N-Europe

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Goron_3

I just realized a major flaw in the RE3 part in terms of story continuity.

In the actual game the RE3 story takes place over the course of 2 days, (ie:before and just after RE2 takes place) in RE:UC it all takes place in 1 night, there's no "break-point" where Jill is unconscious at the hospital.

Also I just got round to register my star points for this game on the (new) Club Nintendo site, here's a question.... why the hell is it only worth 200 points? When every other game is 250 points?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a brainwave, I've got a theory about Rebecca.

When the final 'Mansion Incident 3' cutscene plays, pay close attention to Weskers narrative. Specifically when he says, "Almost all of the S.T.A.R.S members were wiped out, except for Chris and Jill." At this point, the camera is focused on Rebecca, so maybe she was killed?

At the end of the RE5 trailer from E3, we see a woman in, what looks like, a statis chamber of some description. She does look similar to Rebecca, although there's a few different details. But bear in mind that she'd be much older in RE5.

Also, note the 'Special stage' that's unlocked at the end of the game. On the Resident Evil Horror (an RE fan site) forums, there's a (wild) theory that this is a training exercise for the female character that will appear in RE5, and that it's set up by Wekser. The scream when the character dies is also Rebecca's.

When you think about it, it all could add up. After all, this game was developed within the same time-frame of RE5's development. It's a good way to set the scene for the next major installment. Plus Wesker also says how his and Chris' fates are "..forver intertwined." So he's bound to make an appearance in RE5, which leads me to believe that, if my theory is correct, Wesker is behind Rebecca's 'resurrection.'

Also, there'd be a continuing theme here. Ada appeared in RE4, and she was in Leon's scenario in RE2, and Rebecca was in Chris' scenario in RE1. So there's another (slight) connection.

Maybe Rebbeca will be a Final Boss in RE5
:D. REBBECA WITH MUTANT TRANSFORMATIONS, wow, that would be awesome :D

That'd be pretty strange, lol! Though it was confirmed in an interview that the female character will be playable, and her scenario will be a lot different to previous RE material.

Tbh, I think Wesker could be the last boss for RE5. It feels as if Umbrella Chronicles is the build up for a big finale, and it's really setting the scene for the next major installment. After seeing/finishing off Spencer and killing off Wesker, where could the series really go from there?

I've also got another possible connection to RE5, this time related to Billy Coen's past.

Billy was in a foreign [African looking] country, right? Well, by the looks of things, Chris is off to a similar location. What if it's the same general area? Also, the "civilians" that were killed seemed to have glowing blue inhuman eyes, as seen in one of Billy's flashbacks. This happened prior to the events of RE Zero, and viral mutations are usually Umbrella's work. It's likely that they had a lab in that area, and it's likely to be where some experiments started too. This makes me think that Spencer might possibly be in RE5's location, as a last resort.

And sorry for all the theories, I just love coming up with this stuff. :p

True, but the books aren't really canon. Besides, it doesn't say where or when my theory could have happened, so it's still an acceptable theory.

Btw, I've just finished getting S ranks for the entire RE Zero scenario, and I've also got an S rank on 'Rebirth 1'. Now to do the rest of the RE1 stuff next. ^^

True, but the books aren't really canon. Besides, it doesn't say where or when my theory could have happened, so it's still an acceptable theory.

Btw, I've just got S ranks for the entire RE Zero scenario, and an S rank on 'Rebirth 1'. Now to do the rest of the RE1 stuff next. ^^

True, True

A question regarding this game. When you finish a level you get a grade and a Star for upgrading your weapons, how many depending on how high your grade is. Say I play a level and get a C rank and 1 star, if I replay that level and get C rank again do I get another star or do I only get another satr if I get a better grade?

True, True

A question regarding this game. When you finish a level you get a grade and a Star for upgrading your weapons, how many depending on how high your grade is. Say I play a level and get a C rank and 1 star, if I replay that level and get C rank again do I get another star or do I only get another satr if I get a better grade?

You'll still get another star for it, the game doesn't deduct the possible amount of stars available for each time you play.

