NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Was a great game. Man Utd deserved to win. Kaka was awesome but wouldnt have scored if we had our strongest defence out there.

Good performance in the 2nd half after being 2-1 down. Well done boys :D

I have one thing to say.

What a goal.

And not just technically, but what it meant and the timing and everything too.

Beutifully stuff by united! Wish we had a full deffence kaka would hever have had those goals! Evra suspended next game is what worries me now

I thought Evra had a poor game. Especially most of first half, pointed out in Kaka's second goal.

Carrick should have scored a few but i find he lacks the touch for scoring (not taking into account those 2 great goals the other night) :)

That was an immensely incrensely Intensely irrense First Leg. I wonder what's in store for the second.

Speaking of Carrick didnt they put up a stat saying he was the player who covered the most ground throughout the whole match? well ahead of everyone and over 10km? which is like 6-7 miles isnt it?

I didn't hear them mention he travelled the furthest but yeah it was 10km he travelled.

10 kilometers = 6.21371192 miles.

He totally deserved to score at that back post. Shame he missed.

Fucking Yes!

I was out tonight, and I saw the first half and thought we were going to lose the game. Asked somebody at a bar what the final score was and was happy to see we had turned things around.

Awesome!

Was a great game. Man Utd deserved to win. Kaka was awesome but wouldnt have scored if we had our strongest defence out there.

Good performance in the 2nd half after being 2-1 down. Well done boys :D

I said that to my bird, it would've been 3-0 if Ferdinand and Neville were on the pitch.

Great game that was last night... 2 fantastic Kaka goals but equal to them was the vision of Paul Scholes! What a pass it was that lead to your equaliser!

The game definately changed when Gattuso got subbed off, Milan's midfield just opened up and allowed Scholes and Carrick to see the ball and control the tempo.

No more "lucky last mintue Chelsea goal" quotes I hope now!

From now on every Manu supporter here will have 'Rooney is a ledge' in their sig.

A ledge you say.. How big, I've got a lot of flower pots that need sunshine. Would you say five pots would fit on the ledge?

On a serious note. Alan Ball has died of a heart attack at just 61, England legend. Only the second member of the '66 world cup team to pass away.

Great news for us Pompey fans today, finally our new stadium gets unveiled!

0,,10396~3187198,00.jpg

0,,10396~3187183,00.jpg

Expected work to start next year and we start playing their 2010/2011 looks fantastic and unique!

Rooney's goal was skill, and nowt else. The score now means Man U can't afford a loss at the San Siro, unless they were to lose 4-3.

I knew there wasn't going to be a problem with the Milan fans. They don't have an Ultras group like Roma do, and are generally well behaved, unlike the Inter fans, Fuck the Union Jack, indeed. :nono:

On a serious note. Alan Ball has died of a heart attack at just 61, England legend. Only the second member of the '66 world cup team to pass away.

Alan Ball? Wasn't he the youngest player in the '66 squad? Even so, that is a real shame. :(

Great news for us Pompey fans today, finally our new stadium gets unveiled!

0,,10396~3187198,00.jpg

0,,10396~3187183,00.jpg

Please tell me the new stadium will NOT look like THAT!

Alan Ball? Wasn't he the youngest player in the '66 squad? Even so, that is a real shame. :(

Please tell me the new stadium will NOT look like THAT!

Yeah Alan Ball was the youngest, which is why you wouldn't have expected it, big shock. I'll always remember his second stint as pompey manager 1999 season where he saved us from relegation.

As for the new pompey stadium, yes it will look like that! I like it! It's being designed by two of the guys who did the world cup stadium in munich and the olympic stadium in bejing, at least it is unique and not one of these indentikit bowl stadiums that seem all too standard in recent years...

As for the new pompey stadium, yes it will look like that! I like it! It's being designed by two of the guys who did the world cup stadium in munich and the olympic stadium in bejing, at least it is unique and not one of these indentikit bowl stadiums that seem all too standard in recent years...

Maybe it's just me, but that stadium has that weird look, I'd take a look at that stadium and thnk it was in somewhere like Asia or mainland Europe, it doesn't look like the sort of stadium you'd expect to see in Britain.

But, like I said, maybe it's just me...

Maybe it's just me, but that stadium has that weird look, I'd take a look at that stadium and thnk it was in somewhere like Asia or mainland Europe, it doesn't look like the sort of stadium you'd expect to see in Britain.

But, like I said, maybe it's just me...

well that would make sense seem as whose designing it...do get what you mean, I'm just glad something is happening fratton park is 109 years old and it's showing!

Is this a completely new stadium is it a redevelopment of Fratton Park? I heard about some plan to rotate the pitch 90 degrees so they could build bigger stands at the new sites.

Is this a completely new stadium is it a redevelopment of Fratton Park? I heard about some plan to rotate the pitch 90 degrees so they could build bigger stands at the new sites.

yeah that was a birth child of old milan...but thats not happening this is brand new development, brand new site...here's the press release anyhow

Pompey have unveiled the plans for a spectacular new £600million waterfront football stadium and residential development on reclaimed land in the city's dockyard and at Fratton Park.

The new stadium is being designed by leading international architects, Herzog and De Meuron. The Swiss-based firm is responsible for both the Beijing National Stadium, which will be the centrepiece of the 2008 Olympic Games, and the Allianz Stadium in Munich.

