N-Europe

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

DiemetriX

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling these voices are just going to be for the fighting part of the game.

Not really. I mean on the 1st level I could be playing an expert player who has spent ages on the game. I was hoping they would use something like Halos ranking system so you get paired with people that are at the same skill level as you, or near enough at least.

Which is like a real exam, it's just how the game is based, I personally don't have anything wrong with it. I manage to get to the fourth floor today, i was chuffed, had an awesome match with some guy using rock lee on that floor, just beat me with the smallest of health!

lols so I think I got a broken version, for some reason Temari, Kankurou, Tenten, Hinata, Ino, Shikamaru, Chouji, Shino, Zaku, Kim, Dosu, Sandaime, Iruka, Mizuki, Baki, Gai, Asuma and Kurenai are all missing from my copy!

¬______________¬

This game screams laziness.

Yea it is pretty bad. Sucked to see it cause at prelims for 3rd round it was only Sasuke,Naruto, Neji, Garaa and Sakura that was standing there, then for 3rd round everyone again except Sakura.

Is lazy though, wouldn't of been that hard to add them in. Also at points in cut scenes it jumps a bit for me. One time a message came up with a Jaraiya scene and said I had to restart console, but I didn't and it worked fine. I hate his voice in the game, why did it have to be different from anime.

God damned Ninja races, why are they so easy until you get to the last one. Son of a bitch its got it all, water, ledges, rope zipping and my favourite view blocking. It pisses me off when a bush or some other shit blocks my view of a) the arrow b) the next ring. Grrr.

Played this for about 10 minutes and i have absolutely fell in love with it.

I'm going to get into the Naruto series now and buy the box-sets etc..and any-other cool stuff i can get my hands on!

Why haven't i got into Naruto before?!

Guest Stefkov

Ok. So I wait a week for the game to bloody come and now there's an age restriction on exclusive content.

This is getting worse by the minute.

Guest Stefkov
Is the exclusive content finally out? About time, english voices are doing my head in. Age restriction is pointless.

Still can't see any. I'll check in Market Place.

Jap voices are in the exclusive content...well will be.

I really think I might wait and play the game with the Jap voices. I felt like turning it off when I heard 'BELIEVE IT!'

I've never heard something as bad as that.

Because I got angry at its lateness I kinda started to critisize the game while I played. The compass/map was a bit choppy while rotating which caught my eye a few time. You fall extremely fast, double jump ooff a high builing you fall realy fast, like zip down to the floor.

Still, I love just running around.

Played this for about 10 minutes and i have absolutely fell in love with it.

I'm going to get into the Naruto series now and buy the box-sets etc..and any-other cool stuff i can get my hands on!

Why haven't i got into Naruto before?!

Please, stop playing the game, watch the anime, uncut and subtitled, all the way up to episode 80 - or read the manga - before you play. You will really ruin an amazing story and not even be able to follow it all. The game misses so many characters, so many important points, so much content and backstory. I'm not faulting them that much, there would be too much to sit and watch, but really it takes a lot away from Naruto.

As a big Naruto fan, I was left somewhat uninspired by the game. I just spent the entire time saying 'well that could be better' or 'hmm here I would've done things a little differently'. In the end I finished it before I got the Japanese voices and I'm fairly sure I'll never play through the main game again. I hope they bring out a sequel and drastically improve all the areas they seemed to cut (big) corners on.

Also where the heck was the hospital in Konoha? Or the dango bar? Or the market? Ino's flower shop? The path out of town with the trees and bench that Sasuke left Sakura on? The Hyuuga or Uchiha clan residence? The rooftop where Team 7 met Kakashi? A lot of Konoha was great, but sometimes I think they didn't use the anime or manga for reference at all :/

The thing that got me most of all though, was that they used censored footage. I couldn't believe what happened when Naruto went to take the poison from his hand x_x

Well, I completed the game now, and it finishes too fast imo. In terms of gameplay, I think it is the best Naruto game, but whilst it's still an enjoyable game, theres too much missed out. And I wish they'd hurry up releasing Shikamaru and the Japanese voices as downloadable content.

