N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Is the Chelsea/Liverpool game on ITV? If not, then poo.

Can't believe I missed our awesome comeback yesterday. :( I saw the first half though, so maybe the fact that I didn't watch made us do better? :P

SkySports... or just stream it over the net.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must say that pompey stadium does look impressive and if it looks as good finished as the Munich one does, it will probably be the best looking stadium in the country

only worries are ofc the fact that it's situated on the water, will storms not affect it?

lol I just realised that on the water side isn't the stadium but waterfront appartments :)

I didn't think it would be a great match, tbh.

Apparantly in their last 4 European outings with each other, only one goal has been scored, and that was the 1-0 victory from Liverpool over Chelsea in the year they won the Champs league. Rest of the time it finishes 0-0.

We're lucky we got a single goal. Pretty rubbish for us neutrals. :heh:

Such a shame that Finnan was injured, I think it was one of the main contributors to the scoreline tonight.

If Finnan was there Arbeloa would have been on the left, Riise would have been in midfield and we wouldnt have had to play Zenden, who had a bad game.

Of course we shouldnt have played Bellamy either, he just did nothing in that match.

Personally I would have let Pennant start and then have Crouch upfront with Gerrard just behind him.

I agree. It was one of the worst games Ive watched. If id have payed £40 for a ticket I'd have asked for a refund. And yeah, Zenden shouldnt be in the pemiership.

It was all route 1 stuff, no build up play like Manu and Arsenal do.

Shevchenko was bliddy awful. How much time does he want on the ball before he even thinks what he's gonna do with it next?

Eugh Gutted

We missed Finnan, the guy is sensational to be honest...

Arbeloa....He is far from shit, but cocked up big time

Zenden was being Zenden...

All hope is not lost however...

Also, how awesome are our fans?, Sang their hearts out, only to be booed by the pathetic Chelsea fans, because they couldn't get a song going...

COME ON LIVERPOOL!

Reina kept us in the tie to be honest, World Class save from the 1st Lampard effort..

Cech done well to see Gerrard's shot out...

Still think Liverpool can do this, I am going to the return leg at Anfield and expect it to be perhaps one of the biggest nights in English football...

Just been reading this from Mourinho, he really is a tit

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2087746,00.html

Mourinho was funn,y but he is just a Media Whore, and has no respect for the opposition, Benitez is twice the man he is...

I looked on the BBC Sport forums before, and even the Chelsea fans where bemused about what the special one was saying..

I so want to hate Mourinho but he is so damn entertaining that I just can't :)

I love the mind games he's trying to play at the moment, it's mainly to motivate his own players and to wind up the opposition, but that aint gonna work on Fergie since he's been there and done that so often.

Mourinho does it simply to take focus off his players, Fergie has spent years doing it, Wenger has too, all the great managers do.

When Chelsea play badly, Mourinho makes a stupid comment so that everyone will focus on that as opposed to pointing out the way the team played... and it works a lot! He's a fantastic manager and one the Premiership shouldn't be without!

...and regarding the match, glad we kept a clean sheet, I think we should've taken one of our other chances but still, seemed a fair result I guess. I just hope we get an early goal at Anfield as that'd really dent Liverpool's chances... although they are fantastic at home! Tie's not over by a long-shot!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!