The stadium is planned to be constructed on a site adjacent to the historic Naval Dockyards, the Gunwharf Quays retail and leisure centre, Portsmouth Harbour Station and ferry terminus and the Hard interchange bus station. It will comprise of approximately 13 acres of land reclaimed from the existing waterfront.

The joint venture between Pompey and Sellar Property Group will create a superb 36,000 all-seater stadium, over 1 million square feet of waterfront apartments, a 1.5 acre new public space together with a mixture of complementary leisure uses, restaurants and cafes.

Pompey and Sellar have also announced proposals for the redevelopment of the Club's historic 17-acre Fratton Park site, where Pompey have been playing football since 1899. It is anticipated that planning consent for the Fratton Park redevelopment will be secured at the same time as permission is granted for the waterfront development.

A phased development of Fratton Park will create a low to medium-rise scheme in keeping with its environment. The current plans are for approximately 750 homes comprising a mixture of houses, flats and affordable housing units. Part of the site, including the current car park and adjacent land, could be developed while the team continue to play at Fratton Park.

The club and Sellar are forming a joint venture company in which both Fratton Park and the new waterfront development will be held, enabling appropriate development finance to be secured to complete the overall project. It is expected that creation of the residential and commercial elements of both schemes will contribute to the development. It will also generate several thousand jobs during the construction period and many hundreds of permanent jobs post completion.

Planning applications for the proposed development will be submitted in the autumn, following consultation with stakeholders. Subject to receipt of the necessary consents, reclamation work could get underway by Summer 2008, and construction of the new stadium the following year. It is anticipated that Pompey will be playing in the new stadium by 2011.

Peter Storrie, Pompey's Chief Executive, said: "This will be the most spectacular stadium, set against the backdrop of the harbour and the English Channel befitting the club's history. The club will be playing a big part in the regeneration of the city and our fans will have the very best in terms of facilities and amenities as well as an excellent viewing experience.

"Portsmouth Football Club is moving into a new dawn with the backing of owner Alexandre Gaydamak and these are very exciting times for the club both on and off the field. The new stadium, along with plans for the club's new training ground at Titchfield, is proof of where we want Pompey to be - playing at the highest level and in a stadium that is reflective of a top Premiership side."

The proposed scheme is in the great tradition of English football stadia that have historically formed an integral part of their communities and social urban fabric and the location of the new stadium remains within the city of Portsmouth where more than three-quarters of the club's fan base lives.

The development's sustainability and green credentials are also underlined by the stadium's location which will ensure a majority of supporters arrive by public transport. Apart from parking for club officials, players and VIPs, there will be no public parking as part of the scheme.

Supporters will be encouraged to use local bus, train and ferry services to the stadium and, as part of the proposals, it is intended to create a new covered bus terminus, the roof of which will form the substantial new public space to the front of the stadium. In addition there will be plans to create suitable "park and ride" centres enabling fans to have easy access to the stadium.

The residential element of the waterfront development, comprising approximately 1,500 apartments, will wrap around the eastern, southern and western sides of the stadium. On the southwest waterfront side the development will rise to 22 storeys reducing to 11 storeys in the northeast corner as it adjusts in scale to take into account the city and the historic dockyards. The sweeping bowl shape of the scheme will, together with the Spinnaker Tower, change the city skyline and continue the regeneration of this part of Portsmouth.

While the scheme aims to reclaim approximately 13 acres from the present harbour, water will continue to play a prominent role as it is intended to replace the small boat moorings facility on the landward side of the development and enhance the wider public realm by including the beach. It is also planned to create a new dock area to the north of the site enabling HMS Warrior to be re-sited but equally accessible to the public.

0,,10396~3187534,00.jpg

0,,10396~3187193,00.jpg

As you can see from this picture the stadium is planned to be right near the coast, fratton park is further inland!

I think thats perhaps why it has a raised back behind one of the goals to protect against the coastal winds abit! I know a lot of people won't care but this is big big news, our tiny stadium holds us back in so many respects as we just make so little money off it compared to the likes of Bolton, Man City etc......

EDIT: Bolded important parts of the statement.

Seems geographically a stupid idea. Putting a stadium, so close to the water is really asking for trouble. What with erosion, high tides and storms etc.

Seems geographically a stupid idea. Putting a stadium, so close to the water is really asking for trouble. What with erosion, high tides and storms etc.

Yeah I agree, looks spectacular though eh

I'm preety sure some very qualified people looked at all the issues before they submitted the bid.

Yes true...but don't know if you knew this...Portsmouth the second highest density populated area in the UK (after London I assume), there is very little free land in the place at all and the Fratton Park area is simply not big enough to be redeveloped...so this old docklands area really is it. There was another site touted but that was actually closer to Southampton than Portsmouth and not as practical, atleast now they are helping the further development of an area that certainly when I lived there was an eye sore.

I'm preety sure some very qualified people looked at all the issues before they submitted the bid.

exactly..

Ooo Chelsea-Liverpool today! Are they playing at Anfield or at the Bridge?

I reckon Liverpool will win tbh; their fresher, have a team that plays very well together and is more consistent than Chelseas, they are AWESOME in the C.league and they've won 3/4 games against Mourihno's men.

Also, United were awesome yesterday. Rooney was fantastic :D

Is the Chelsea/Liverpool game on ITV? If not, then poo.

Can't believe I missed our awesome comeback yesterday. :( I saw the first half though, so maybe the fact that I didn't watch made us do better? :P