N-Europe

Big Tac???

serenitytom

Hi guys,

I'm newly registered here, but I visited this forum almost every day for several months now. By the way, sorry for my moderate english!

I read every post from "big tac" and found it very very interesting. One of the few trustworthy persons in the internet. But since E3 2006 he didn't post.

Where has he gone?? Is he posting anywhere else?? Did he change his username?? Don't you wonder too?? Maybe he doesn't post due to some NDAs?!?

There was one thing I didn't get till today. The clue with that "3d rendering per camera" or something like that....

If you are reading that "big tac", please let us know what has happened to you. You must not post something related to Wii's secrets,.... :laughing:

Some say he is a SuperHero

Some say he is Reggie in disguise

Some say he was employed by Sony to give out eroneous info

Some say he is a Phoney

I say he was the oasis in the desert.

He quenched my thirst for Revolution info.

A true Legend.

: peace:

PS: If your reading this Thanx

He never said things like "astonishing graphics", "visor" or "my friend's friend's hamster's brother works for..."! So I still believe him - and there are not many I believe to. Guys like Osoko Tanaka, Kiyoishy, Seriousgamer,... are fakes - I think you guys are with me in this point.

Some things big tac has said for E3 did not come true. So what did we expect of E3 06. We all thought, that we would see Wii/Revolution in all it's glory. But we did not. I think that Nintendo wanted to show everything. But when Sony delayed it's PS3 launch to November, bigN simply couldn't reveal everything! Sony would have been able to implement it in their PS3. Nintendo itself said several times, that what they are doing with revolution can be simply implemented and it already exists, but it has never been used with videogames. They also said, that they would never ever give Sony or Microsoft the chance to steal their idea for Wii. I don't think, that the controller is it, because N showed it off at last year's TGS. So they gave both Microsoft and Sony the chance to copy the controller. Now it's August, only 3-4 months to go till PS3 and Wii launch. So both, Wii and PS3 will go into mass production soon, if it hasn't started yet. I think that we will now more on Wii's secrets after GC in Germany. The title "Wii prove our promise" says all to me. I think, that they will show off more games, eventually some new Controller changes or Nunchuk-attachements, how they will use wiiconnect24 and perhaps metroid/zelda/mario,.... in a more advanced version (especially graphics wise). Mario at E3 already looked awesome, the same with SmashBrothers. So I think that there is a lot of room to upgrade the graphics in Zelda, Metroid, Exite Truck,...... Maybe the trailers of Disaster day of crisis and FF-Chrystal Chronicles were ingame (to be honest, I don't think so - but who knows). I'm not that shure about the revealing of launch date and price - maybe they will wait till the time of TGS.

So I am really looking forward to Wiis launch! Can't wait! And maybe I'm getting a PS3 too (don't flame me!)

He never said things like "astonishing graphics", "visor" or "my friend's friend's hamster's brother works for..."! So I still believe him - and there are not many I believe to. Guys like Osoko Tanaka, Kiyoishy, Seriousgamer,... are fakes - I think you guys are with me in this point.

Some things big tac has said for E3 did not come true. So what did we expect of E3 06. We all thought, that we would see Wii/Revolution in all it's glory. But we did not. I think that Nintendo wanted to show everything. But when Sony delayed it's PS3 launch to November, bigN simply couldn't reveal everything! Sony would have been able to implement it in their PS3. Nintendo itself said several times, that what they are doing with revolution can be simply implemented and it already exists, but it has never been used with videogames. They also said, that they would never ever give Sony or Microsoft the chance to steal their idea for Wii. I don't think, that the controller is it, because N showed it off at last year's TGS. So they gave both Microsoft and Sony the chance to copy the controller. Now it's August, only 3-4 months to go till PS3 and Wii launch. So both, Wii and PS3 will go into mass production soon, if it hasn't started yet. I think that we will now more on Wii's secrets after GC in Germany. The title "Wii prove our promise" says all to me. I think, that they will show off more games, eventually some new Controller changes or Nunchuk-attachements, how they will use wiiconnect24 and perhaps metroid/zelda/mario,.... in a more advanced version (especially graphics wise). Mario at E3 already looked awesome, the same with SmashBrothers. So I think that there is a lot of room to upgrade the graphics in Zelda, Metroid, Exite Truck,...... Maybe the trailers of Disaster day of crisis and FF-Chrystal Chronicles were ingame (to be honest, I don't think so - but who knows). I'm not that shure about the revealing of launch date and price - maybe they will wait till the time of TGS.

