N-Europe

Propaganda against Muslims

LukeLee

Latin? are you sure it's Latin? If so, it's completely pointless, its not even a native language of any existing countries now. It's just something taught to rich kids in private schools, god knows why :hmm: Apart from many scientific and medical terms being linked to latin, there isnt really much use to knowing latin.

I don't think they're really expecting ancient Romans to need help buying a ticket, read my post again ;)

250px-Wallsend_platfom_2_02.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some times I find it justified to have a go at certain religious/"we're better than you different people" groups (in this case and example, Muslims, who can be under both defenitions).

The example I am giving is the protest in London over the danish cartoons.

The two pictures in this scan from Private Eye from last Febuary demonstrates my point very well (the rest is a good read, if the scan is clear enough).

My main point is simple enough-since when was Denmark under sharia law?

Oh, and if you are about to say "but it's against their religion, so we can't do it incase we offend them", I can go downstairs and cook and eat some sausages, even though it's against the laws of Judaism and Islam.

So the fuck what if some cartoons offends someone? If they say I can't draw a picture of a bearded bloke and write "mohammed-> " next to it, then I say they can't shout through a loud speaker on top of a tower every friday, and christians cant ring church bells on sundays becuase they are both breaches of the peace (and I can get 'em nicked).

No, wait, I can't do that, because religious people are special in some way so they can make a loud, annoying noise every week. They all think that somehow they are better than me...

Well, I'm actually better than them in a way, as at least I have common sense and logic, which they certainly don't, and I can make choices by myself.

Generally I hate religious people and the way they try to make me be like them.

Evangelicalists are the worst. I say one try, maybe, but if I say no to the BS, then don't try again.

Don't even think about getting me started on teaching evolution as fact in schools (in the southen US mainly), or I'll be here all evening typing...

Sorry about the rant, I just need to let out steam on the issue...

last year in turkey i noticed they tried so hard to speak english, some were terrible but so was my turkish, and because we were trying, no matter how bad we were they understood and respected that we at least tried.

Going to the massive market was fantastic where you heard them shouting (in quite good english) "cheaper than tesco", "cheaper than primark", even "cheaper than matalan" lol! one small kid who was selling shoes even shouted out "cheap shit!", and "cheap shoite!" when he heard our accents lol!

as for religious people, i don't believe in any actual religion per say, but i have a deep respect for those that do but who also understand that it is their FAITH. in other words, it's what they BELIEVE to be so, and not what they think should be forced down everyone around them. Working on the trains before as a conductor I had to ask a man to stop harassing three young ladies one night. They were dressed up to go out, actually very smartly dressed they weren't hanging outta their tops or anything like that! he had been walking up the train trying to leave christian leaflets on every seat and i'd asked him already to stop (like we had to do with anyone trying to hand out leaflets of any sort, as it makes it look like the railway is doing it and may cause offence).

anyhoo, he started ranting to these ladies because they were going out drinking for the night. they started getting rather upset and scared of him, and i had to ask him to leave at the next manned station... which was his stop anyway.

i know that's a rare incident, but i know there are plenty of people out there who wish to force it down the throats of everyone, and especially those who stand in the streets shouting that we'll all burn in hell if we don't believe. charming! whatever happened to loving and respecting everyone? isn't that what religion is meant to teach?

A couple of weeks ago these two religious people showed up at the door. Not realising who it was, I answered the door. They showed me a leaflet that said: "Does God Really Care For Us? If So, Why Does He Make Us Suffer?" I said "Because he doesn't exist." and shut the door in their faces.

A couple of weeks ago these two religious people showed up at the door. Not realising who it was, I answered the door. They showed me a leaflet that said: "Does God Really Care For Us? If So, Why Does He Make Us Suffer?" I said "Because he doesn't exist." and shut the door in their faces.

Nice use of logic there!

That actually happened to me today, but I dealt with it in a respectful manner.