NEurope
Retro_Link

New Tales game to be unveiled soon!! for Wii??

How can you say that, did you play it fully, IMO Symphonia has one of the best game stories ever and works on so many levels, my fav GC game and prolly most played, i've completed it 5 times because i love the story and characters so much(i've completed other games more time like REmake, RE4 but those are short compared to TOS).

If you actually play Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy X you'll see some big similarities in the story, and since ToS was released after FFX i believe that Namco might have ripped Square-Enix off a bit.

Also I though many of the characters in your party in ToS were had quite boring personalities e.g. Kratos.

They were all generic characters face it people, go buy a ps2 and wait for rouge galaxy a good rpg.

Thats BS, IMO the characters in TOS for the most part have brilliant personalities, the game itself is original, ok so it had cliches but name me an RPG that doesn't? exactly... the tried and tested battle system is implemented superbly and actually makes the battles fun and enjoyable.

The scale of the game is also immense, loads of side quests and secrets and theres plenty to love about it, anyone who didn't like it is probably an RPG afficianado thats played so many RPG's that their judgement has become jaded over the years or has just found lots of small reasons to have a dig at it for no good reason IMO.

Tales of Symphonia is a great RPG and of the best in recent years and a direct Nintendo home console sequel or prequel would be most welcome. :smile:

So generally we'd all be excited about a new Tales of game on Wii? And we'd be all the more excited if it was related to Tales of Symphonia somehow?

the game itself is original

Now that's BS.

Collette being the Chosen is quite similar to Yuna being a Summoner.

It requires a hard journey for the Chosen/Summoner to reach their destination and regenerate the world/defeat sin.

In both games the Chosen/Summoner has gaurdians to aid her on her quest.

In both games there is a religion that is actually corrupt: Cruxis/Yevon.

I also get the feeling that the world has been regenerated before in Tales of Symphonia so that is also similar with Sin returning again to be defeated by another summoner.

In case people don't know the game i'm comparing ToS with is Final Fantasy X.

Apparently:

Tales of Destiny (PS2) REMAKE

Tales of Phantasia (PSP) PS PORT + some new features

Tales of the World (PSP)

:(

Tales of the Voice could be for Wii though and shown soon. Fingers crossed.

Apparently:

Tales of Destiny (PS2) REMAKE

Tales of Phantasia (PSP) PS PORT + some new features

Tales of the World (PSP)

:(

Tales of the Voice could be for Wii though and shown soon. Fingers crossed.

stupid namco... why giving a stupid wattered down port of ToP SNES to GBA (made in 2003 and recently released outside japan) and making a port from the psone game to the PSP? :/

It should come out on DS too then (there's no doubt the DS could run a PSone port), and... looking at the sales... we deserve it namco.

Hell ToS and ToP sell more monthly than any tales on a PS2 console (even considering launch).

Tales of Destiny PS2 makes some sense as Tales of Destiny II (a direct follow up) is on PS2 with better pixel detail (640x480), still I see no point in it, as Tales of Destiny was not that good anyway.

Tales of the world... I've got no idea how namco decides that based on how they dropped support for GC so easily when PS2 was the leading console... well now DS is the leading console... so what's going on?

why are they getting 2 well made ports (eternia and phantasia) and one exclusive game, while we got a bad port on GBA and a exclusive game on DS?

I smell some money handed over by sony; after all... it's getting hard to get RPG's comming on PSP and we know how japan depends on them.

Phantasia was remade 3 times now (and released four times), namco is really milking "tales of" games nowadays, they should give it a rest and only announce one title at a time. even japanese people are not that interested in two tales games a year and the sales have been dropping steadily.

I also get the feeling that the world has been regenerated before in Tales of Symphonia so that is also similar with Sin returning again to be defeated by another summoner.

What do you mean "get the feeling?" it was stated in the game that "both" worlds had been through numerous regenerations and many Chosens have come and gone in a 5000 year period.

I hope to god its on a Nintendo platform. Im sick and tired of sony getting all of the cream here.

I loved Symphonia, mezmerising(spelling poor!) story, and characters like Lloyd were ace.

Collette being the Chosen is quite similar to Yuna being a Summoner.

Well maybe it is similar. But its not the same.

