NEurope
gaggle64

Film Four - Studio Ghibli Season

A heads up to all you Ghibli lovers out there: Film Four will be having a Studio Ghibli season, starting tommorow at 4:55pm with Miyazakis debut, Castle of Cagliostro, with another Ghibli film every day for at least the next week.

I'm pretty stoked, because I love Studio Ghibli films but only seen a handful, and here's my big oppetunity to catch up. I just hope they play Grave of the Fireflies - I feel that film will carry a certain extra poinency given recent events in the Middle East. People just need to see it.

grave of the fireflies was somehow good despite nothing much happening in it.Princess mononoke is my personal favourite.Although i'm not entirely sure if they did it!Spirited away was also a classic

Yeah, Ghibli did Mononoke. That film rocks harder then stone. Some say they're the Japanese Disney. That's a lie. Studio Ghibli are better then that.

Just got film four. So sweet going to make it an offer it cant refuse tonight. Oh Haver whats the programme in your sig?

damn why cant get film four on my freeview!!,

gonna have to watch it downstairs then :(

* Fri 4th Aug 4.55 pm - The Castle Of Cagliostro

* Sat 5th Aug 4.45 pm - Kiki's Delivery Service

* Sun 6th Aug 4.30 pm - Princess Mononoke

* Mon 7th Aug 4.55 pm - Laputa: Castle In The Sky

* Tue 8th Aug 5.10 pm - My Neighbour Totoro

* Wed 9th Aug 4.45 pm - Nausicaa and the Valley of The Wind

* Thu 10th Aug 5.15 pm - Porco Rosso

* Fri 11th Aug 4.45 pm - Princess Mononoke

* Sat 12th Aug 5.05 pm - My Neighbour Totoro

* Sun 13th Aug 4.55 pm - Laputa Castle In The Sky

* Mon 14th Aug 5.05 pm - Kiki's Delivery Service

* Tue 15th Aug 4.45 pm - Nausicaa and the Valley of The Wind

* Wed 16th Aug 4.45 pm - Porco Rosso

* Thu 17th Aug 5.10 pm - The Castle Of Cagliostro

Are all of these films anime or the cool black and white films by some Italian sounding director? Im guessing the former but hoping the latter.

Are all of these films anime or the cool black and white films by some Italian sounding director? Im guessing the former but hoping the latter.

Very definitly the former. These are some of the best animated films ever made - you owe it to yourself to watch them.

i finaly finnished watching Grave of the Fireflies and i have to say it is one of the most depressing movies i've ever seen, ah well...i'll be over at gaggles place watchin' the first part of the Ghibli-a-thon yeayyyy!!!

Argh! Heard people discussing this a few days ago on CoH and I thought my new PC with freeview would have arrived before it started.

FilmFour isn't getting picked up by my sattelite! I need to get it working, which means gettign up at 7am tomorrow so I can catch my brother before he falls asleep so we can move our sattelite.

I don't wanna miss these - I've only seen Princess Mononoke and Spirted Away...

I'm going to sound a lot like the Computer Geek off The Office when I say that Castle of Cagliostro and Nausicaa are NOT Ghibli films.

:D fucking adore ghibli im collecting all their dvds ATM :D

I'm going to sound a lot like the Computer Geek off The Office when I say that Castle of Cagliostro and Nausicaa are NOT Ghibli films.

why arent they? nausicaa has the feel of a great ghibli and looks amazing and has hayao miyazaki involved :D :P hmmmm, miyazaki where have i heard that name before?!

Castle of Cagliostro was created before Studio Ghibli was made and Nausicaa was by Topcraft but Miyazaki was director. Miyazaki isn't the only person who directs at Ghibli.

The Castle Of Cagliostro is the only one out of that list that I haven't seen yet. Never even heard of it before. And then there's the new one, Howl's Moving Castle, which I almost almost rented yesterday (but couldn't since my family picked out other movies to watch already). Is it worth seeing?

Howl's Moving Castle is a good film. But it's no way the best Ghibli film. My personal favourite is Whisper of the Heart.

edit: I'm looking forward to Gedo Senki which has just been released in Japan, it's directed by Hayao's son Goro

Urgh, the week my parents come back they do this. Would have been handy to Sky+ them.

What channel is Film Four on Sky and Telewest anyway?

Castle of Cagliostro was created before Studio Ghibli was made and Nausicaa was by Topcraft but Miyazaki was director. Miyazaki isn't the only person who directs at Ghibli.

i know but i feel his films are the most magical and are usually the best of the best.

I don't have that channel, but I have a Ghibli studios DVD box and all the dvds, so I'm not bothered.