NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

What I would like to see is a Resi4 remake, with the Ada quest, a new Krausser and Luis quest, an online deathmatch-like mode, and the ability to download new quests so you can play new storylines with different characters...

Even the Resi being online will make me buy it :heh:

Jesus Christ can people not read?

Capcom want to test the waters for the control scheme with a Resi game to launch early next year. That is far too early to create a brand new Resi game and the only Resi game that wouldn't look out of place on Wii is Resi 4, anything else (A remake of any other RE game for example) would require being remade from the ground-up so they may as well make a new title.

Resi 4 would not be a remake, it would be an enhanced port tweaked for the Wii control scheme and with extras. This would lead onto an original Resi game a few years down the line.

Nobodys saying they would prefer that to an original title but judging on the only official news we know so far its looking most probable.

Resident Evil 4 part 2 please that engine was made with gamecube hardware and still looks mighty impressive to this day i cant wait to see what capcom is going to do with it :smile:

Edit: Oh yeah i kinda hope the graphics look as good as the original resitdent evil 4 with the ghosts and dolls that was the closest graphics i have seen to CGI this generation.

I just hope they correct the collision detection. As great as Resi 4 was, the collision detection was so poor!

Edit: Oh yeah i kinda hope the graphics look as good as the original resitdent evil 4 with the ghosts and dolls that was the closest graphics i have seen to CGI this generation.

Just for info's sake. That "game" should be refered to as Resident Evil 3.5, much like the "orginal" RE2 has been known as Resident Evil 1.5 since it was changed/canned

Hell i somehow got the feeling a while ago that what Capcom are showing off as RE5 on the PS3 and 360 just might fall into a black hole and become Resident Evil 4.5

Resi 4 would not be a remake, it would be an enhanced port tweaked for the Wii control scheme and with extras. This would lead onto an original Resi game a few years down the line.

But why not break out and do something new? What you propose is still, whatever way you want to look at it, a remake. Hell, they can use the Resi4 engine if they want just as long as they use it to make a new game. We all know how easy the Wii is to develop for, so the risk of a new project is significantly reduced. Besides, this Resi and Capcom we're talking about here. People will universally go nuts for any new Resi game, but they probably won't if it's just a new version of a game everyone already owns and probably will still be playing on their Wii. All Capcom have to do is make sure it isn't completely guff and it'll be a hit. If it really is launching next year, it's probably already well into development, just like all the titles we saw in motion at E3. Capcom know how to make games. Believe in them.

Online co-op or deathmatch and I'm sold... Any game using the Re4 engien and I'm sold. Even if it's Remake/port.

But why not break out and do something new? What you propose is still, whatever way you want to look at it, a remake. Hell, they can use the Resi4 engine if they want just as long as they use it to make a new game. We all know how easy the Wii is to develop for, so the risk of a new project is significantly reduced. Besides, this Resi and Capcom we're talking about here. People will universally go nuts for any new Resi game, but they probably won't if it's just a new version of a game everyone already owns and probably will still be playing on their Wii. All Capcom have to do is make sure it isn't completely guff and it'll be a hit. If it really is launching next year, it's probably already well into development, just like all the titles we saw in motion at E3. Capcom know how to make games. Believe in them.

I agree completely!

I wouldn't buy another Res Evil 4, even with enhanced controls and truthfully I couldn't see it selling that well if they did!

I agree completely!

I wouldn't buy another Res Evil 4, even with enhanced controls and truthfully I couldn't see it selling that well if they did!

You're saying you wouldn't buy a game that had a Krauser and Luis (and the Ada PS2 mission) added on? I think CAPCOM should do this, because they need to make a game quickly for the Wii to see how people react to it and sales (let's face it, Resi DS was poor).

Anyway, if they added what me and Jay are saying, the game would be 4 times longer than the GC version, and would have new areas in it anyway, so i don't see what the problem would be.

Based on what Capcom have said an enhanced version of Resident Evil 4 seems by far the most probable thing to happen. What Capcom have said so far is all we have to go on.

