N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Fantastic result.Great goals.

I love you Rosicky you sexy beast.

All you who are saying we didn't deserve it are being ridiculous, Liverpool may have had more possession but that doesn't automatically make you the better side. Liverpool didn't threaten our goal too much and didn't make the most of their opportunities. And anyway, it's not about who deserves it the most, it's a cup tie and the only thing that's important is winning and getting through.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so mate. :grin::hmm: :wink:

As Peter Hillwood said in 1989, when we beat Liverpool 2-0 to win the league.

"Never in any doubt".

Expected display from Arsenal, fantastic result, fantastic goals. Bring on round 4!

Hopefully it will be Arsenal vs Norwich, my dad is a Norwich fan so it would be nice for us all to go to the Emirates.

Hopefully it will be Arsenal vs Norwich, my dad is a Norwich fan so it would be nice for us all to go to the Emirates.

I hope so to, as I live in Norwich and not only would it be a nice short trip but practically all my friends here support Norwich, and I love it when they get humiliated

Guest Stefkov

6-1 Chelsea, they hammered them. I didnt watch it, saw the results on five news.

Please someone tell me Shevchenko scored one of those 6...

OMG, great preformance by arsenal, thats why you should never allow them to play. well deserved.

regarding liverpool, well, they are only 7 behing chelsea and can cut the gap seeing how chelsea will draw the next few games. if anyone has a shot apart from chelsea and utd for the title, its liverpool.

Ah well, Frank Lampards still top dog. He's great too, Im glad he's managed to play so much for Chelsea since the take over. He was always gonna be a super player, and for the record so is Carrick. Cant believe Im defending a Utd player. :shock:

For Liverpool to be seen as serious contenders for this seasons league, Man Utd would have to capitulate. If it was Chelsea top and Liverpool second on their current points, then Id say they were in it.

Oh dear. :heh:

Not deserved in the slightest, but they've got the win, so I doubt they're going to care. For a non-Arsenal and non-Liverpool supporter like me, it's been a bit of an uneventful match to watch.

Were you watching the same match sonny jim???

Firstly it was a deserved victory for us gooners. The scousers may have dominated possession for most of the match but they didn't do too much with it at all. They hardly got behind our defence and hardly had any chances.

And secondly I don't see how that match was uneventful. 4 goals, 3 of them sublime and between two top footballing sides containing the likes of Steven Gerrard and Thierry Henry.

What is there not to like? The fact that we beat the scousers should at least make you feel a little better you United pansy. :D :wink: : peace:

Firstly it was a deserved victory for us gooners. The scousers may have dominated possession for most of the match but they didn't do too much with it at all. They hardly got behind our defence and hardly had any chances.

And secondly I don't see how that match was uneventful. 4 goals, 3 of them sublime and between two top footballing sides containing the likes of Steven Gerrard and Thierry Henry.

What is there not to like? The fact that we beat the scousers should at least make you feel a little better you United pansy. :D :wink: : peace:

The first half an hour was dull. Even when there was an attack, it was always coming from Liverpool. You scored 3 goals, that's true, but they were more or less against the run of play.

I just expected more of a contest, but it seemed like neither team wanted to lose, so it was more defend, defend, defend and then maybe catch them on the counter.

Guest Stefkov
Nope...

Lampard x3

Wright Philips

Obi Mikel

Carvaliho

Frickin hell. He could have at least taken the penalty. But saying that didnt he miss an important one for Milan. Also he missed when he played for Ukraine.

Stef, I think I heard that Sheva got a penalty. Though whether he was felled for it and didnt actually take it is another matter. Hope he scored somehow, I mean, he is a class act!

Yeah, I heard on the radio him getting tripped up by the goalie, goalie getting sent off, a player going in net. Then I went inside etc.

As if..

http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx?fxid=312964&cpid=1

Lampard got a hat-trick, though. o_O

Good that he got a hat trick.

Rosicky's first was quality, but his second should never have been allowed to happen - piss poor defending and as for Henry's goal, well Carragher (I think) should have just put the ball out of play, instead he tried to be clever and fell over, allowing Henry in for the goal (Agger made no attempt to challenge him either)!

The first half an hour was dull. Even when there was an attack, it was always coming from Liverpool. You scored 3 goals, that's true, but they were more or less against the run of play.

I just expected more of a contest, but it seemed like neither team wanted to lose, so it was more defend, defend, defend and then maybe catch them on the counter.

You need to realise that the mentality is totally different for Cup games.

I've always thought the FA cup was always more attack-minded. That's why there's so many shock victories, because teams are giving it more of a go.

Because they absolutely need the win, they can't cruise through with draws.

As for the arsenal-liverpool match, I thought arsenal deserved it, as they defended well, but I thought dudek was unlucky to let in henry's goal.

I dont know what to think about the Liverpool vs Arsenal match.

If i was a fan of liverpool i would have said that they deserved to win, if I was an Arsenal fan I would have said that they deserved to win.

Its a tough call, but overall i think liverpool should have won. I guess Arsenal took the chances that they got well and didnt show too much of the goal to the scousers. Ah well, Im MU fan anyway. I must say that i found myself getting frustrated and excited during the game.

Edit: Id like to just say that however much i think Henry is great, his goal today wasnt all that IMO. Firstly, Carragher made a mistake. Usually he would have put the ball out of play - it's tierry henry for pete's sake. However, because Liverpool were attacking well, keeping posession, showing fighting spirit, Carragher tried to do something to please the crowds. He muffed it and it all went wrong.

Henry took it towards goal, and the defender should have known Henry would cut inside. He could hardly shoot from the position he was in so the defender should have showed him the wrong way or at least another defender should have covered back to help him out. But no, Henry takes it into the penalty area and has a strike. This is the other thing. Dudek should have saved the shot. It wasnt particularly powerful and squirmed under his body. Reina would have just picked it up and thrown it forward.

End of rant.

Edit: Id like to just say that however much i think Henry is great, his goal today wasnt all that IMO.

I know Carragher made the mistake and no one made a tackle on Henry, but it was Henry's push and run that really impressed me. He was fortunate that Carragher made the mistake but after that, there was still alot to do. But with Henry he makes the rest look easy. :awesome:

End of rant.

I know Carragher made the mistake and no one made a tackle on Henry, but it was Henry's push and run that really impressed me. He was fortunate that Carragher made the mistake but after that, there was still alot to do. But with Henry he makes the rest look easy. :awesome:

End of rant.

Dudek should have saved it anyway regardless of what Carragher did.