NEurope
DiemetriX

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

yeah. Thats the way you do them, and it works well. They are very simple so you'll probably remember them all. You can also go into your inventory screen to see all the combinations you have learned. You use both analog sticks and you will see Naruto forming the seal with his hands.

Sexy no jutsu: Press LT | down down | left right | Release LT

Shadowclone: Press LT | up up | left right | Release LT

That looks great! I really like the idea of having to perform hand seals using the analogue sticks. Just mashing buttons in previous Naruto games didn't feel right. I'm glad that you can see all the combos in the inventory too, I was worried about forgetting about the moves in combat. Nice one Ubisoft! ^^

Now, just to wait for the rest of the footage you got, I can't wait to see it!

The handseal idea is nice, but at the same time... since when does Naruto need several handseals to do a kage bunshin? Or any hand seals to run up a tree? Naruto running on water and vertical surfaces should be normality once you learn it. Not something confined to trees that are glowing blue. It would make the street running in Konoha so much more awesome if you could just run sideways along any wall...

As cool as that map and footage looks I always imagined Konoha was bigger :heh:

But anyway it's looking amazing so far and I can't even wait just to roam the streets. But Naruto only does one Seal for Kage Bushin and none for walking on trees and water but either way I won't care to much it's still looking fantastic.

But that footage just looks lovely.

Are they reliable though? I've never ordered from them.

I've never ordered from them but the feed back on hotukdeals.com seems pretty favorable so fingers crossed!

I want to pre-order it but right now we don't know if it's going to suck or not.... I mean it looks mostly promising right now, but we really haven't seen enough of it. Just Konoha and Neji over and over again.

Does anyone think regular fighting would've been much better than a flat beat-em-up style?

Here's what I would love to see in a Naruto game:

You're playing as Rock Lee, you have the camera behind you, like Zelda or something. The boss of the level is Gaara. He's just standing in the middle of the room, arms folded, launching out sand at you. You can dodge around him, double jump off the air and speed boost. You can throw Kunai with B. Your task is to dodge the sand and get close enough to try land a kick :D

Now that's what I want to see. Fights shouldn't be limited to beat em ups with health bars. That's not how the fights take place in the manga.... Naruto shouldn't beat Neji just because he dodges the Hakke Rokujuu Yonshou and lands twelve combos til his HP drops. Neji should be like a 3 stage boss or something.

Making the fights like Ubisoft has just seems like laziness to me. It could've been so much more. Still, the exploration/RPG side looks enjoyable. Fingers crossed it works :)

Shorty for cheif of Development!

Now that sounds like a Naruto game to me. I don't know much about the game but I mainly bought a 360 for this game so i'm gonna get it, and if it sucks afer the hype then chances are i'm gonna sell my 360.

This looks very hot. While I love the idea of doing hand seals, that would be only for complicated jutsus or something. Not to mention all those shoulder buttons confuse me.

Please never, ever say that again :shakehead

:heh:

Im pretty upset how this has been pushed back til November, guess the next 360 game I get will be Eternal Sonata.

Pretty good footage there. Definently looking forward to it now. I can't wait just to travel round the Leaf Village. And with RPG elements it should be interesting.

Nice preview, the game is looking really awesome so far! I really like that there's scenes from the actual anime used as cutscenes too. ^^

Oh, and anyone seen this? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/110085.html A trailer for a new PS3 exclusive Naruto game, from Namco Bandai. It's only about 1 min long though, and it's camera footage.

It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out, it looks a lot like Rise of a Ninja to me. And a some idiots on a Naruto forum are like, "OMG, leik, this game looks awesome, Rise of a Ninja is pwnt! lol", which to me seems stupid, as it's such a short trailer. Also, with Namco Bandai's track record with Naruto games *coughuzumakichroniclescough*, it could be quite bad...

Glad I bagged this for such an awesome price!

Also, Shorty, your sig is fucking cool!

Nice preview, the game is looking really awesome so far! I really like that there's scenes from the actual anime used as cutscenes too. ^^

Oh, and anyone seen this? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/110085.html A trailer for a new PS3 exclusive Naruto game, from Namco Bandai. It's only about 1 min long though, and it's camera footage.

It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out, it looks a lot like Rise of a Ninja to me. And a some idiots on a Naruto forum are like, "OMG, leik, this game looks awesome, Rise of a Ninja is pwnt! lol", which to me seems stupid, as it's such a short trailer. Also, with Namco Bandai's track record with Naruto games *coughuzumakichroniclescough*, it could be quite bad...

That title does look pretty nice though. Having the Rasengan is definitely a bonus. Shame the 360 title ends a little before my favourite arc (Sannin arc). If there's another 360 title, that'll probably be the best one. Like with skate, I feel the 360 go out in its last couple of years with some absolutely amazing sequels.

Shorty for cheif of Development...

Please never, ever say that again :shakehead

I absolutely agree!