gutted we won't see a conclusion :/

I've been going through SG-1 and SGA with a friend for the first time. She had never seen them before but loved SGU, and she finally relented and let me make her watch the originals. Last night we watched the final episode of SG-1. There were tears!

But yes SGU is amazing. I'm upset it was cancelled but was pleased with the ending. To be honest that's how I wanted it to end anyway.

The end scene with the ship flying away was perfect"

The scoop from Thomas is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego".

Colour me intrigued

Just read on the Twiiter that long time Stargate franchise composer Joel Goldsmith has passed away. :( The music he composed for SGU was just phenomenal.

This will always be one of my favourite pieces. I just wish they'd have released a proper soundtrack for SGU.