It requires a hard journey for the Chosen/Summoner to reach their destination and regenerate the world/defeat sin.

It would be stupid if it was easy.

In both games the Chosen/Summoner has gaurdians to aid her on her quest.

It is a difficult journey and considering that if collette dies the world wont be regenerated, I think you would bring help along.

In both games there is a religion that is actually corrupt: Cruxis/Yevon.

Yeah, I'll give you that.

[spoiler=]In both games the Chosen/Summoner is required to die for the world to be regenerated/ for Sin to be defeated.

[spoiler=]They did manage to do it without the chosen dieing.

It has been done many times.

Looks like Stocka was correct.

Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition

PSP - 7th September

Tales of Destiny

PS2 - Winter

Tales of The World Radiant Mythology

PSP - Winter

Tales of Destiny 2

PSP - 2007

However, there may be a surprise or two tomorrow.

Im disappointed to see that its all looking to be for Sony, however isnt it a testament to how the tide is changing away from them that we can feel genuinely let down by this? I actually did expect one of the games announced to be on some kind of Nintendo console. Still, only time will tell... and really, (wasnt it pedro who said it?) do we honestly need to see so many Tales of games released at once? ... overkillage?

Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition

PSP - 7th September

Tales of Destiny

PS2 - Winter

Tales of The World Radiant Mythology

PSP - Winter

Tales of Destiny 2

PSP - 2007

:shock: THREE Tales for the PSP!! It isn't even selling all that well!!

Sony must be paying for these!!

Tales of Destiny & Tales of the World

13editeurs20060620_061451_1_big.jpg

Tales of Destiny & Tales of Phantasia

13editeurs20060620_061450_0_big.jpg

Yeah I jut saw this on NeoGaf, why in the Blue FUCK is the PSP getting three Tales of Games! These'll never come out of Japan anyway and the PSP is a dead duck there!!!

Tales Of Destiny PS2 does look HAWT though, shame it'll never get released outside Japan :mad:

Tales of The Tempest is now coming out in october as well :mad: :mad: and there's still no word on whether or not it's coming out over here :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pics here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105718&page=7 (Check the rest of the thread for more pics)

So that's 3 remakes (1 being the 4th version of the same game - Phantasia) and 1 crappy dungeon crawler (Tales of the World) This sucks! Where's my Tales of Wii!!!

And why is the DS getting so little Tales of love and the PSP gets it all, Sony fans have already played these games and the PSP is dead in Japan, give it to the Nintendo fans and the DS!!!

I guess Namco just don't like money :sad:

Oh yeah, not sure if this is new or not but I'm posting it anyway, Tales of Symphonia OVA (Original Video Animation) coming out in 2007

tos9eq.jpg

See how they use the PS2 logo, Fucking Bastards!

http://www.animate.tv/nf/detail.php?id=0000000693

I just don't understand this :cry:

Like Retro Link said, Sony must of paid for this.

HAHAHA Tales of tempest is coming out the same time as ff3, namco always manage to make me laugh with there stupid descions

Noooooooo =(

Somebody will gonna pay!!! *insert evil laugh here*

I also don't get why they are doing this. Must be sony to increase psp sales in japan to face the DSL ones...

Well all this news so far is just s****.PSP is doing terrible and it's getting games where as the GC got bugger all just about.Nintendo deserve more.And why the hell is it not the GC logo,idiots.

The crappyness continues. Word is that Tales of the Voice is for...

wait for it

Mobile Phones.

The crappyness continues. Word is that Tales of the Voice is for...

wait for it

Mobile Phones.

No way,you must be kidding...

This is really taking the piss now...

buying a psp just to smash it in front of a sony fan boy would be worth it!

To say that this defies all logic would be an understatement. Nice going, Namco!

Thanks for nothing Namco....literaly

Oh yeah, not sure if this is new or not but I'm posting it anyway, Tales of Symphonia OVA (Original Video Animation) coming out in 2007

tos9eq.jpg

See how they use the PS2 logo, Fucking Bastards!

http://www.animate.tv/nf/detail.php?id=0000000693

Their making it into an OVA show:bouncy:

But what do you mean about the PS2 logo..i can't see it

But what do you mean about the PS2 logo..i can't see it
ToS gamecube logo is blue'ish... the PS2 version featured that magenta/red'ish one.