True, True

Nothing like NOE, you get another star, they don't disappear or expire at the end of the month.

I been a huge resi fan since the first game on the Saturn. Iv played and finished all (except the gun ones including this one <.<). I can safely say Rebecca is alive and well there are multiple refrences to her in the games, plus the fact if you do resi 1 with chris and get the decent ending you fly away with her in the chopper.

The main Umbrella base is in Europe, and lets face it there not really down and out are they, so unless they make a game based in Paris (which is where im sure they said the main base is) then were not at the ned yet.

Having followed the series so closley i really think that we will end up at resi 8. I think we need a few more games to get the storyline tidied up nicely and i think there is enough going on to make that many more.

I still say the best resi game is Code Veronica though.... :)

I'd like to see both Chris, Leon and Billy in the same game. 3 very different but influential characters.

Maybe at one point, Chris's story finishes and then Billy's starts, etc. It would make for a very different Resident Evil game.

Thats pretty much what me and my mate wanted for Resident Evil 4 before it was announced.

We wanted all the main people back from the previous games to take the fight to Umbrella and bring them down once and for all. Depending on who you were you got different scenarios and experiences. At the end of it all it would be a fight between Chris and Wesker, winner takes all! I can dream cant I?

To be fair with Chris being the main guy in R Evil 5 Wesker had better show up what with the history those 2 have. Chris still owes him a beat down for Wesker bitch slapping Claire in R.Evil:C.V. :heh:

That's a pretty nifty idea.

Ideally, I'd like them to take it back to its survival horror routes. Resi 4 was more like survival action, still bluddy awesome though.

Not sure which direction they're heading in with 5.

Yeah I totally agree.

Resident Evil 4 was a fantastic game but like you said it was too focused on action. This is why, to me, Resident Evil 2 is the high point of the series. You got to play 4 different stories ( 5 or 6 depending if you add Tofu and Hunk scenarios ) and the way that the Scenarios A and B linked together was fantastic.

I know others feel my pain when R Evil 2 was left out of this game. Im still hoping for a remake just like they did with the first R Evil on the Cube.

I haven't played 2 or 3 yet, still yet to purchase them. I've always been holding out for a remake of these 2. A remake of 2 and 3 would be amazing. It's a pain in the arse having to play a lovely looking REMake and Zero, then going back to play 2 3 and CV:X on the cube, and then 4. It just feels a tad messy.

I haven't played 2 or 3 yet, still yet to purchase them. I've always been holding out for a remake of these 2. A remake of 2 and 3 would be amazing. It's a pain in the arse having to play a lovely looking REMake and Zero, then going back to play 2 3 and CV:X on the cube, and then 4. It just feels a tad messy.

I cant recommed enough that you play R Evil 2. Despite its aged graphics the gameplay still holds its own as does the storyline. As for R Evil 3 I felt it was a very meh R Evil. Sure, Nemesis was a pretty cool badguy, but the game was just lacking something not to mention it was stupidly easy. It did have the Mecenaries game on it though, you got it after you completed the main game and it was quite addicting.

Im always suprised at how many people thought Resi 2 was great. I remember waiting for ages to get it, i remember getting the demo with Resident Evil: Directors Cut, and i remember feeling let down when i played the game... Hmmm maybe i need to go back and have another go now im a bit older.

Resident evil 1 was incredible, i prefered it to the Resident evil remake, i suppose because i like my zombies to stay dead after im done with them <.<

I thought CV was incredible, the puzzles and the story, for me, make it the best resi yet.

2 was ok i guess, but 3 was confusing with the 24 hours before - 24 after story. Nemesis was a great monster though... ssstaaaarrrssssssss...... :P

Zero, again confusing. The continuity is really off there because in the first resi game shes pretty helpless...... add zero to it and you get a helpless medic who just took out a horde of leeches pretending to be a dead umbrella owner..... yeah... anyway lol

4 Was good, i reminded me slightly of dino crisis 2 which i enjoyed. It was lacking in the puzzle element thought and that was a little dissapointing. Its just not resi if they dont have to collect 8 different keys instead of kicking the door down!