So I am really looking forward to Wiis launch! Can't wait! And maybe I'm getting a PS3 too (don't flame me!)

I wouldave read that if it was in paragraphs.

Welcome to the boards serenitytom. Your not Big Tac in disguise are you?

Alot of what he said was faily accurate, alot more than many blogs we saw. But we'll hopefully find out everything soon, so rumours aren't really needed much, personally i'm only getting excited at definite sourced information (go third party support!).

And we wont flame you for buying a PS3, Your lucky to have enough money to live in gold plated house and eat diamonds for breakfast.

BigTac appeared to be a fake. He said the Wii would use a graphical technique to make the graphics look next-gen. He also said that Splinter Cell: Double Agent would be coming to the Wii, but looking at the games Ubisoft has announced, I believe Ubisoft wouldn't hide that. I don't think Ubisoft themselves had decided to bring Splinter Cell to the Wii half a year ago and not announce it with their 7 other launch window titles.

I can't believe people actually trusted him. If he's real, he would have broken his NDA's a million times without getting caught and sued. BigTac would have to be really brave to take such a risk and he would be the first in the world to achieve that kind of succes regarding NDA's.

BigTac appeared to be a fake. He said the Wii would use a graphical technique to make the graphics look next-gen.

I dont remember this. And there's no techqnique needed, I'm pretty sure that good devs can get next gen graphics out of it. By next gen I mean better than last gen.

I've gathered most of the things he said to see what he got right/wrong (not in chronicle order)

9/5/06

Remember everyone there are stil quite a few things Nintendo still has to talk about in greater detail and a few secrets. Virtual Console, DS connectivity, Online features...And of course a couple more hardware features.

No I don't know what they are.

But based on what I've heard I can say this:

I smell a SpaceWorld type event being held by Nintendo

or at least thats what I hope

30-4-06

Hey everyone! I would would just like to say that E3 will be amazing. There will be some absolute crazy things at E3 and when there revealed people will say wow. Talking with developers it sounds too me that the Revolution really is something special. On regaurds to the final major secret(as there are more than one) I still don't know what it is. Well at least to say whether it's a fact or not. Nintendo Wii, well it's a very different name but i must say I was suprised when I first heard it. Too me it doesn't what the name is anyway though I would have preferred Nintendo RS or N5. OH on the recent news about Madden Revolution 07 well apparently they have improved the controls quite a bit since i saw it back in February. Remember I said that they had multiple control options and apparently they have settled on one. And it happens too be the method that I liked the least so I'll just see how that turns out. I won't be at E3 this year(sucks) so I be on the internet just like you all watching a live feed of the E3 press conference. Those pics released on Red Steel just don't do the game justice visually and apparently Nintendo has other than MP3 a few other titles looking to show off what the Revolution could do.

My last words for you'll in this post: Look Out!!

^ he said Red Steel's images don't do the game justice while they were actually target render. The build back then looked far worse than the scans.

8-5-06

about DQS:

http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/sho...t=5105&page=19

Look at my post on that page.

I remember months ago when I said that SquareEnix has more than title coming to Revolution some of you'll doubted.

"hey look at me, I guessed right" Not really what an insider who risks his job by violating his NDA would say.

7-5-06

From what I heard over the weekend. The new Mario will be at E3 but not in fully playable form. It will be in video form and playable too only a few behind closed doors. But once again with nintendo you never know what they're gonna do.

And it will be a launch title.

wrong and wrong. Yeah he said you never know what they're gonna do to play it safe. Doesn't make up for his mistakes at all.

14-12-05

The mic on the controller is something fellow workers have said to me. Of course I think thats still a possiblility(mic) but for Nintendo to keep it secret it has to be bigger than that.

19-12-05

http://www.sitemeter.com/default.asp...ite=s11tfosibu

Could be a coincidence but look at the very last part in the link and read it backwards.

Now I have very cloase contacts with Ubisoft. I do know some titles in development myself and as you know they are a making a exclusive FPS but I can't get any info of that title. Last week I talked with 3 developers(including Ubi) about this blog and none of them commented. But I'm still curious on the coincidence on how much talk we have heard of since Dec.2 the day he said developers can talk a little more on the Revolution.

