N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's going to be interesting how Bolton fair next season. They've got an old team with no one young who can really create a stir.

I mean, you look at Aston Villa and that's another story. lots of young players who want to prove themselves; wouldn't surprise me if they become the surprise package of next season.

Next season:

1. Liverpool

2. Mancs

3. Chavs

4. Arse

5. Spurs

6. Bitters

7. Pompey

8. Blackburn

9. Villa

10. Barcodes

11. Bolton

12. Reading

13. Sunderland

14. City

15. Boro

16. Hammers

17. Birmingham

18. Fulham

19. Wigan

20. Derby

: peace:

i think pompeys comeback last season was much better tbh ^^^

Yep agreed, we were far further behind...and at least West Ham have the players who can do the job, we had nothing before Redknapp came back, our best players weren't even playing.or were out of position...

yeah, i agree, pompey's last season was far more impressive.

again yep...

Next season:

1. Liverpool

2. Mancs

3. Chavs

4. Arse

5. Spurs

6. Bitters

7. Pompey

8. Blackburn

9. Villa

10. Barcodes

11. Bolton

12. Reading

13. Sunderland

14. City

15. Boro

16. Hammers

17. Birmingham

18. Fulham

19. Wigan

20. Derby

: peace:

Well I'll live with that Pompey will be in europe that way. I'm gutted we didn't make europe, but knew we wouldn't beat Arsenal and it is annoying to see we won't be playing in the Intertoto Cup as we didn't apply... Think Redknapp felt we weren't ready for Europe yet so maybe just another season of strengthing the squad will do...

On another note, my dad supports Sheffield Utd so am gutted for him...

Guest Stefkov

Can't wait for United vs Sunderland next season. I wonder what kind of reception Keano will get.

I don't see why people are ruling Liverpool out for the Prem...

Let us not forget Liverpool now have some major money pumping into the club, and of course they are in the Champions League.

Not saying we will win it, but to rule us out before the league has even started is just stupid.

keeptidyrx8.jpg

Things like that make me cringe, it's an overused cliche

You really reckon the bin dippers will win the league next season?

Funny that they got a pen just after fowler was subbed off - just as well though, dunno if I could take the scouse-saccharine overload :D

Do you think Newcastle will win something this Millenium?

We have more of a chance of winning something, so you can't really rule out us for anything...

Can't see you guys doing anything next season, Fat Fred can spend all his money but we all know the board will panic again, and the next manager will be sacked come January.

I'm sorry but Warnock is an idiot...... he was the only reason I wanted Sheffield United to be relegated so I don't get to see his ugly mug every week on MOTD.

Warnock is almost as bad as Fat Sam...

I was asking if he really thought they'd get their first premier league title next season, think it's a fair question. I don't think they've got a good enough squad or manager for it to be honest and I think they'll end up below the Mancs and Chelsea again. If we'll win anything or not, who knows - knowing us lot I doubt it. But if we do it'll be utterly brilliant and the celebrations will be immense.

I don't think Liverpool will win the premiership next season......its gonna be between United and Chelski as they are the most consistent teams in the premiership as well as having large financial backing.

Liverpool and us gooners are some way behind them. Pool just don't do very well in the league and focus on cup competitions more. Gunners have an extremely young side that fails to beat "lesser" teams and take all of our chances.

But in saying that, both Liverpool and Arsenal, I guess, are title contenders. I just think its more about United/Chelski now.

I was asking if he really thought they'd get their first premier league title next season, think it's a fair question. I don't think they've got a good enough squad or manager for it to be honest

Rubbish. We have a good set of world class players already. Reina, Carragher, Agger, Finnan, Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso etc. are amongst the very best in their positions. We're just lacking a bit of depth which is why we've struggled to stay consistent over the season. If rumours are to be believed, there'll be plenty of money available in the summer for Rafa to spend, and I see no reason why we can't win it if the right signings are made.

