NEurope
Hal_9Million

Anyone else forgotten about Revolution?

I'm not going to write an essay, but I just realised today that I've completely forgotten that Wii used to be called Revolution. Well obviously not because I'm talking about it now. But my point is, I thought I'd never get used to Wii, and Revolution would stick, but now it's the opposite case. Wii is Wii, not Revolution. It couldn't be called Revolution anymore, as now it's been Wii for 5 months and I'm used to it, and I no longer consider it as the console that used to be called Revolution. Not the most amazing thing ever, but I've only just realised that today, lol.

..we know its called the wii but wait till the casual hears about this.then it will hapoen all over again.they will make the stupid jokes that are months old.After all people are still making uranus gsga!

Casual gamers do already know about this..

I actually thoguht the same, when i hear revolution i think "wooaaahhh, blast from teh past"

I actually thoguht the same, when i hear revolution i think "wooaaahhh, blast from teh past"

No they don't!stand in the middle of a crowded street and ask a couple of normal looking teenagers have they heard of WII!?

No im tired of explaining it's the new console after gamecube to these people!casuals only know ps3 and 360

Considering its been officially known as the Nintendo Wii for a few months, this was blatant to happen.

I used to call it Revolution by accident though.

They'll all know what it's called soon enough. Wii adverts and pre-order posters are popping up all over the place. I don't think joe public will have too much of a problem with it once they've heard it enough. I reckon they'll be less fussed about the name than we were. Afterall, we all lived with Revolution for a year or so, they never even experienced Revolution. All they'll get is Wii, and they'll say, "sounds like something the Japanese would come up with" and might think it a bit odd at first, but soon they'll accept it too.

At times, i've been a bit confused when i look at some old news and see it refered to as Revolution. In hindsight, i guess it does sound a bit extreme for the name of this console. Its a pretty awesome codename though!

Yeh I was looking through some past ONM and when I saw revolution I was thinking, god that sounds so old now....

still think it should have been called the N5!that name was simple and awsome but i suppose it still sounds too intimadating to the non-gamers.

Saying Wii here seems normal to me but I never say Wii in real life. Probably because I hardly ever talk about games anymore. Ive grown out of being a game freak. Probably why they dont seem as good as they did back in the NES, SNES and N64 days.

Nintendo is preparing a perfect marketing plot, and Wii is just the beggining.

No im tired of explaining it's the new console after gamecube to these people!casuals only know ps3 and 360

That is truth.

Casual may not know about wii, but even if it was named revo they would know the same...Nothing.

agreed for both points.

i havent heard any wii jokes in a long time. and i never call it revolution anymore.

You will hear Wii jokes soon enough dont worry. Theres an endless limit of immature people.

When I think about the codename " Revolution ", I think about Nintendo ON, and the great rumor rides we had back before the TGS show where the controller was first shown. I remember SeriousLamer, and the chat room everyone was in during the TGS show and everyone going WTF and most of them including me having stayed up all night to witness the unvealing.

Aaaah, good times, good times.

took me only a few days to realise Wii is perfect for this console's name. like it's been said, it took us longer because we were used to the codename for so long (which yeh, sounds so wrong now!). all but one of the casual people that have come into GAME where i work and asked about the pictures on the counters haven't reacted immaturely. one guy called it the nintendo piss, but he also called the 360 the "three-shity" and said the ps3 was gonna walk over everything etc etc etc yaawwwnnnnn...... and he's been the only one to react badly to the name, but i think no matter what it was called he woulda done the same. anyone else has heard the name and been intrigued. they may not have placed interest (pre-pre-orders kinda thing) but i'm sure once the marketing starts we'll see a good reaction in general.

nintendo have come up trumps with the name, we'll see that this christmas.

i would love for someone to bring back the thread about the name change just after it got announced so people can compare it to what they think now.

i said it was bloody stupid then a couple days later i loved it. still do!

yeah revolution does seem old now. seems very 80's

I actually occasionally call it the Revolution still. I've even posted it here before. Changed it before anyone noticed though. I like Wii more now, though. Also, I wasn't angry when I first heard it. It was more like "Buh? Fuh? Duh? Huh?" Flabbergasted.

Also, I wasn't angry when I first heard it. It was more like "Buh? Fuh? Duh? Huh?" Flabbergasted.

Yeah, that's how i felt when i heard/saw the name.

I loaded this site up, and saw the logo. I was like "what is it?"

Then later, this dawned on me:What is it

Pretty funky, eh? :)

Yeah, the name Revolution has actually slipped out of my mind now that you mention it. I like the name Wii, although I still can't say it without giggling like a little girl.

Whenever I read about the Revo now, I have a very nostalgic feeling. I associate the whole hype before TGS, the Nintendo ON and such with the Revo and everything after that with the Wii.

In general Revo slipped out of my mind.

The name change sparked a massive reaction from the gaming community which, in my mind, was a fantastic marketing ploy. Now all they need to do is change it one last time just before launch. The Nintendo Pizazz.