I do know that final dev kits are going out in late January/Feb. On the rumor about PPU in the Revolution. I would just say that one developers told me that PPU will become a part on game consoles in the future. So the PPU is still a rumor.

19-12-05

Also EA will have an exclusive title for the Revolution. It's gonna be done by a small team set aside to do this unique exclusive. But I heard there is perhaps an even bigger exclusive title coming to the Revolution but another big company.

wrong

22-12-05

If your reffering to if Nintendo has a final name or not then I can confirm that yes they do. It will be revealed in February(D.I.C.E) because they have anything big planned for January. I think some info will come in January even if it's not from Nintendo. Maybe some leaked info.

wrong again. I don't even think the final name was decided back then.

27-03-06

So much could be said but unfortunatly it's only a few things I could and will say. Warning if your expecting huge new unreleased info and/or leaks you won't get any.

Developer Support

Overall developer support is growing, there are still a few big people still not into the whole concept yet. And really the only negative thing I find from developers is specs as it' seems like some are using the different wierd control as an excuse. Some companies have said that they will make a final decision around february based on the success of the Revolution and outlook.

Games

One Word = Exclusives

Activision is working on 4 titles. As Matt-IGN has mentioned Spiper-Man 3 is coming along with Call of Duty. They seem to be very excited about bring Call of Duty to Nintendo new offering. THQ have 4 titles in development.

I have heard some rumors on EA's stance on the Revolution. I talked with some EA folks last week and they have given me now indication that they would have any launch titles(06 titles)... EA will support the Revolution but not as much as 360 and PS3. They are discussing whether to hold off some titles until the 07 year due too Nintendo's launch frame. Most likely referring to sports titles. EA will have between 3-5 titles this year.

There are some very nice games and I mean very nice games coming. FPShooters are right now number one on my list. One very tasty racer. Apparently what Matt said recently about FF:CC 2 is indeed true. Expect big things and if you wasn't a fan of the first game have a open mind when this gets revealed. Actually I think the game will do the talking on it's own. Sega has some nice titles cooking up aside from Sonic. Midway have 3 titles and one is whoa. Ubisoft have at least 7 titles in development. A beautiful RPG or 2, there is so much more, from every genre, including new genres we'll see at E3.

Release Date

I have gotten word from developers along with some rumors from last week.

1st and most likey - US = November 7th-16th

EU = November 16th-Dec.1st

JP = November 18th-Dec.3rd

Rumors - Talk of Revolution releasing as early as October in US/Japan.

For Europe Gamers. I will say this don't be super suprised if Europe sees Revolution in January-March 07 but it is very unlikely. And would be stupid for Nintendo to do this. Expect a release in 06.

Get ready for some very nice things to be revealed in April. Be prepared for E3 even though what you and I find out will be greater than expected. I only wish I was attending this year. And one things Nintendo is making sure we get for the launch is at games that will sell systems. Along with big and unique 3rd party titles to go with the unique and amazing features of the Nintendo's newest console, the game indstry will be set for the ultimate earthquake to shake things up.

I'm actually surprised how much of this he got right

28-03-06

Ubisoft does have 7 titles. With 3-4 deep in development.

The 1 or 2 RPG's I mentioned where just new games I uncovered last week at GDC in development for Nintendo next system. By 2 different developers none of which are Ubisoft or Camelot.

Hey Jav, I agree with you that we will see the Revolution by the end of the year in Japan, Europe, and US. But I do know that at one point in January/early February that some developers thought that the Revolution would miss it's 06 Europe release. Now most people I talk to (developers, Nintendo insiders, other journalist) seem to agree that it will hit in 06. And if Nintendo do push back into 07 it would be a huge mistake for them to make.

And yes it may make no sense to debate things that have no concrete answer yet, such as pricing. But since I was asked that question about pricing I decide to answer it based on talks with people actually making games for the Revolution.

Oh, I think I may have mentioned this before but anyways. Look out for what Zoonami has coming for the Revolution. Again nothing new or exclusive as it has been suggested and hinted that they have been working on the Revolution for a long time. But I just thought that I wiould remined you guys.

29-03-06 (my birthday!)

Capcom have a few titles up there sleeve. Based on some info they seem to have between 3-4 titles in development. Capcom reps have confirmed that they will have at least 2 titles at E3 in some shape or form.

