NEurope
Charlie

What are YOU getting at launch?

Oh yeah, you British are such sad people... 30 quid for a DS game is nothing compared to the 50 euros (34 pounds) they ask here sometimes...

Nintendo UK isn't going to ask 150 pounds for the Wii if the Wii's going to cost 200 euros, they might be cheap but I doubt Nintendo Europe would like it.

That really is a ripoff! You sure those aren't imports? Cause PAL games are usually around €40 (especially Nintendo ones)

hmm....that spoiler thing isn't showing up

Right now I'm only definitley going to be picking up the following...

A Wii (White)

One Extra Controller and Nunchuk (Black)

One Classic Controller (If not bundled with the system)

Wii Sports

I'll also definitley be picking up 'Wario Ware: Smooth Moves' if its available at launch.

Other than that, it'll really depend on word of mouth and reviews what happens. I really like the look of Red Steel but given the less than positive response at E3 I want to see how the final thing turns out before I decide. I'm also slightly concerned about Twilight Princess as I'm worried the Wii controls might not be up to much (Moreso after reading NGamers preview) so I want to wait and see what happens on that front before I make any decisions about which version to buy, hopefully I'll know before launch because I want to get TP the day it comes out. Thats if the GC version even sees a European release of course.

Twilight Princess handsdown my #1 pick. i'll also pick up Red Steel and 3 more controllers for my brand spankin' new wii. Just to let u Europeans know, U.S. gets Wii first despite the simaltainious launch plans.Nintendo of America all the way!!!!!!!

Just to let u Europeans know, U.S. gets Wii first despite the simaltainious launch plans.Nintendo of America all the way!!!!!!!

AFAIK there's never been a truly "simultaneous" console launch. The 360 was essentially simultaneous as it launched in the three major territories within a fortnight. When Nintendo say "simultaneous" they just mean "not 6 months between each territory", anyone expecting a launch for the Wii on the same date all over the globe would have been pretty niave.

AFAIK there's never been a truly "simultaneous" console launch. The 360 was essentially simultaneous as it launched in the three major territories within a fortnight. When Nintendo say "simultaneous" they just mean "not 6 months between each territory", anyone expecting a launch for the Wii on the same date all over the globe would have been pretty niave.

Good post. I think the term "simultaneous" launch is a bit misleading, as it probably makes many people believe that the Wii will be launched in more than one place at the same time.

Just to let u Europeans know, U.S. gets Wii first despite the simaltainious launch plans.Nintendo of America all the way!!!!!!!

Maybe, but we'll get to choose our colour, instead of only getting one colour, if the DS Lite is any indication.

I shall be getting the following things:

One White Wii

One Classic Controller

One extra controller

Metroid Prime 3

Zelda

Wii Sports

And any other cool things GAME can tempt me with on the midnight launch, ive got around £200 saved up so far, with atleast two more pay checks to come, im looking to spend around £300

And any other cool things GAME can tempt me with on the midnight launch, ive got around £200 saved up so far, with atleast two more pay checks to come, im looking to spend around £300

I'm not picking on you, but I've noticed a lot of people saying they'll be buying at GAME and will get whatever deals they offer.

I hope as educated intelligent Nintendo fans people here will be shopping around! I remember when the Xbox 360 came out and the GAME where I live got 10 consoles or so, and had them all bundled with the worst games at launch. And they wouldn't let you buy one with the games you wanted, even people who had put down pre-orders were made to buy games they didn't want because they got such small stock of each game and the popular ones (Perfect Dark etc) sold out really fast.

Also the DS Lite was being sold for £99.99 everywhere on the high street (yes Asda and probably other supermarkets sold for a tenner less, but no trade-ins there!) but I believe Gamestation were the only people giving a free game with that £99.99, including Sonic Rush!

