NEurope
gaggle64

Film Four - Studio Ghibli Season

I really enjoyed Castle of Cagliostro it wasn't quite what i had expected and i found the ploy a bit too predictable but netherless still a good movie.

I'm looking forward too Kiki's Delivery Service :)

i really really enjoyed that film too, was it from a comic originally because it seems like theres a much larger story behind it. . .

I was going to come here complaining that our arial is broken. But looking at the scheduel - they're repeating every film they're showing next week! I hope that it's fixed by then.

i really really enjoyed that film too, was it from a comic originally because it seems like theres a much larger story behind it. . .

It was an anime series.

It was an anime series.

oooooooooo, out on dvd anywhere??

i loved Ki Ki today, cant wait for the awesomeness of Princess Mononoke tomorrow :D:D:D

Yeah Kiki was great - though now I think back to Sabrina The Teenage Witch, (which was made AfTER) and can't help but draw some similarities... :heh:

Grave of the Fireflies will be on, it was in my EPG.

You lying bastard.

Ahem, I think I mistook Nausicca for Grave of the Fireflies. My mistake.

Yeah Kiki was great - though now I think back to Sabrina The Teenage Witch, (which was made AfTER)

Negatory, Sabrina is 44 years old. Wikipedia knows all

oooooooooo, out on dvd anywhere??

i loved Ki Ki today, cant wait for the awesomeness of Princess Mononoke tomorrow :D:D:D

Unfortunatly no. There's a few torrents lying around but not the full 2 series although you can download it off iRC, but I really don't get how it works. Are the films they're showing in Japanese with subs or just the dub?

Unfortunatly no. There's a few torrents lying around but not the full 2 series although you can download it off iRC, but I really don't get how it works. Are the films they're showing in Japanese with subs or just the dub?

dub but hey buy the DVD's theyre out now anywho. you can change the audio track on the DVDs to have it Japanese with Sub.

Princess Mononoke tonight, really looking forward to it. If i'm not mistake this was the 2nd most successfull after Spirited Away.

I absolutly hate dubs. Once you listen to the original track you never want to go back. I just checked the C4 website and they're showing the subbed versions next week I think. If I were you, I'd wait till then :D

It's a matter of taste really. The quality of the dub has generally been very good on most of the studio Ghibli films, so I'm quite comforatble with it, but there have been some pretty atrocious dubbings elsewhere.

Princess Mononoke tonight, really looking forward to it. If i'm not mistake this was the 2nd most successfull after Spirited Away.

Yes, I have this one on DVD but I'll probably just watch it anyway. As a wise man once said, it's so good I crap my pants every time I watch it.

Not watching Princess Mononoke as 1)It's a dub 2)I watched it on DVD last week and 3)It's nowhere near as impressive without the awesome DTS soundtrack!

Not watching Princess Mononoke as 1)It's a dub 2)I watched it on DVD last week and 3)It's nowhere near as impressive without the awesome DTS soundtrack!

moan moan moan, a good film's a good film.

i just finished watching it and i thought it was brilliant, doesnt challenge spirited away or nausicaa but its bloody good :D

Laputa tomorrow :D

you have to commend Film Four on trying to bring good taste to the nation.

I agree, I just love Film Four. Mononoke, though not as good as Spirited is actually my personal fav, though I will wait until I've seen Nausicaa. Laputa is great too - it's characters and scenery is like Yorkshire on speed.

it's characters and scenery is like Yorkshire on speed.

now THATS a scary thought . . .

Laputa is like Skies of Arcadia, so it's great. I don't know why people like Spirited Away so much. It's a brilliant film, but it's not Ghibli's best. My top five Ghibli films are probably:

1. Whisper of the Heart

2. Grave of the Fireflies

3. Laputa

4. Porco Rosso

5. And Nausicaa and Totoro joint 5th

Mononoke is awesome, i've watched it more than I have even Akira, heheh.

I havent seen any of the others yet, though Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies are the ones I plan on watching next.

Haven't really been in an Anime mood lately, more gamey.

They're not showing it, but I would definitly recommend Pom Poko - about a race of magical racoons who are forced to defend their forest home from development by utilising their transformation skills and "Racoon pouches". It is wonderfully weird, and is also generally well made.

I just saw a bit of mononoke on film four, and realised that of course everything is dubbed...

I'm not watching it now...

This isn't a sassy remark, but my posts on this thread do seem to be emitting some kind of pheramone, subsequently attracting ultra-knowledgable-anime-types determined to leave their mark on my own less prodigous knowledge. :heh:

(God forbid this continues into mating season.)