Please, stop playing the game, watch the anime, uncut and subtitled, all the way up to episode 80 - or read the manga - before you play. You will really ruin an amazing story and not even be able to follow it all. The game misses so many characters, so many important points, so much content and backstory. I'm not faulting them that much, there would be too much to sit and watch, but really it takes a lot away from Naruto.

I couldn't agree more. There's tons of important plot points missed out, and a lot of brilliant and emotional scenes. It's best to watch the anime first.

As a big Naruto fan, I was left somewhat uninspired by the game. I just spent the entire time saying 'well that could be better' or 'hmm here I would've done things a little differently'. In the end I finished it before I got the Japanese voices and I'm fairly sure I'll never play through the main game again. I hope they bring out a sequel and drastically improve all the areas they seemed to cut (big) corners on.

I really hope that if they make a sequel (which is likely, considering the scene after the end credits), it doesn't skip too much of the anime too. But I did find it quite enjoyable and I think I will play through it again. It's just not the Naruto experience I was hoping for.

Also where the heck was the hospital in Konoha? Or the dango bar? Or the market? Ino's flower shop? The path out of town with the trees and bench that Sasuke left Sakura on? The Hyuuga or Uchiha clan residence? The rooftop where Team 7 met Kakashi? A lot of Konoha was great, but sometimes I think they didn't use the anime or manga for reference at all :/

Very good point, I never thought of all this actually. It is a bit rubbish that they didn't add all these areas. I also find it annoying that a lot of the cutscenes, that are taken from scenes within the anime, are in completely the wrong location. Like the scene where the 3rd Hokage announces the chunin exams to the senseis, for example. That was indoors, not on the bloody roof! I do think they used the manga/anime as reference, but just not well enough.

The thing that got me most of all though, was that they used censored footage. I couldn't believe what happened when Naruto went to take the poison from his hand x_x

I know, I hate the fact that they have censored footage too. Mind you, I guess they did it so that the game got a lower age rating.

Funny you should mention that....I haven't had time to play this game but i was beginning to think i'm going to ruin the DVD by playing it anyway!

Now i'm in a bit of a pickle...i'll hopefully get the box-set of the first series for Christmas, so...do i stop playing the game altogether and watch the series first, and then play the game up until the bits i've just watched?

Leaving the game until i've watched all 80's episodes would mean i won't be able to play it for at least a month?! lol :D

No idea what to do now....in your opinion, the game isn't ruined by watching the Series,no?

Also, wheres the best place to buy the Dvd's?!

Thanks for the info mate! : peace:

You should just download the Japanese subs or if there still on youtube, watch them. Only the first 52 episodes are out on DVD here I think.

Should try and hold out on playing the game, you'll appreciate the anime so much more.

Ok, i'll try my best! :D

May purchase the first 52 though...just for convenience and i like having the disc etc...! :)

I'd play the game then watch the series. That way you'll get the base story and then have it expanded upon

My biggest problem with the game was that as a non-Naruto fan i didn't find that i cared much for the characters. There was very little character building in the game, which sucked big time. I do look forward to a sequel though.

I traded Naruto in today for CoD4

I'd play the game then watch the series. That way you'll get the base story and then have it expanded upon

My biggest problem with the game was that as a non-Naruto fan i didn't find that i cared much for the characters. There was very little character building in the game, which sucked big time. I do look forward to a sequel though.

I traded Naruto in today for CoD4

There is so much behind every character that you have missed by playing the game first. Gaara's reasons for his hatred and his tragic past, where Zabuza and Haku are from and what they're really aiming for. Naruto's 'nindo' or 'way of the ninja' was never expanded upon. Sakura and Ino's friendship and eventual rivalry, the origin of the three sound ninja, what Sasuke is after and why Orochimaru bit him. Most importantly, the most moving part of the entire second storyline, The Third Hokage vs. Orochimaru and it's finale, were completely skipped out. Wonder what that big smoke explosion was in the stands during the exam finals? That was the beginning of an epic battle.

Honestly I can't imagine feeling anything for the series if I had only played the game, the story was rushed and choppy and half of it didn't make sense. Now if you go back to the anime, you'll get all the expansion and character development you wanted, but you'll know how it's all going to end!