/disclaimer - I am a Gamestation employee, but it does me no personal gain to big-up my place of work. I just honestly believe that our prices are much better than GAMEs across the board and that our deals for the Wii will at least be competitive with theirs if not significantly better. Gamestation have a much better working relationship with Nintendo than GAME do, I'm told by the almighty ones at Head Office - we get sent Nintendo t-shirts from them all the time. Oh, and we should let you buy the console on its own if all you want is maybe the Wii, one game and a classic controller for a Xmas of VC games!

Also, don't forget about supermarkets and the like, especially if the Wii sells out where you live. They'll probably be cheaper hardware-wise than the highstreet stores.

I'm not picking on you, but I've noticed a lot of people saying they'll be buying at GAME and will get whatever deals they offer.

I hope as educated intelligent Nintendo fans people here will be shopping around! I remember when the Xbox 360 came out and the GAME where I live got 10 consoles or so, and had them all bundled with the worst games at launch. And they wouldn't let you buy one with the games you wanted, even people who had put down pre-orders were made to buy games they didn't want because they got such small stock of each game and the popular ones (Perfect Dark etc) sold out really fast.

Also the DS Lite was being sold for £99.99 everywhere on the high street (yes Asda and probably other supermarkets sold for a tenner less, but no trade-ins there!) but I believe Gamestation were the only people giving a free game with that £99.99, including Sonic Rush!

/disclaimer - I am a Gamestation employee, but it does me no personal gain to big-up my place of work. I just honestly believe that our prices are much better than GAMEs across the board and that our deals for the Wii will at least be competitive with theirs if not significantly better. Gamestation have a much better working relationship with Nintendo than GAME do, I'm told by the almighty ones at Head Office - we get sent Nintendo t-shirts from them all the time. Oh, and we should let you buy the console on its own if all you want is maybe the Wii, one game and a classic controller for a Xmas of VC games!

Also, don't forget about supermarkets and the like, especially if the Wii sells out where you live. They'll probably be cheaper hardware-wise than the highstreet stores.

Hey if theres anywhere else having a midnight launch other than GAME then ill be going there instead, i dont really want to be without this time round. I ended up getting my 360 in January after Amazon screwed up everybodys pre-order. I ordered the system back in August and people who ordered in October got theirs before me. I am not a fan of GAME, as a result of their current issues with Nintendo Products and marketing (although the DS is doing well instore) and also their inflated prices. Ill be ordering the Games online by the way, its just the system i dont want to wait for, as i know games wont be as hard to get hold of.

*laughs*

good to hear that someone on this board is as money concious as me!!! as soon as i hear release dates and the like, im gonna be shopping around. and given that my brother and a couple of my friends are gonna get the Wii, we may even work it out that between us we get awesome deals (and masses of coupons to boot!)

for examples sake, one person could get theirs from Myer, and get the $600 worth of coupons (see australia wii launch thread), and someone else could get a different type of deal from electronics boutique

its all about teamwork people. gotta lean on each others shoulders and all that stuff!

=-=-=

anyway. i was thinking that i would like to get the wii 'the second of launch', like, do the lineup thing and all that. but i get the feeling that the people would just annoy me. i remember going to the superchallenge, where there were a lot of N-heads. and god they shitted me. totally wanted to backhand some of those punks.

at release, i will get:

-black wii

-zelda

-metroid

-dragon swords

-=-extra BLACK wiimotes, if wiisports happens to come free or something. because as things stand, the only games im totally nuts about are single player. just need to wait until smash brosm starfox.. etc.

heh. but in saying that, if my bro is getting one, he may get stuff like red steel... ahh the possibilities

The majority of games i buy from stores tend to be from Gamestation. I bought my DS from there, and for quite a good price, too.

If i was to choose between Gamestation and GAME, it would probably be Gamestation. They haven't let me down, yet!

I'm particularly interested to see what deals they can come up with for the Wii. Bundles, etc.

One White Wii,

1-3 Extra controlers (probs 2, not sure yet),

Zelda TP,

Red Steal,

Wii Sports.

