Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Book Are You Reading?

Tellyn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just bought Artemis Fowl: The Lost Tribe and Half Moon Investigations (both by Eoin Colfer) today to read after London Bridges. I recommend all of James Patterson's books to people, great suspense thrillers. Good if you like 24 and CSI, stuff like that.

Harry Potter? Ive been reading through em over the years to keep up with the hype of the mainstream peeps (cheaper than getting a PS2 :P) and in my opinion the series peaked at book three and has been going downhill ever since. What you guys think? (most people have bound to have atleast tried Harry Potter to see what all the chatters about so dont bother denying it!)

I'd probably agree with you there... after book 3 they stopped editing her stuff, so it went on far too much.

Also, the books aren't that good... The first was a good childrens book, but the series doesn't deserve the exaltation it recieves.

Surely if something is poorly written, that makes it bad...

well it depends on what you mean by poorly written.

If a book has bad grammar or a lack of discriptive words, it may still be engaging and enjoyable.

I've just bought Artemis Fowl: The Lost Tribe and Half Moon Investigations (both by Eoin Colfer) today to read after London Bridges. I recommend all of James Patterson's books to people, great suspense thrillers. Good if you like 24 and CSI, stuff like that.

^5's

The Alex Cross books are brilliant! I just read Jack and Jill (the last one i had to read) and am going to read Cat and Mouse. Theyre kinda trashy books but very good fun.

Also i just finished reading the new Artemis Fowl book and while its not the best one its still good fun. I dont care if the books are for 12 year olds, they are very enjoyable and a nice easy read.

Ivee also just finsihed 'The Yes man' and 'join me' by Danny Wallace. Both are suberb and in a way ratehr inspiering

I'm reading the Buddha of Suburbia for my English. It's fucking insane. Sex scenes with dads fucking one-breasted neighbours are followed by a gay scene on the very next page. The last bit I read the main character was being mated by a dog.

Gotta love modern literature :smile:

I'm reading the Buddha of Suburbia for my English. It's fucking insane. Sex scenes with dads fucking one-breasted neighbours are followed by a gay scene on the very next page. The last bit I read the main character was being mated by a dog.

Gotta love modern literature :smile:

have you saw the TV series??? hehe

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!