Also new rumor. As you know Kojima is working on a exclusive Revolution title, and I have told you all the Mikami is working on a exclusive title. Their not the only big name guys that have something exclusive coming Nintendo's way. Some talk about Kojima, Mikami and also one other big name producer showing up in Nintendo's E3 show presenting their games.

I certainly would love to see this happen. It would be crazy if it did happen.

Oh by the way. At GDC there was lots of behind closed doors stuff seen and used between Nintendo and developers.

20-03-06

about GDC and E3

In my hotel room.

Just be patient everybody. This week will bring forth some interesting and exciting news. Even though there are some nda's flying around this week. But hey all I can say is just wait. I can't wait unti E3.

Oh Sony, Sony, Sony. I have some interesting things from developers. Good and bad. But Sony fans should expect lots of news also.

didn't happen

6-3-06

about GDC

Well according to developers along with some big journalist it's official that Nintendo will announce a few new things on the Revolution at GDC.

GDC will no doubt be mostly DS related info but developers have indeed have been saying recently look out for GDC.

I'm gonna take a shot based on things said at what may be revealed at GDC.

Possible Revolution info release in March:

1) Official Name/system design. Depends on if it reveals any secret they want to keep until E3.

2) Narrow down the release date worldwide. example - "The Revolution will launch between Late October/Very early December Worldwide(JP,EU,US)"

3) Final Free-hand controller design/classic cradle(shell).

4) Some game announcements. 3rd parties included. Even if it's officially how much titles EA,Ubisoft... will have in 06 for the Revolution. Similar to how we have heard publiclly from THQ, Activision, Midway. If were lucky we will get a list of some actual names of games coming to the Revolution or what will be playable at E3. OF course some titles will be secret until E3.

5) Virtual console info. Along with other Revolution Wifi info.

none of those things happened

23-2-06

someone said:

HaHa I agree with you to a degree. Also even Big Tac said that some Revolution games look better than some of the XBOX 360 games out.

BigTac responded:

Just too make sure you understand. I made that comparison based on looking on a normal T.V.

wrong, especially at that time when nearly every developer (even the Red Steel one) still had updated Cube dev kits.

7-2-06

Activision are actually working on not one but 3 titles. But I was disappointed when I heard this news that they will only have one titles until march 07. So 3 other big companies Ubisoft,EA,THQ will have greater support in the first few months than Activision.

Tony Hawk and CoD3 prove him wrong

12-1-06

From Ubisoft HQ. Now, before you become all excited, sadly I can not say much on what I heard and saw . Now on the recent news that was revealed http://revolution.ign.com/articles/680/680793p1.html. During my visit I was actually present at a meeting held between IAS and Ubisoft execs, and lead designers, so I can confirm that it will come to the Revolution and use the controller's unique features. From early talk there will finally be a good TMNT game, the recent games have all sucked big time.

Titles in development for Revolution:

Splinter Cell 4

Killing Day

Free Radical Project

TNMT

Brothers in Arms

Exclusive FPS This will be huge.

Exclusive title unknown genre I was told but they wouldn't reveal to me what genre it will be.

Some other info I found out on my visit that I can confirm: Reggie is to deliver some exciting news at D.I.C.E speech – While specs can’t compete, graphics can compare to 360 on regular TV – The Revolution does indeed use new methods for creating amazing looking graphics that can make you feel the specs are higher – The classic shell controller is final – Nintendo still undecided on what will be included with the system - As Merrick touch up on before other than downloading pass games, you will be able to download game demos, trailers, maybe some other things -

He had most of that list wrong (no splinter cell 4, no tmnt, no BiA3, no Killing Day, no exclusive title unknown genre and Free Radical has confirmed they're not making Haze for the Wii and they have no other titles in development). So out of the 8 Ubisoft games that are confirmed, he guessed only one right (exclusive fps, Red Steel)

23-1-06

Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami I can confirm is also working on an exclusive Revolution title. This is unconfirmed but I have heard that he will be working exclusively with Nintendo on the Revolution.

Not sure if this has been confirmed publicly, but it's now official that Peter Molyneux is working on a Revolution title(assumed to be a new Black & White title).

23-1-06

While I can't confirm at this time that this is true, I wouldn't be suprised if this was the case. I can tell you all right now that most if not all the game hints that Nintendo has said over the past months are basically telling you all what games to look for on the Revolution.

