NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LukeLee

Propaganda against Muslims

Whereabouts in Birmingham do you live?

lol an area called Small Heath near the Blues ground (aka Birmingham City Football CLub), as bad as Alum Rock and that now hehe

i live in yardley now closer to the airport and the NEC and its a nice area here :D

ASIAN languages? Oh the HORROR!

Seriously though, I fail to see the problem - so we end up living in a country that feature a variety of languages as well as English, where not everyone is white and whole streets are subjected to racial and cultural diversity. This is the future - we live in a globalised economy now, where communication is instantaneous, travel and migration easy and people of all races, creeds and backgrounds are required to interact with each other just to keep it all running smoothly. With a bit of luck there will be no such thing as countries eventually.

GAGGLE64 FOR PRESIDENT!! :D no seriously, well said.

lol an area called Small Heath near the Blues ground (aka Birmingham City Football CLub), as bad as Alum Rock and that now hehe

That part of Birmingham is a fucking wasteland. No, seriously, South Birmingham is a shithole, and so is Erdington, where I used to live.

Seriously though, I fail to see the problem - so we end up living in a country that feature a variety of languages as well as English, where not everyone is white and whole streets are subjected to racial and cultural diversity. This is the future - we live in a globalised economy now, where communication is instantaneous, travel and migration easy and people of all races, creeds and backgrounds are required to interact with each other just to keep it all running smoothly. With a bit of luck there will be no such thing as countries eventually.

Where the hell did that paragraph come from. :wtf:

I never had a problem with there being languages, I like walking into a shop and hearing the asian owners speak in their native language then speaking fluently in English to you, but if Asians are going to come live in England for 3 decades they should at least learn English, lives will be made easier for them. For example if I was to move to Italy I'd try to learn Italian.

Re-reading your post I think you missed my point. I never had a problem with multi-cultural diversity in Birmingham, there has been for years and years, but the whole thing about Birmingham becoming a city with it's multi-national population as a majority just doesn't really strike me as okay. Although I never minded learning in the same classroom as Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs because they helped the teachers teach the other children about their culture, so there was a much smaller barrier between us.

Also, the sign in Sutton Coldfield is the only sign that has been translated into other languages in Sutton Coldfield, every other sign is in English.

Finally, I think you mistook me as a cretin. Cheeky git!

i dont give a shit. im my mind this world would be alot better without this religiouse bull shit. i am not religiouse and i think religion has alot to answer for. alot of wars have been fought in the name of religion. if there was no religion there would be no muslim propaganda.

an a totally different tandem if they hate the west so much why dont they fuck off back to the east. i am from africa and i have never once said "westerners bollock shit ass" (you get the picture) i love devon. i would say england but as mentioned not all of england is good. FIFO ie fit in or fuck off.

That part of Birmingham is a fucking wasteland. No, seriously, South Birmingham is a shithole, and so is Erdington, where I used to live.

Where the hell did that paragraph come from. :wtf:

Finally, I think you mistook me as a cretin. Cheeky git!

Sorry, I added that in shortly after. Maybe I was a little blunt. I don't think you're a cretin, but in this freakish world that inolves the BNP party, there are various eggshells that need to be not broken, near where you were standing. Saying that you believe that immigrants should have to learn English before entering the country is not an unfair point, but through no fault of your own carries with it wisps of the bad old kind of Victorian nationalism perpetrated today by Kilroy (which I seem to have picked up on). I apologise.

Gotta say though, it would take me even longer then 30 years to learn an Asian language! :p

i dont give a shit. im my mind this world would be alot better without this religiouse bull shit. i am not religiouse and i think religion has alot to answer for. alot of wars have been fought in the name of religion. if there was no religion there would be no muslim propaganda.

an a totally different tandem if they hate the west so much why dont they fuck off back to the east. i am from africa and i have never once said "westerners bollock shit ass" (you get the picture) i love devon. i would say england but as mentioned not all of england is good. FIFO ie fit in or fuck off.

For a lot of Muslims its not the fact that they hate the west (if so why would they live there). Its the fact that the hate what some leaders in the west are doing in the west and in more importantly in the east. Even I can sympathise with that.

Sorry, I added that in shortly after. Maybe I was a little blunt. I don't think you're a cretin, but in this freakish world that inolves the BNP party, there are various eggshells that need to be not broken, near where you were standing. Saying that you believe that immigrants should have to learn English before entering the country is not an unfair point, but through no fault of your own carries with it wisps of the bad old kind of Victorian nationalism perpetrated today by Kilroy (which I seem to have picked up on). I apologise.