I was asking if he really thought they'd get their first premier league title next season, think it's a fair question. I don't think they've got a good enough squad or manager for it to be honest and I think they'll end up below the Mancs and Chelsea again. If we'll win anything or not, who knows - knowing us lot I doubt it. But if we do it'll be utterly brilliant and the celebrations will be immense.

Good Enough Manager?...What?

Squad wise we do need improvements but we are 8/10's of the way their in terms of having a squad that can compete to the end...

But good enough manager? We have one of the best managers in the world at our club who has guided us to 2 European Cup Finals, with a chance of winning it for the 2nd time in 3 years...

He has won 4 Trophies already which should not be sniffed at, he just needs money to buy world class players, Wether we will win it next season who knows? But Rafa is getting it right and I do not see any reason why we cannot be their, or there abouts come May '08

Mate money doesn't always ensure success. Just look at Chelsea. Just cos you buy some more players doesn't mean you're gonna be amazing next season.

The thing is before Chelsea got Roman they weren't a big club, they hadn't won much, weren't bringing in the players.

With Roman the expectations are so high it's unbelieveable, I mean look at Ranieri, any other season for a club of chelsea's standard a 2nd Place finish and Semi Finalists would of been greeted with a statue erected for him, but since Roman come in Chelsea have been deemed a big club, when they are far from.

Chelsea should ideally should be thrilled with the sucess they have had, but since money is put into the equation, what they have won has been a let down...

Which is weird...

I'm not saying Benitez is a bad manager by any means, but I don't think he's the best manager in the premiership. At the moment (who knows what the close season will bring) I don't think liverpool have the best squad in the premiership either and I think there'd need to be some significant changes for that to happen. We're talking about winning the league here and you have to finish above everyone else to do that.

Liverpool are good at the glory ties, the big games, the dream nights in xxxxx, pulling a 3 goal fightback or 30 yard screamer out of nothing at just the right time. The day to day slog in the prem, they've sometimes looked very ordinary and not massively motivated and that's where the inconsistancy comes in and effects their position in the league. If that's down to the players or the management staff not being able to motivate them I don't know. Similar with us this season, we've played really well and/or got good results against liverpool, man u, chelsea and arsenal this season and not turned up against the likes of Sheffield and dropped points.

The thing is before Chelsea got Roman they weren't a big club, they hadn't won much, weren't bringing in the players.

We finished above them the season before the dodgy Russian waded in...

We finished above them the season before the dodgy Russian waded in...

Yep, I was reminiscing with a friend about the days of Keegan, when Newcastle arguably should have won the title.

We got to it from Warnock, (who I know isn't liked here) I see some similarities, a manager that the clubs fans love as they have such a passion and would die for the club, Warnock is a Blade through and through.

Interesting little side note... My Dad played for Chesterfield back in the day and Warnock signed for them as a player. They had a training match to see how Warnock and some others fitted into the first team. My Dad dived in and slide tackled Warnock and injured him! Delaying his debut in the process...

But then we got onto how Newcastle had suffered such a downfall and they need to get into Europe and finish top end to get back to there, need to get the money rolling in, help relieve some of those debts...

Chelski were just days away from administration before Roman came rolling in.

The new lettering is nice. Not much of a difference but nice all the same. I'm glad we do have a standard design in the Premiership though. Some teams on the continent have some right crazy styles. They look a mess and you can hardly read some of them.

A very trivial issue I know, but it's important to me :geek:

I think Jewell is gonna end up at Man City. Tevez would be good for liverpool but Rafa needs too buy a goalscorer with Tevez playing off behind him. Kuyt Works hard but I am not convinced he will score many goals. Rafa spent £10m on the wrong guy, should of signed Berbatov instead.

Crouch and Bellamy are not good enough. Eto'o and Villa are out of liverpool's budget. come on it would be £30m for each of these and Liverpool have not got that kinda of money so I have no idea why the papers mention these players. Huntalaar would be a good signing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!