NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Yeah I like it but I can't see it going down too well with my mates at Barnsley College.

Its only their 3rd kit meaning it will hard get worn at all.

I think it's actually the 4th kit.

A very tame game tonight, however I thought the Man Utd reserves did well to hold a much stronger Chelsea team to a goalless draw.

A very tame game tonight, however I thought the Man Utd reserves did well to hold a much stronger Chelsea team to a goalless draw.

was a snooze fest....god so boring....

I watch Lyon vs Lens instead as I knew the Chelsea vs Man Utd game would be boring!

Lyon won 3-0 and Marseille won 2-1 with Cisse getting the winner. 2 points clear of 3rd so CL for next season is looking real good. Plus i got a feeling Ribery is gonna stay. :)

Plus i got a feeling Ribery is gonna stay. :)

He better not, I was hoping we would sign him.

I watch Lyon vs Lens instead as I knew the Chelsea vs Man Utd game would be boring!

Lyon won 3-0 and Marseille won 2-1 with Cisse getting the winner. 2 points clear of 3rd so CL for next season is looking real good. Plus i got a feeling Ribery is gonna stay. :)

damn sounds a lot better than the toss that was Man Utd Reserves VS Chelsea

Marseille won 2-1 with Cisse getting the winner.

How has Djib been doing this season? I haven't heard much, which suggests not too great :(. Do you reckon he'll be staying on at Marseille?

..so.. what's going on with Michael Owen then? I understand he should show loyalty to his club but who can blame him or his agents, or anyone involved with him for wanting to get away to a better club.

I'm actually hoping something is made of this, and that Owen ends up leaving and returning to Liverpool :yay: (providing he stays injury-free!)

I know I'm clutching at straws here, and maybe being unrealistic.. but sure Freddy Sheppard is a wanker anyway..

How has Djib been doing this season? I haven't heard much, which suggests not too great :(. Do you reckon he'll be staying on at Marseille?

Djib came back in January and started off really well. But as games went on his sharpness still wasnt there and his performaces suffered. I would say that in the last 8 games he has been looking back at his best, he should be happy though as he has scored 13 goals in 26 games so his goal ratio still good.

I think once he gets a full pre-season behind him he will be red hot next season. Marseille do want him but do not want too pay the £8.5m asking price. there is no way Liverpool are gonna get that. I think Cisse is good enough for liverpool too be honest. He was never really given a fair chance by Rafa, he will score more goals than bellamy or Kuyt.

..so.. what's going on with Michael Owen then? I understand he should show loyalty to his club but who can blame him or his agents, or anyone involved with him for wanting to get away to a better club.

I'm actually hoping something is made of this, and that Owen ends up leaving and returning to Liverpool :yay: (providing he stays injury-free!)

I know I'm clutching at straws here, and maybe being unrealistic.. but sure Freddy Sheppard is a wanker anyway..

Owen does owe necastle loyalty though. been picking up £100,000+ wages and not been playing much. No top 4 club will sign him. Rafa would be crazy too get him back!!

I agree in a way. Cisse looked atrocious down the right wing with his hit and gallop 'style', but then he never was a right wing player and was generally only there because we didn't have decent right wing players at the time. Now we have Pennant and, dare I say it, Gerrard for the right wing.

Also, despite playing out of position, Cisse did ok for us in the goal department. I'm not sure when his contract is up, but I would be prepared to give him another chance at Liverpool next season (up front, for crying out loud) and if it doesn't work out, January is there to sell i guess (though maybe not as much as we could get for him now)

I don't think Rafa would want that though, he seems intent on getting rid..

With Voronin coming in, along with a new big money striker (if rumours are to be believed) I can't see a way back for Cisse I'm afraid. I just hope we get a decent fee for him. £14 million... another great Houllier signing :rolleyes:

here the goal from last night

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/marseille%2Bnancy/video/x1xwdc_marseille-nancy-21-cisse

Also why does Zenden play in the liverpool first XI. Does Rafa not have any confidence in Gonzalez? I remember Rafa making big noise about him last summer.

anyone seen this amazing goal?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xfy6_ifk-gateborg-04-andres-vasquez

Also why does Zenden play in the liverpool first XI. Does Rafa not have any confidence in Gonzalez? I remember Rafa making big noise about him last summer.

I don't particularly rate Zenden, but on recent form he derserves his place ahead of Gonzalez who has flopped massively since arriving last summer. He was magnificent when he was on loan in Spain the season before, but doesn't seem to have settled well at all. I hope Rafa gives him another season, because he definately has the talent, and hopefully with a bit more experience of the English game he'll improve.

Spurs 1-1 Blackburn. Apparantly Hossam Ghaly (came on in the first half for Malbranque) when he got substituted for being awful, took his shirt off, threw it on the floor, and rubbed his hands together. Hopefully the end of his Spurs career...

I don't particularly rate Zenden, but on recent form he derserves his place ahead of Gonzalez who has flopped massively since arriving last summer.

I was never totally convinced by Zenden either (and actually think this will be his last season at Liverpool). However, I thought he was very good against Chelsea in the 2nd Leg of the semi-final. He and Mascherano were the best players (for me) that night.

zenden is a central midfield player. Gonzalez needs time dont forget he had a pretty bad injury early season.

Don't see Liverpool getting very much for Cisse..his contract runs out end of the next season, so few clubs would pay over the top when they could have him on a free in a year....

Portsmouth have been linked with him if we fail to get Defoe or Yakubu, but I think this is more wishful thinking than anything and simply a link that has been made because him and Benjani used to play together at Auxerre.

On another note...god at my girlfriends mums on their computer, had forgotten how slow dial up was! Think this will be my only post of the night takes too long to load pages...

So whats everyones predictions for the cup final, I have an exam that day but luckily I am fininshed by the time the game kicks off, hopefully we (utd) will smash Chelsea.

So whats everyones predictions for the cup final, I have an exam that day but luckily I am fininshed by the time the game kicks off, hopefully we (utd) will smash Chelsea.

Well, we've got the final day of the premiership today, the real action is down at the bottom and in the struggle for UEFA cup qualification.

My thoughts are that West Ham will survive and Bolton still might miss out in a sickening blow to the club after Big Sam left.

Oh, Cup final - come on Man Utd! Will be a tense game, too close to call methinks. I think if you look at their perfeormances this season Man Utd deserve it more.

I would love it if Chelsea smashed United everywhere, however...

It will either be a 3-0 United or 1-0 Chelsea...

I would love it if Chelsea smashed United everywhere,

It will be 1-0 Chelsea...

I like your style :heh: Heres hoping for a Chelsea win! Woo.