Wii (not quite sure on the colour)

1 Extra Controller

Final Fantasy CC (if it makes it) or Dragon Quest

Legend of Zelda - TP

Hopefully i might be able to get this as a early Christmas present as i've got no money :(

Wii (not quite sure on the colour)

1 Extra Controller

Final Fantasy CC (if it makes it) or Dragon Quest

Legend of Zelda - TP

Hopefully i might be able to get this as a early Christmas present as i've got no money :(

Right yeah i forgot about FF, has that up to now been considered a launch game?

Right yeah i forgot about FF, has that up to now been considered a launch game?

Square said it would be a launch at there E3 conf along with Dragon Quest.

I'm quite money concious aswell,that's why i'l probably get my stuff from the internet to save some money.Though I really wanna go to a midnight launch.

The majority of games i buy from stores tend to be from Gamestation. I bought my DS from there, and for quite a good price, too.

If i was to choose between Gamestation and GAME, it would probably be Gamestation. They haven't let me down, yet!

I'm particularly interested to see what deals they can come up with for the Wii. Bundles, etc.

It won't be for a while, but as soon as I know what bundles Gamestation will be doing on the Wii I'll post them here.

I will most likely get it from Gamestation unless there is a stock problem. I need to get my Pre-order in I guess. I got my DS Lite from there trading in my original DS for £45 and getting £99 bundle with any game. I went for New Super Mario Bros, and they chucked in a DS Lite starter pack as well - how nice.

GAME tried to flock me off a purple Cube when I pre-ordered a black one. Lucky I checked before taking it home. The SWINES!

Not sure what colour yet (prob white tho my DS Lite is Black)

1 extra remote

Zelda TP

Wii Sports

Red Steel

Yes, the most popular 3 games to get at launch I think. Then maybe Far Cry and Metroid Prime 3 a bit later on.

Square said it would be a launch at there E3 conf along with Dragon Quest.

shite!!! i did not know that!

well, my money saving plans just flew out the window. if the game uses the wiimote for multi, there will be a good chance of me gettin a few of the sods...

i enjoyed ffcc quite a bit.

DAMN! DIDNT KNOW IT WAS LAUNCH!

(happy)

I don’t know the true prices. So I just guessed.

1. White Wii ($250.00)

2. Extra Controller ($30.00)

3. Legend of Zelda TP ($49.99)

4. Metroid Prime 3 ($49.99)

5. Red Steel ($.49.99)

6. Far Cry ($49.99)

Total: $479.96

I don’t know the true prices. So I just guessed.

1. White Wii ($250.00)

2. Extra Controller ($30.00)

3. Legend of Zelda TP ($49.99)

4. Metroid Prime 3 ($49.99)

5. Red Steel ($.49.99)

6. Far Cry ($49.99)

Total: $479.96

if it makes you feel better, you'll never pay that. Bundles, my friend! Find somewhere where you can specify the games in the bundle and you're ready to set sail for savings! There's a good chance a lot of retailers will do a "Zelda bundle" i.e. Wii and Z:TP + maybe one other Wii game for $320/$330.

I'm a little worried about where to pre-order it, because I want to make sure I get one at launch, but also want to pre-order it at the 'official' London launch shop, which will probably be the bigger HMV on Oxford Street. If it hasn't been announced by one-and-a-half months before launch, I'll preorder it at my local Gamestation, and rush to the launch shop as soon as it is announced to pre-order.

Ok, the Wii wont be nearly as expensive as the xbox 360 and far from the PS3.. but with such a great launch lineup I think it will be a rather expensive buy for me... there must be about 10 of the launch games that I'm thinking of buying... but hi, thats just luxary problem, not any thing to complain about... It looks like it going to be the biggest consol launch ever... both regarding sales and launch games : peace: yeeaahaaa

I've was just wondering, just how sure are we that the wii will launch in mutiple colors, white and black?