Gotta say though, it would take me even longer then 30 years to learn an Asian language! :p

I like the way you think. Well said!: peace:

then why live here especially those with banners saying death to the west? i am not saying they all hate the west but those who do should get outta here.

then why live here especially those with banners saying death to the west? i am not saying they all hate the west but those who do should get outta here.

I agree that if you do hate the 'west' so much then you would probably be happier if you moved. However some just protest to make the west better.

I watched that programme on Channel 4 last night and damn some people are just so blinded by their religion.

The guy on the bench talking about crap and trying to justify the London Bombings and 9/11. Im glad that the other guy (who was a muslim) came along and had a go at him.

He said something along the lines of "You come here to live in Brtiain so abide by British law and accept the British way of life, You are living in their country, you got a free education, free health but yet you hate this country and justify terrorism. People like you are the reason why Muslims are getting segregated cos you dont want to be accepted. Think before you speak" (well something like that)

I applaud that man. He speaks the truth

I watched that programme on Channel 4 last night and damn some people are just so blinded by their religion.

The guy on the bench talking about crap and trying to justify the London Bombings and 9/11. Im glad that the other guy (who was a muslim) came along and had a go at him.

He said something along the lines of "You come here to live in Brtiain so abide by British law and accept the British way of life, You are living in their country, you got a free education, free health but yet you hate this country and justify terrorism. People like you are the reason why Muslims are getting segregated cos you dont want to be accepted. Think before you speak" (well something like that)

I applaud that man. He speaks the truth

I too applaud that man. The other guy was just some wannabe extremist.

I too applaud that man. The other guy was just some wannabe extremist.

indeed, there are too many people out there who are prepared to say this country's shit and all this crap, if they dont like it thay can move out! its their choice to stay here.

heeeeeyy!!! nto all of south birminghams nasty!!! just those areas i said really, erdington has gone downhill though.

Yardleys nice still, Sheldons a little hit and miss and solihull and shirly and that, well they'll never be run down on account of the snobs that live there and the snobby Solihull Town Council.

anywho . . .

I wanted to make my views more clear on the topic in general. I live in a town called Keighley, it has alot of racial tension and is the home to the BNP leader. I've grown up seeing alot of racial tension, racism exists on both sides, i have known people in this town basically blame asians for all of the town's problems. The real problem is the communities are too segrigated, there is no real interaction. I am aware there are difficult relations and that there are some extremist muslims. However it is false to suggest that the average muslim supports the murderous actions of the terrorists, which is what the trailer was implying - and most people who have seen the trailer will not see the programme.

*Muslim Enters*

Hey. :heh:

Well, it is quite upsetting to see Asians blamed for a lot of things (as Lukelee said), especially if people are looking for scapegoats and what not.

To be honest, there are some 'Muslim extremists' who use Religion as an excuse for attacks. Who condemns them? A vast amount of people, including Muslims. The attacks are actually a bit of a pointless cirlcle, as it just stirs up hatred and gives non-muslims a bad image of muslims.

The sad thing is, Islam is getting a bad reputation right now. And, it definitely is a case of the minority bringing the whole Religion down. Thing is, most Muslims DON'T agree with all these attacks. Islam is meant to be a peaceful religion, afterall.

Always nice to hear from you Fierce! :)

I would just like to say that I'm gald these such debates about race and relgion are currently in the public eye, as well as on this forum. Although it is a delicate subject, I think it's very important for any society to express and discuss it's faith and the faith of others, as I've always believed that discussion is the key to understanding.

racism exists on both sides, .

I agree, but a self pitying victim complex and political correctness exists on both sides as well, something that's rarely pointed out as much. Look at the BNP website for pages and pages of them screaming "Anti-white racism! Anti-white racism is everywhere! Look - There is is again! And there! Look, a photo on a news website with no white people in it! Anti-white racism! The media are anti-white! The government are anti-white! The Eu is anti-british! The film industry is anti-christian!" They've got just as much of a persecution complex and chip on their shoulder as the minority of people in ethnic groups who think that if they ever don't get their own way it's because of the colour of their skin and who look for, and find, racism everywhere.

if you read the bible, god says they were banished to walk the earth forever more and never to have a true homeland.

If you read the Bible, you'll actually find thats not what it says.

Besides which you don't strike me as the kind of man who takes heed of what the Bible says?

heeeeeyy!!! nto all of south birminghams nasty!!! just those areas i said really, erdington has gone downhill though.

A lot of places in Birmingham are shitholes. Small Heath and that ugly football ground they have there. Then there's also Ladywood and Lozells. As well as North Birmingham areas like Short Heath, Kingstanding, Perry Common, Perry Barr and the aforementioned Erdington, which has gone downhill. That place used to be swarming with Aston Villa fans, last time I went there, there were none!

