NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

A Scanner Darkly (Trailer)

Downloaded it from xbox live, i presume its the same. It looks the shit, vector vector, vector.

Can't wait to go see this, looks amazing. How did they do that? Did they cell shade real footage or something?

Can't wait to go see this, looks amazing. How did they do that? Did they cell shade real footage or something?

Apparently it's called retro-scoping - they filmed the whole thing, then animated over it. The final effect really is beautiful.

It's called "vector", available to use with most photoshop programs. I imagine the movie guys just shot it normally and edited the film and waited a year for it all to be processed as a vector.

Hmmm, nice visuals. Keanu Reeves might actually have found a style of film where he doesn't come across as wooden and unemotional. Probably see this just for the original style.

Seen the trailor a while back and i think it looks very interesting. One to keep an eye out for :)

Cant wait to see this, i went to see Sky Captain and the world of tommorrow first day it came out because of the visuals, and ill do the same here.

Jesus, does anyone else think keanu reaves is underrated? Hes excellent in Point break, my own private idaho, speed and constantine, heck hes even good in Bill and Teds Bogus journey. Hes rubbish in the matrix i admit but with that much blue screen, what the hell have you got to work with? Even Ewan Mcgregor couldnt pull off a decent acting performance in Star Wars because of it.

Im going to see the Lake house later this year too. Looks like a really good film, very original storyline Linky

weren't radiohead meant to be doing the soundtrack for this or something? im pretty sure i heard that a while back.

the movie looks pretty awesome althoguh i dont really understand what its about from just the trailer.

Yeah, I cannae see what peoples problem with Keanu Reeves is, everywhere you look you hear people bitching about him, he's pretty good in some movies...

weren't radiohead meant to be doing the soundtrack for this or something? im pretty sure i heard that a while back.

A long-running rumor suggested that Radiohead was composing the score for this film. This is untrue; however, the song "Black Swan" by Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke will run in the film credits, and Radiohead B-side "Fog" also features prominently in the film.

Coolness, Black Swan's probably my favourite track off The Eraser. Though I know that's gonna change everyday. :heh:

I have no idea what it is but it looks hot. Very hot. Want.

This looks awesome. The animation is very XIIIteen I think, but yah cool.

Oh, and Winoda Ryder - :)

Holy fuck..............where the hell did this film come from!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I can't believe this is only going out in the States as a limited release. My local cinema had better bloody show this film.

Sign in to follow this