Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Before the season I had a £5 bet with my friend that Newcastle would finish above Man U. I wonder what odds I would get at the bookies?

I don't think they would give you any odds. They would probably stare at you for a few seconds then start to laugh.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the season I had a £5 bet with my friend that Newcastle would finish above Man U. I wonder what odds I would get at the bookies?

Without the "Big Four" (Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool), Paddy Power are quoting odds of 8-1 for Newcastle to win.

But when Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool are included, Newcastle are 80-1 with Man U at 5-6.

I would safely say* Newcastle would have odds of (circa) 60-1 to finish above Manchester Utd.

:D

*I'm not a real bookie :P

I don't think they would give you any odds. They would probably stare at you for a few seconds then start to laugh.

Or that!;)

At ladbrokes and betfair newcastle are tipped 350-1 to win. I think I'll put £5 to win and £5 e/w.

When I told my dad the odds he said "I'll give you 500-1" (he's a leeds fan) and then he said "they couldn't even beat villa"

Paddy Power have given them 200-1 :eek:

He is a Leeds Fan. What a man. Well done to him!:yay:

Yeh I was thinking the Van Bommel move would pave the way for his transfer to United. Oh well. I don't think Carrick and Hargreaves would work well in midfield anyway.

Us gooners have been linked with Tevez and Mascharano. As if we are gonna get either of them....

Something slightly fishy going on since tevez is at least rated at around £20 million, and we all know West Ham dont have that kind of money. Cant believe it myself.

FISHY FISHY. adding that the fee and "all other aspects of the transfers will remain confidential and undisclosed"

The thing with these West Ham signings is that they're 'just' loan deals. They may have the option to buy them at the end of the season, but can West Ham really afford it?

Plus, there just isn't something right about this. No offence to West Ham or their supporters, but they're not exactly the biggest team or the most appealing in the league, are they? European prospects, too? Hmm.

Edit: WTF!

The deals are now permanent!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=413424&CPID=8&clid=21&lid=&title=Hammers+complete+huge+coup

What the hell is going on?

At least Arsenal got rid of Ashley Cole, for an Arsenal fan, he's become a complete money grabbing glory hunting cock splash. And I think it would take a world cup winning goal for me to like him again.

Reyes gone also, shame I really liked him, I hoped he would settle. But all the Real bollocks left me wanting him to go.

Apparently Villareal have bought the Cygan which can only be a blessing especially when they've supposedly paid 2 million for him!

Gallas and The Beast Baptista in, two great players, Gallas is clearly needed in the defence, and The Beast will give us some bloody strength on the pitch. All our players seem to be made of paper since Vieira left.

As a neutral, i think i can understand why so many Arsenal fans are glad to see the back of Cole. He hasn't left on good terms at all.

On the plus side, Gallas is an excellent player. :)

I, too, was disappointed about Reyes going to Real. Why are so many players adament about going to Madrid? It didn't do players like Michael Owen's career a world of good.

Cygan is a waste of space. Can't believe you got 2 million for him. :D

I'm a bit disappointed about this whole Hargreaves situation. But, as someone rightly said in this thread, he may not have fitted in well with Carrick in midfield. I'm excited about the United-Spurs game coming, and i'm tempted to place a bet on Carrick scoring against his old team. :)

Will Newcastle please explain why they recalled Milner just as he was about to put pen to paper and join the Villa? We've gotta wait 'til January now to get him. The bastards!

Anyway, Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham? Even though I do actually know how they ended up at West Ham: HOW THE HELL DID WEST HAM GET TEVEZ AND MASCHERANO!?

Will Newcastle please explain why they recalled Milner just as he was about to put pen to paper and join the Villa? We've gotta wait 'til January now to get him. The bastards

Because they where going to use the money to buy Mark Viduka but Boro told them to F off so they settled for Sibierski instead :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!