People coming into Britain don't have to learn English, I was saying that they should because it would help make life easier for them, a lot of people in England haven't learnt other languages, and if the immigrant cannot speak English and cannot communicate with people who don't speak his/her language, then he/she will have problems.

I don't know about you guys but i find alot less racism these days with young people but i do with the older generation, i think it is still rife just kept quiet.

Infact, there's a sign in the middle of Sutton Coldfield that has "Please do not feed the birds" written in Asian languages.

There's a metro station in Wallsend near Hadrians Wall where as a tourism advert for the Roman sites the council have put up photos of the city with everything photoshopped to be written in latin (shop signs, road signs etc). They've also added latin translations underneath all the "No tresspassing on the railway, fine £200", "No smoking" "All passengers must have a valid ticket" etc signs. I was standing there a few weeks ago and these two charvas were saying "How man, in puar shockin leek that thev got all wuz signs in foreign an' that coz of aal the fookin' asylum seekers leek."

:indeed:

People coming into Britain don't have to learn English, I was saying that they should because it would help make life easier for them, a lot of people in England haven't learnt other languages, and if the immigrant cannot speak English and cannot communicate with people who don't speak his/her language, then he/she will have problems.

Although I agree, the English are some of the WORST people in the world for learning other languages. Most of us think that speaking 'foreign' while in another country is just talking in English loudly and slowly. Some ex-pats living in villas in Spain etc seem to make little effort to learn the lingo, stay in communities full of English speakers (Complete with English owned aminities selling fry ups etc) and mostly get by expecting the locals to have at least a basic grasp of English. Brits on holiday are even worse. Can you imagine if someone from eastern europe or soemthing came into your workplace and just spoke to you in their native language as if you were stupid?

There's a metro station in Wallsend near Hadrians Wall where as a tourism advert for the Roman sites the council have put up photos of the city with everything photoshopped to be written in latin (shop signs, road signs etc). They've also added latin translations underneath all the "No tresspassing on the railway, fine £200", "No smoking" "All passengers must have a valid ticket" etc signs. I was standing there a few weeks ago and these two charvas were saying "How man, in puar shockin leek that thev got all wuz signs in foreign an' that coz of aal the fookin' asylum seekers leek."

:indeed:

Although I agree, the English are some of the WORST people in the world for learning other languages. Most of us think that speaking 'foreign' while in another country is just talking in English loudly and slowly. Some ex-pats living in villas in Spain etc seem to make little effort to learn the lingo, stay in communities full of English speakers (Complete with English owned aminities selling fry ups etc) and mostly get by expecting the locals to have at least a basic grasp of English. Brits on holiday are even worse. Can you imagine if someone from eastern europe or soemthing came into your workplace and just spoke to you in their native language as if you were stupid?

I'd like to buy a Villa in Spain, and name it Aston.

The thing I don't understand about the "Don't Feed The Birds" sign translated into other languages is that it's the only sign that has been translated, it's not like "Please put your rubbish in the bin" , "Look both ways " and "Open 9am-6pm" have also been translated.

It's funny, but it's true about us on holiday somewhere else, I wouldn't want to make a tit of myself by shouting at a French waiter whilst pointing at the menu "POISON, I (point at myself) WILL HAVE (point at menu) POISON, THE FISH!"

Although having said that, I've never been abroad and If I ever did, I wouldn't go to France.

I always make an effort to speak French or German to native speakers. Even if I'm not fantasitc at it, people tend to be much more helpful if you at least make an effort, rather than not trying at all and just presuming they'll speak English. Although I have to say all I learned for my trip to Prague was "Pivo, prossime" (a beer, please).

People were still pretty friendly. When I was with my girlfriend everyone spoke english to us before we'd even said a word. I guess it was because she's a ginga and I didn't see many czech redheads over there. Even the drug dealers were relatively bi-lingual and walked around murmering "Smoke joint? Buy skunk?" as they went past us. I must look a bit more eastern european, because when I went off on my own people would speak Czech to me until I apologised and asked if they spoke any English.

What were we talking about again?

I personally think that if you move to another country then you should speak their language. I would never move to another country without knowing at least the basic grasp and/or learning it over there.

I personally think that if you move to another country then you should speak their language. I would never move to another country without knowing at least the basic grasp and/or learning it over there.

Not everyone has that possibility, refugees from warzones for example.

Edit: Otherwise, I agree with you, that's why I'm touching up my spanish now and I'll be reading latin-american spanish when I'm there.

Latin? are you sure it's Latin? If so, it's completely pointless, its not even a native language of any existing countries now. It's just something taught to rich kids in private schools, god knows why :hmm: Apart from many scientific and medical terms being linked to latin, there isnt really much use to knowing latin.

Sign in to follow this