By that logic the PS2 version is a remake of the Gamecube version, it would just be an upscaled port with extras and Wii controls, they're not remaking the main game so its not a remake.

I'm not saying thats what I'd prefer, all I'm saying is that the facts are that Capcom want to make a Resident Evil game to test the waters for Resi on Wii before making any new entires to the main Resi series. Unless that view has changed then Resi 4+ seems like the most probable way for it to happen. Its nothing about not believing in Capcom, I seem to be one of the only people actually believing and listening to what they've said so far.

Enhanced? Remake? New controls? Something new? Whatever they do, if its even close with how ground-brakingly awsome Resident Evil 4 was I will be one very happy person.

A continuation of Resi 4 would be amazing, with Leon heading to another similar village to investigate etc, but with entirely different locations, where 4 had the village, mansion and military sites, the new one could feature different types of settings, locations etc. + wiimote control, so you can shoot accurately and move around with the analog stick at the same time. Real time weapon change would also be nice. Personally I want as many resi evil games on Wii as possible, but what I don't want is some shitty gun survivor type of bollocks.

You're saying you wouldn't buy a game that had a Krauser and Luis (and the Ada PS2 mission) added on? I think CAPCOM should do this, because they need to make a game quickly for the Wii to see how people react to it and sales (let's face it, Resi DS was poor).

Anyway, if they added what me and Jay are saying, the game would be 4 times longer than the GC version, and would have new areas in it anyway, so i don't see what the problem would be.

I wouldn't buy it for sure, rent I would, but it doesn't warrant a purchase unless it's a whole other game (I've played the Ada missions!)... ie a good 20hrs extra worth of gaming, ok, maybe 16hrs!

If anything it'll be a continuation with Leon, meaning going further with the Plagas story or a remake of Resident Evil 2. They can't do a RE4 remake, that would be so crappy.

I guess they might reuse a large portion of the code in Resident Evil 4 so they're done with this very quickly.

Actually, I think it'll be about what happened in between 2 and 4. Should be shexy.

Hell i somehow got the feeling a while ago that what Capcom are showing off as RE5 on the PS3 and 360 just might fall into a black hole and become Resident Evil 4.5

Well that would make sense as the current character involved looks nothing like chris redfield, and the ada mission on the ps2 version of RE4 is terrible, annoying and tedious,

Just for info's sake. That "game" should be refered to as Resident Evil 3.5, much like the "orginal" RE2 has been known as Resident Evil 1.5 since it was changed/canned

What was different between the original RE2 and the one that got released? Big change in storyline?

Well that would make sense as the current character involved looks nothing like chris redfield, and the ada mission on the ps2 version of RE4 is terrible, annoying and tedious,

No it isn't, it plays exactly like Resident Evil 4 and is coupled with some well made cut-scenes which help to develop the story of Resident Evil 4 much further. Having played it the Gamecube version feels like an incomplete experience in comparison.

Oh, and you're telling me that

resident-evil-ps3-1.jpg

doesn't resemble an older, grapically superior version of this...

ChrisRedfield.jpg

They might make some kind of expansion pack wich requires you to own the GC version of RE4. Perhaps they could sell SD cards wich contains the new data?

Just my suggestion.

Actually it was really good (ok the graphics were poor but still...), and infact it makes the whole experience of the game better, seeing it from Ada's eyes. If only they did it on the GC version :(

I'm seeing them doing another game using the RE4 engine. Like the Prime series, it will just allow the enginge to naturally mature by the addition of even more lighting effects and so on.

As I understood it, if you already have an engine ready to go then making a game takes a good deal less time. I recon that Capcom could make an entirely new game by 2007. I think 9 months on content is pretty good and they've had longer than that.

As I understood it, if you already have an engine ready to go then making a game takes a good deal less time. I recon that Capcom could make an entirely new game by 2007. I think 9 months on content is pretty good and they've had longer than that.

They probably started Wii project right after RE4 was released.