N-Europe

Film Four - Studio Ghibli Season

gaggle64

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooooooooo, out on dvd anywhere??

i loved Ki Ki today, cant wait for the awesomeness of Princess Mononoke tomorrow :D:D:D

Unfortunatly no. There's a few torrents lying around but not the full 2 series although you can download it off iRC, but I really don't get how it works. Are the films they're showing in Japanese with subs or just the dub?

Unfortunatly no. There's a few torrents lying around but not the full 2 series although you can download it off iRC, but I really don't get how it works. Are the films they're showing in Japanese with subs or just the dub?

dub but hey buy the DVD's theyre out now anywho. you can change the audio track on the DVDs to have it Japanese with Sub.

It's a matter of taste really. The quality of the dub has generally been very good on most of the studio Ghibli films, so I'm quite comforatble with it, but there have been some pretty atrocious dubbings elsewhere.

Princess Mononoke tonight, really looking forward to it. If i'm not mistake this was the 2nd most successfull after Spirited Away.

Yes, I have this one on DVD but I'll probably just watch it anyway. As a wise man once said, it's so good I crap my pants every time I watch it.

Not watching Princess Mononoke as 1)It's a dub 2)I watched it on DVD last week and 3)It's nowhere near as impressive without the awesome DTS soundtrack!

moan moan moan, a good film's a good film.

i just finished watching it and i thought it was brilliant, doesnt challenge spirited away or nausicaa but its bloody good :D

Laputa tomorrow :D

you have to commend Film Four on trying to bring good taste to the nation.

Laputa is like Skies of Arcadia, so it's great. I don't know why people like Spirited Away so much. It's a brilliant film, but it's not Ghibli's best. My top five Ghibli films are probably:

1. Whisper of the Heart

2. Grave of the Fireflies

3. Laputa

4. Porco Rosso

5. And Nausicaa and Totoro joint 5th

They're not showing it, but I would definitly recommend Pom Poko - about a race of magical racoons who are forced to defend their forest home from development by utilising their transformation skills and "Racoon pouches". It is wonderfully weird, and is also generally well made.

This isn't a sassy remark, but my posts on this thread do seem to be emitting some kind of pheramone, subsequently attracting ultra-knowledgable-anime-types determined to leave their mark on my own less prodigous knowledge. :heh:

(God forbid this continues into mating season.)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!