Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Transformers Movie thread

Mokong

all the cartoon series conflict with each other, and they in turn conflicted with the comics (the british one anyway) so if spielberg et all are doing a new start from fresh i say let them. they're using a lot of the original autobots from the start of the 80's show, but the fact that the "mars" bit in the trailer exists shows this is a new way to tell the story.

i'm looking forward to it, especially if this is the beginning of a series. a lot will change, as the 80's cartoon wasn't that sophisticated, like a lot of cartoons back then, it was great for it's time and great now for fans of it back then. but these days to turn that into a series of live-action movies will require more depth, more characterisation, and changes to the plot. like i said, i can't wait!

hot rod didn't come to way later, when the series jumped from present day to the then-future of 2005 with the movie.

and the fact that megatron is a jet makes sense, the gun thing would be too much. we're expecting people to come see a movie about transforming alien robots. asking them to buy that all that alien metal can shrink too...? mmm... no.

and you think the autobots and decepticons will be able to fly in their robot forms? hope not.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least all the characters won't be killed off in the name of making new toys for parents to buy their children.

I'll be buying them >> or some of the better ones like Primce and Starscream, I had a big transformer Nostalga fix all day yesterday and I can't wait for the movie, I want soem of the toys though, shame the old ones cost a boatload =/

and Grimlock needs to make somekind of apperance in this film, And Constructicons, Yes please, bonecrusher is there so please let the others make an apperance.

and also An apperance from that Transformer fro mthe car advert so the Transformers acan smash it to bits >>;;

Where the fuck are Hot Rod or Ultramagnus?!!

Edit - I didn't read the topic fully before posting. But it would seem Viper knows where its at with good Transformers.

The only reason Magnus should be in the movie is to see this in Live action

fall....FALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Ok that was a bit of a doubleish post. But in regards to the film, I think they'll end up changing the story a bit from the original. As for Beastwars, I think DinoBot was kind of cool. And Rat Trap

huh? When i said Dinobots i meant the group of 5 dinosaur like autobots that were in the orginal show and animated movie. They were made on Earth by i think the autobot who turns into a mircoscope (Protractor i think was his name?) but were a bit dumb and hard to control so they were shut down and locked away, untill one ep where Prime and Co. needed help someone woke up the Dinobots and they came to the rescue.

I had a toy of the "long neck dinobot" but i broke him cuz i kept transformering him to see how fast i could do it till one day SNAP:cry:

The only reason Magnus should be in the movie is to see this in Live action

fall....FALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

ah if they did that then i'd have no problem with him being in the film, the nerve of him to think he could open the Matrix:mad: And to call that "their" darkest hour. haha, he just wanted to save his own hide... was very upset though when those damned junkions rebuilt him:mad:

Where the fuck are Hot Rod or Ultramagnus?!!

Edit - I didn't read the topic fully before posting. But it would seem Viper knows where its at with good Transformers.

then you really should read it fully before posting. hot rod didn't appear in the continuity until way later. but seeing as how this movie is starting its own continuity it seems (fair enough, each reincarnation has done of transformers) you never know.

but let's face it folks, people are gonna have to care about the robots in this movie(!!) so they can't introduce too many in the first movie.

oh, and can i just say: "Me Grimlock kick butt!"

the group of 5 dinosaur like autobots that were in the orginal show and animated movie. They were made on Earth by i think the autobot who turns into a mircoscope (Protractor i think was his name?)

Your thinking of Perceptor right? His not in it until series 2; Wheeljack (RIP in the movie, poor ol' fella) created the Dinobots (or Dhyna-bats as he pronounces it).

I hope they move towards a unicron based story line in the series of movies. Also I want Hot Rod (or Hot Shot) to be really ruff around the edges. He has to have that rebelious slightly hot tempered side.

I'm currently in the process of watching all the transformer clips on that youtube profile...just finsihed the "5 faces of darkness" saga, now watching the "Dark Awakening" i'm gonna save them all to a play list for easy access, oh the good times, good memories.

I too want to see/hear "The Touch" in the new movie, i just hope the action going on matches the action of the animated film when they first played "the touch" that was a perfect meeting of music and action

incidently, i forgot i had this, here's a vid from my youtube profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdCCZvghnRU

, teh 1st minute is showing off my bike with the Transformers theme as soundtrack due to my awesome Autobot decal on the front, after that comes something i'm sure you'll enjoy

...now back to watching Dark Awakening i go

I'm currently in the process of watching all the transformer clips on that youtube profile...just finsihed the "5 faces of darkness" saga, now watching the "Dark Awakening" i'm gonna save them all to a play list for easy access, oh the good times, good memories.

I too want to see/hear "The Touch" in the new movie, i just hope the action going on matches the action of the animated film when they first played "the touch" that was a perfect meeting of music and action

...now back to watching Dark Awakening i go

The Touch was an awesome/epic piece of any movie. Like you said the way it hits is amazing, at the beginning and at the end.

Dark Awakening is where Prime comes back for the first time isnt it? I really need to pick up the last boxset of the tv series as I have the first 2.

Im on watching your vid now Mokong.....

The Touch was an awesome/epic piece of any movie. Like you said the way it hits is amazing, at the beginning and at the end.

Dark Awakening is where Prime comes back for the first time isnt it? I really need to pick up the last boxset of the tv series as I have the first 2.

Yeah its the first time that he came back...but he came back wrong (oh just realised that sounds like "Pet Semetary")

I'm tried looking for the ep when he comes back for real, the that involves spores that turn people evil and gives them a red glow, but i can't find it:mad:

Anyway here i made a playlist of most of the vids i just watched so their easy to find, didn't add the "5 faces of darkness" episodes cuz i didn't think of makin a playlist till after i watched them and i'm too lazy to go back

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1FCE57832ADDDA43

I'm tried looking for the ep when he comes back for real, the that involves spores that turn people evil and gives them a red glow, but i can't find it:mad:

I've been looking for that same episode. It was the last episode that I think sky one showed on fun factory, then began the decline of children's television.

Tell me if you do find it because I remember they made Optimus all gold like gold bug. Who was like the only one not affected.

I've been looking for that same episode. It was the last episode that I think sky one showed on fun factory, then began the decline of children's television.

Tell me if you do find it because I remember they made Optimus all gold like gold bug. Who was like the only one not affected.

I will try hunt it down aswell, The Touch plays in that episode so its always worth a watch!

EDIT:http://filmthreat.com/index.php?section=videos&Id=457

Its the return of Prime but not as you know it, its well worth a watch as its hilarious seeing prime kick off on Rodimus.

EDIT2: http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e62031F8fBFaYC

This link is the whole 2 episode. You can watch the first few mins but you have to sign up to watch the whole lot.

yeh but remember lorries themselves have changed, so he must too. and yeh he doesn't seem as "armoured" as back then, but remember the comics and cartoons used "artistic licence" to change how the toys looked. if they're making a movie, it must seem plausable that the robot actually came from inside the vehicle.

You still get flat cab lorries in the UK. I think they've just made him like a big exciting American style truck to try and make it modern and appealing to the general public. When really I'd rather see it stick to the original series design.

Why do they worry about the "general public" yeah i know they need to get the most buts in seats as they can but when you make a film like this the people you need to impress most first is the fans, if that's prime then WTF?

And is anyone else wondering in the "robot mode" where the hell that massive front end went?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!