NEurope
Helmsly

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Not sure what to think of IGN anymore, thing is I can't afford to waste money on games these days so I have to take notice of these reviews even if they are totally stupid.
Think... Moneyhats ;)

For all the industry, actually.

I got the latest issue off NGamer in the post this morning and they have given sonic wii 82%! With the summary comment 'Polished and entertaining, but not without moments that make you scream and curse your clumsy playing. This is a great wii start for a franchise we'd given up on years ago'

So basically there saying the same as alot of other ppl in that they think its the best 3d sonic game yet, and they useally hate sonic games (they have never given one a good score)

However i shall wait till i get the game myself to decide......

Looks american'ish... But I hope it makes the game sell :D

Although as a comercial I find one of the trailers with music would be better.

That was fucking ridiculous.
*shivers*

NGamer have gave this a good score.

Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii, Sega): 82

Looking good for the secret rings.Another good score to add to the list.

Well I've imported it from America and I'll give you my views.

It's good. It's not the bestest game around that you can really get stuck into, but it's a great bit of fun.

My first impressions were somewhat of disappointment. I was thrown straight into it (which wasn't bad as the first few levels just teach you how to do things) but even after that it was still a lot to really grasp straight away.

Anyway, onto the first level. You're rushing through and there's a few obstacles to dodge etc. as you're speeding along but in general it doesn't feel like you need to do much as the paths are fairly clear and even when you do get hit, you just hop over or end up losing some rings and moving past.

After a few more levels though and levelling up a bit, getting some new abilities and ring points so that you can equip more abilities to each ring, I really started to get a feel of what there was to do within each level. Rather than just hitting enemies I didn't react in time to I was jumping up and spin attacking them, opening chests, finding 'Fire Souls' (although I still don't know what they do but it looks like 3 per mission you can find).

In summary it's enjoyable. I don't think you can sit down for hours on end playing it, but it's good to play for an hour, then go do something else, then come back and play a bit more.

Oh and the storyline and the 'cut scenes' with the storyboard-like-art made me laugh. Not my kinda thing but it's just so cheesy.

My first impressions were somewhat of disappointment. I was thrown straight into it (which wasn't bad as the first few levels just teach you how to do things) but even after that it was still a lot to really grasp straight away.

Yea, NGamer said a similar thing - that it initially feels like the game is playing you.

So, cutscenes and music so cheesy they are good, then?

Are any of you guys doing anything to get the hype up a bit?

I'm replaying the old Sonic classics and I might move on to the 3D ones soon.(Just the Adventures)

No. Hype brings dissapointment.

I'm replaying the old Sonic classics and I might move on to the 3D ones soon.(Just the Adventures)

I've gone a bit Sonic mad lately. I've been playing Sonic The Hedgehog (which isn't great, but not terrible) and i've just re-bought 'Sonic Adventure' for the Dreamcast as it was great, may buy number 2 as well...but i'm sure 1 was slightly better.

Then i probably play Sonic on the Megadrive on my Wii.

I think i've missed that sense of speed and simple platforming. :D

Good to see someone else is doing what i'm doing.The simplicity and speed is making me excited.

Have you ordered it from Gameplay Owen?

Looks american'ish... But I hope it makes the game sell :D

That's because it is.:heh:

It wouldn't make the game sell in the UK really, it would actually put me off the game if I didn't know much about it.

it's in the shops on display already.

Is it,can't say i've noticed but then again I haven't been out to the shops in a while.

So if I go into Reading tomorrow the game will be out? Also for those lucky people who got their Sonic game today did Play.com say that it had been dispatched at all or was it a complete surprise? What are the chances of Gameplay.com sendingmine tomorrow?