NEurope
DiemetriX

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

There is so much behind every character that you have missed by playing the game first. Gaara's reasons for his hatred and his tragic past, where Zabuza and Haku are from and what they're really aiming for. Naruto's 'nindo' or 'way of the ninja' was never expanded upon. Sakura and Ino's friendship and eventual rivalry, the origin of the three sound ninja, what Sasuke is after and why Orochimaru bit him. Most importantly, the most moving part of the entire second storyline, The Third Hokage vs. Orochimaru and it's finale, were completely skipped out. Wonder what that big smoke explosion was in the stands during the exam finals? That was the beginning of an epic battle.

Honestly I can't imagine feeling anything for the series if I had only played the game, the story was rushed and choppy and half of it didn't make sense. Now if you go back to the anime, you'll get all the expansion and character development you wanted, but you'll know how it's all going to end!

I agree with Shorty, so much has been missed. Every little part of the story they attempt to tell is cut so much. Even the beginning with the scroll.

To be honest I don't think I would like it at all if I didn't like the anime. I think perhaps the only reason I stuck through it all to the end was my loyalty to the series. That said it's enjoyable for a quick go. You could rent it and complete it in a couple of days, with little to draw you back in.

There is so much behind every character that you have missed by playing the game first. Gaara's reasons for his hatred and his tragic past, where Zabuza and Haku are from and what they're really aiming for. Naruto's 'nindo' or 'way of the ninja' was never expanded upon. Sakura and Ino's friendship and eventual rivalry, the origin of the three sound ninja, what Sasuke is after and why Orochimaru bit him. Most importantly, the most moving part of the entire second storyline, The Third Hokage vs. Orochimaru and it's finale, were completely skipped out. Wonder what that big smoke explosion was in the stands during the exam finals? That was the beginning of an epic battle.

Honestly I can't imagine feeling anything for the series if I had only played the game, the story was rushed and choppy and half of it didn't make sense. Now if you go back to the anime, you'll get all the expansion and character development you wanted, but you'll know how it's all going to end!

Thats why i look forward to watching the Anime, the game hints at all this stuff. I've got a lot of questions that need answering.

I know the game won't spoil my enjoyment of the Anime because theres so much more to see, but the Anime could spoil my enjoyment of the game if i'd watched it first.

Most importantly, the most moving part of the entire second storyline, The Third Hokage vs. Orochimaru and it's finale, were completely skipped out. Wonder what that big smoke explosion was in the stands during the exam finals? That was the beginning of an epic battle.

That bit was awesome! Although the battle with Orochimaru and the Third Hokage did drag on a bit in the anime. And it is in the game, but just briefly as images in the background as the credits roll. I find that really annoying tbh. :heh:

I think that the end of the land of Haku Zabuza saga was the most emotional moment in the first series though. I was literally in tears at that moment. Mind you, the finale of the Orochimaru vs. Third Hokage battle had the same effect, but it wasn't as sad imo.

Game just froze entering a Chunin ninja battle.

Didn't save it well since I turned it on, hope the autosave is good...

Game just froze entering a Chunin ninja battle.

Didn't save it well since I turned it on, hope the autosave is good...

Autosave saved my balls when it froze on me. I hope it done its job for you.

Finished the hide and seek today, just need to do 4 more deliveries and find 5 more love-lorns.

I know the game won't spoil my enjoyment of the Anime because theres so much more to see, but the Anime could spoil my enjoyment of the game if i'd watched it first.
Well that's certainly true, it would leave you saying the same thing as me: "what the #@*$ did they just do to my favourite anime?!"

Autosave saved my balls when it froze on me. I hope it done its job for you.

Finished the hide and seek today, just need to do 4 more deliveries and find 5 more love-lorns.

It did do. Just saved as I entered the Forest of Death. Defeated Kiba and Orochimaru, now back in Konoha to get me some health and such, even if it is limited by the seal.

Man, can't be bothered doing the Forest of Death online with every freaking character for the achievements.

Doubt i'll get 1000 for this now.

Think the coins will stump me on this one. Finished the lovelorns and deliveries today, got the acrobat as well. Just need to do the coins and online achievements. One of the only games that has made me want to do the achievements, usually after the completion of story mode I give (ie Gears).

Well. Wasn't that a bit short. If it weren't for the side quests this would have been a real short game. Now to get everything else in the game.

Lovelorn villagers done.

Last Ramen delivery was a bitch. Done all them now.

Anyone else done the Forest of Death Exam online? I just can't be bothered doing it all for some achievements. And it's annoying cause you need to learn each characters seals and combos to make it far.

Guess what gets finally put up on marketplace?

Japanese voices

Ah thanks for the heads up. About time. I got an e-mail before the release saying to download Shikamaru and to get the Jap voices and now it's finally up.

No more "Believe it!" It makes me cringe.

Guess what gets finally put up on marketplace?

Japanese voices

One of the bonuses of me leaving this until i watched the DVD, right? :D