Remember when Reggie(? I think) talked about using the freehand controller as a flashlight in a horror game. Nintendo have hinted a lot on what type of games or game control methods we will see on the Revolution.

Also remember Kojima first revealed his first Revolution project in a magazine, Ubisoft also revealed things in a magazine.

As I said before, the exclusives will be coming in for the Revolution, as Nintendo have done a good job on this.

Other news on Konami: Konami will bring the Winning Eleven(Pro Evolution) series to the Revolution.

six months have passed and still no Wiining Eleven announced.

Now I'm tired, so if anyone else wants to contribute:

http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/search.php?searchid=72167&pp=25&page=2

I did everything above the topic "I'm back" (including that one)

Oh and another thing that definately proofs him fake. He said:

I do know that final dev kits are going out in late January/Feb. On the rumor about PPU in the Revolution. I would just say that one developers told me that PPU will become a part on game consoles in the future. So the PPU is still a rumor.

Final dev kits were never thought to go out in January/Februari. In fact, there weren't different revisions of the dev kits like he always stated. There was Gamecube with controller+RAM and the final dev kits which were released in June. That's it.

Take the developers of Red Steel. They were still working with the first dev kits (cube+controller+RAM) until april of this year. Then they recieved the final dev kits. At least that's what they have told themselves.

And I overlooked a bit in his Ubisoft trip quote:

The Revolution does indeed use new methods for creating amazing looking graphics that can make you feel the specs are higher

It's confirmed that developers were still working with the first dev kits, so there's no way that games could have looked amazing. There weren't any amazing looking games at E3 and they didn't make any of us feel that the specs are higher.

i believed him. all of the wrong stuff could have been mis information. he was getting his info from 3rd parties and it could have been alot like chinese wispers. but non the less i believe he was genuin even if some of his info was SLIGHTLY off the mark

I have faith in BigTac... so what if some of the things that he said hadn't happened... this always happens in the Games Industry! Even with the large companies!

For him to get the Midway games and Ubisoft games (albeit not the correct games) more or less spot on with the numbers is news more than anyone else had given!

This is why I have faith in him!

nice work stabby.

still, could be educated guesses. bigtac got plenty wrong.

That's what it was. Anyone who's got a bit of knowledge about games and the industry could make educated guesses if they just took the time to write it down and think it through.

I have (and probably alot of you have) seen similar characters like BigTac on other forums and Blogs, where some are better than others. Or should I say more lucky than others?

i believed him. all of the wrong stuff could have been mis information. he was getting his info from 3rd parties and it could have been alot like chinese wispers. but non the less i believe he was genuin even if some of his info was SLIGHTLY off the mark

In januari he heard from Ubisoft themselves that these games were in development:

Splinter Cell 4

Killing Day

Free Radical Project

TNMT

Brothers in Arms

Exclusive FPS This will be huge.

Exclusive title unknown genre I was told but they wouldn't reveal to me what genre it will be.

Only one of those was real (fps), so apparently Ubisoft told him about six games that aren't coming to the Wii and "forgot" to tell them about the seven other projects.

Advance: The other "insider" usually talked about BIA 3 being for the Wii console, and also claimed Assassin's Creed and the new Tom Clancy were Wii-bound. I think he was making his claims off of that "leaked" release list. Big Tac supported him, though, saying that Insider knew what he was talking about. Insider got frustrated a while back when everyone pretty much blew him off and he hasn't posted since.

While it is fun poking holes in BigTac's legendary claims here on the forums, and I poked my share of holes while he was here, in the end it does nothing productive since if he does come back (or is back already) it will be under a different name. There won't be any more "big secrets" for him to reveal after a few more weeks, and that is where he got his jollies. Hopefully he has moved on to bigger and better things, like his fabled job as a developer (who would hire a "journalist" to be a developer anyway?).

People who thought he knew things will still think he knew things, and people who thought he was some poor misguided 40 year old in his parents' basement preying on the hopes of eleven year old boys will continue to do so. I'm just glad that the days of rampant speculation and phony "insider" blogs is pretty much over.

He's an industry insider that hears rumours from inside of course he can't get everything right, not only did he get a lot of things right (Red Steel, exclusive Sonic), also those fps he said were also rumoured by sites like IGN, so someone inside the industry thinks or knows these will come. Oh and Wii will also have games coming out after the launch you know, not everything was anounced. I know I'm sounding naive, but I still KIND OF believe in him.