N-Europe

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

DiemetriX

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine got shipped today from GAME. I was having problems with GAME aswell, it wouldnt take my card details despite my entering them correctly. I then tried saving my card details and then paying and it worked.

It mentioned card problems for me aswell and kept trying to re-order then messed with my details. Eventually left it and ordered with shopto.net. It will be here tomorrow but I don't think anyone will be in to sign for it...

Im the same Stef, just got up ( been on nights ) and nothing there for me. Its annoying as hell especially as I ordered it with Express delivery.

It's true HOT, Express delivery will come by a courier...i think it's Parcel-force or DHL.

If it was dispatched yesterday, then it should be today it gets to you.

Mines here. Just had a quick whirl on it. Ran around Konoha Village collecting coins for random peoples. Lots of fun, although jumping seems weird, you hang in the air for a few seconds.

Got to finish a C# Program now before I got to work at nine.. :(

You ordered Express Delivery on Game? That's pointless really as the free postage always comes 1st class. I'm guessing Express might be a Courier and well you know they could come at anytime.

My order was over £100 so I got it free and no it didnt show up with DHL or Parcel Force either, pretty peed off about it to be honest. The whole reason I order online is to get games early if I knew this was going to happen I might aswell just picked it up from a shop tomorrow.

Guest Stefkov

Home all day tommorow. I wanted it today so I could at least get a bit of work done tommorow.

I guess the work will have to wait.

Well, I've been playing this all evening, and I think it's awesome! Very slow and confusing at first, but once you unlock some new moves, jutsus, etc it gets a lot better. ^^

Still now downloads yet though by the looks of things, it still says "coming soon" on the exclusive content page...

Impressions from Kotaku

There I was, standing in the middle of GameStop yesterday, holding a copy of TimeShift in one hand and a copy of Ubisoft's Naruto: Rise of the Ninja in the other. I only had $60 to spend, and the cashier behind the counter kept chanting, "TimeShift...TimeShift.." over and over again in a monotone voice. On the one hand I had been waiting for TimeShift for over two years. On the other, my nephew might come over this weekend and he loves him some Naruto. Having kicked a Frag Doll's ass at the game earlier this year, and being a good uncle, I had to go with Naruto. To my surprise, it turned out to be one of the best purchasing decisions I've made in quite some time.

Rise of the Ninja is really two games in one. There's an adventure game in which you run around Leaf Village doing quests as you follow Naruto on his rise from an obnoxious orphan everyone despises to an obnoxious ninja everybody seems to like. Then there's the fighting game, which allows you to test your ninja prowess against friends both online and offline. Statistically speaking, at least one of the two should suck. It is a licensed game after all, and while there have been several spectacular Japanese Naruto fighting games, this one was created by Ubisoft Montreal - the first non-Japanese developed Naruto game. Somehow they completely beat the odds. Both modes are pretty damn entertaining.

Tales Of The Obnoxious Ninja

Story mode features you as Naruto, running around Leaf Village doing quests, powering up your fighting moves, and going on missions that carry you through the storyline up to Naruto winning...some big thing. The Chunin Exam, possibly? Not being a big fan of the anime itself didn't stop me from enjoying story mode. It just made me terrible at writing about it. There's this evil sand guy, who tries to kill the bushy-eyebrow kid after nearly killing him anyway. I'll assume it does a pretty good job of following the story, because at several points I recognized moments from the Cartoon Network episodes I managed to catch.

The action in story mode is a mix of platforming craziness interrupted by rounds of fighting. Say you are running through the woods and a bandit appears. In JRPG fashion you enter a battle screen which plays out like your standard 3D fighter. Despite a bunch of fights against the same four or five types of fodder over and over again, the fighting was always nicely balanced with the platforming so as to never feel tiresome or annoying.

The main fun of story mode lies in exploration. I could run around Leaf Village for hours, just sprinting about, jumping across rooftops, and generally being a little hyperactive jerk, just like the real Naruto. As you level up your jitsu powers, more areas open up to you, providing almost as much of a driving force to complete the game as the story itself.

The neatest thing about story mode as far as I am concerned? Memoclips. As you progress through the game you earn memories after important events, called memoclips. When you fall in battle during your adventure, instead of dying, you are taken to a screen that allows you to select from whatever memoclips you have acquired. Like any fighting anime, when Naruto falls, he uses memories of his past to inspire him to go on. Depending on the memoclip you choose, you'll have a certain number of seconds to tap the A button to recover power. It's such a simple little mechanic, but it adds to the anime-feel of the game tremendously.

Kungu-Fu Fighting

The fighting game portion of Rise of the Ninja is relatively simple. There are only eleven characters to choose from, with buttons for vertical attacks, horizontal attacks, blocking, jumping, and grabbing. What sets it apart from other fighting games is the special moves, known as jitsus. Rather than just using a combinations of buttons to unleash a

jitsu, players must hold down the left trigger, standing completely still until their power reaches the target intensity, indicated by a sort of ring power meter dealie bob on the screen. If you are successful, your character launches into their particular jitsu, which acts as sort of a mini-game. For instance, when Naruto performs the Shadow Clone jitsu, he inputs a button combination. If his opponent matches the button for any particular part of the move, the damage is negated and Naruto misses. While jitsus are extremely power, standing still and charging one up leaves you very open to attack.

Thanks to the simplicity of the battle system, characters animate as smoothly online as they do offline, but trust me...online is where it's at. Specifically the Forest of Death Tournament, which unlike regular fighting tournaments is always open. A persistent world fighting tournament? Once you enter the tournament, you have to win two consecutive matches to enter the Tower of Doom. Win three more matches and you are a champion, taking on opponent after opponent until you fall, all the while gaining points that reflect on your score in the leaderboards. You can of course just play one match against a random opponent for a quick online fix, but the tournament mode is so much more fulfilling, assuming you win. I am not a winner. *sniffs*

Super Sexy Jitsu

I really didn't think I would enjoy Naruto: Rise of the Ninja this much. I expected a passable fighting game with a forgettable story mode tacked on, but what I ended up with was so much more. Now I've got to run out to GameStop and beat up that cashier that laughed at me for buying it.

So I get home from Uni and this still isn't here. I seen the postman at the end of my street but dunno if he was starting or ending.

For his sake he better be starting. This was suppose to arrive yesterday with recorded delivery. If it doesn't get here i'm gonna Chidori their asses.

Just got it there. No need to do a Chidori today.

This game's kinda weak really, they use cut clips that I think were first aired on Jetix ¬_¬ the bit where Naruto goes to stab his hand the screen just judders and goes red... also they miss out vital characters and moments and make the anime look shite. There was no explanation at all for why Naruto threw his kunai to Zabuza! And Inari and Tsunami didn't even feature in the arc, and it's Naruto's effect on Inari and Zabuza that was the key point to that arc.

It's fun to play and everything, but they're taking too many shortcuts to do Naruto justice as a manga.

Also I still can't change the voices over to Japanese.